Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sorry man but the new album in full - in that particular slot - would be an absolutely woeful decision.

Probably, but I still think it could happen.

And there's no need to apologise - unfortunately I'm not the one who makes these decisions. Wish I was, because it'd mean I was in Radiohead.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just realised what other recent album A Moon Shaped Pool reminds me of: Vulnicura.

They're both essentially breakup albums that bring artists in danger of becoming slightly too unrelatable back down to earth and remind you of what it is they do best.

Edited by Winslow Leach

3 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I've just realised what other recent album A Moon Shaped Pool reminds me of: Vulnicura.

They're both essentially breakup albums that bring artists in danger of becoming slightly too unrelatable back down to earth and remind you of what it is they do best.

So now bjork and thom are single and they're good friends we should so totally start Project Bjork Yorke and try to set them up

4 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Resident Advisor thought similar

https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/19002

Just now, Janaka said:

thanks ... tho as you don't appear to be active on checkpage there's no point in me adding them. If you are, please email admin@checkpage.co.uk with your checkpage login details.

Just now, Janaka said:

Also wondering whether it makes to add the Seetickets pages, even though they and G&T are the same company.

I doubt there's any point, as far as I'm aware from convos I've had with See about a white label site, iG&T is merely a different front end to the same backend system, and if one changes so should the other.

8 minutes ago, ericlered said:

So.... the Burn The Witch / Spectre 7" release direct to ebay went well.....

They should have released it normally. It's a nice idea to have a limited release, but in 2016 it's been proven time and again to not work. They have just disappointed their fans by releasing it the way they have. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

They should have released it normally. It's a nice idea to have a limited release, but in 2016 it's been proven time and again to not work. They have just disappointed their fans by releasing it the way they have. 

This is the one thing that bugs me. Same goes with you didn't get a download copy when you brought the physical. Why not just release it all at the same time? 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Apart from appealing to "collectors" and more pertinently, ebay scum, what is the exact point of it being so strictly limited?

A non-limited release would have been better all round, for everyone concerned. Radiohead, the indie stores, the fans. Sometimes you have to wonder if anyone in the band / mamagement / label has a clue how things work in the real world.

Sigh.

4 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Apart from appealing to "collectors" and more pertinently, ebay scum, what is the exact point of it being so strictly limited?

A non-limited release would have been better all round, for everyone concerned. Radiohead, the indie stores, the fans. Sometimes you have to wonder if anyone in the band / mamagement / label has a clue how things work in the real world.

Sigh.

They would actually make more money if they did a non-limited release and it would screw over their fans. So yeah, no idea why they wouldn't do it.

4 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Sigh.

I think they do. They just want to be 'radiohead' eg the In Raindows pay scheme and how quickly they released King of Limbs etc