Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, RedGlover said:

Back to Glastonbury-related for a moment...

The radiohead Instagram account that posted the Glastonbury photos... When it originally happened was called out as not them (they didn't have it). They are however now on Instagram, verified - I think it's the same account (though can't be sure due to deleting their history I guess).

Mightve been mentioned - but I just love straws so much...

I read on atease the night of the social media purge that Radiohead had claimed the Instagram account the previous week and so it wasn't theirs when the Glasto stuff was posted.

3 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

They're two different accounts. Official one is just "radiohead", the other one where the Glasto pictures got posted is "radiohead official". 

The Radiohead.official one doesn't appear to exist anymore. Is it not the same account with the name having been changed?

For Amsterdam, they sent out e-tickets. I just had a slight panic because I couldn't find them in my inbox. I manically searched for "radiohead" in all my email accounts, without result. I even asked my wife if they were in her account, despite being 100% certain I had booked them myself, now spreading my panic to her as well.

Turns out the tickets and the confirmation email only state " Sandbag, Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam ", and don't contain any reference to Radiohead at all.

I'm still trying to calm down.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Radiohead beat Skepta to score sixth number one album - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36284815

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this. Pretty cool that an album released online on a Sunday night can get to number 1.

Radiohead ftw :D

Adele out of the top 10. Honestly, I always ponder who has decided they would really like a copy of that 'del album 6 months after it came out to still be in the top 10. Astonishing, have those people been hidden in dark locked rooms for half a year?

14 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Adele out of the top 10. Honestly, I always ponder who has decided they would really like a copy of that 'del album 6 months after it came out to still be in the top 10. Astonishing, have those people been hidden in dark locked rooms for half a year?

I saw a bloke last week leave HMV with a copy of it on vinyl. Why on earth would you buy it on vinyl?! I felt like quizzing the guy about his purchase. 

5 minutes ago, poromenos said:

do we have any actual indication that they might be playing doing a secret set or anything at all? 

Sure the fact that they're still listed as SR means something? (cc @eFestivals)

a guy who has given good info on Radiohead in the past including their 2011 secret set seems to believe that they're booked to play this year, although he's not sure where for, as well as other various sources that Neil has had that makes it look likely that they'll appear, but that's it really - nothing sure. the full lineup poster will probably/hopefully nail it down for us once and for all

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nah you don't really find out where there may be a spare hour somewhere until the times come out. And even if there's nothing on there I would think there'd be speculation for them playing before or after all the acts on one stage.

i'm more working on the assumption that if they're playing, it's gonna be one one of the big stages and a gap would be noticeable (aka Pyramid sub) - i just can't see them doing a small secret set again for many obvious reasons

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i'm more working on the assumption that if they're playing, it's gonna be one one of the big stages and a gap would be noticeable (aka Pyramid sub) - i just can't see them doing a small secret set again for many obvious reasons

I don't really see the point in them not announcing it though, as I think it would be a lot more obvious than Libertines last year (which was surprisingly well hidden IMO) 

but to have a special guest there would be just too gimmicky I think

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Well the last poster seemed to banish the Pyramid sub expectation but then it made a return, so I wouldn't be convinced another one will kill it off either. :lol: 

I think they can manage another smaller secret set with proper use of security staff or something. They've had Bastille and peak-of-popularity The Vaccines play William's Green since the Radiohead Park set without casualty. Obviously not as big but I think if they were proper worried they wouldn't have acts that big in a venue like WG.

3 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I don't really see the point in them not announcing it though, as I think it would be a lot more obvious than Libertines last year (which was surprisingly well hidden IMO) 

They only really had The Libertines on as an unannounced special guest because of Reading and Leeds having them on an exclusive. I don't think they'll want to carry on down the route either because they'll dig themselves a bloody great hole if they set precedent of having large special guest acts in a sub slot. It's just begging for Stereophonics to be special guest subs in 2017. :P

3 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

yeah i'm not really sure which way they'll go about it. tbh, if it wasn't for that one source Neil has, i doubt any of us would be thinking they'd be making an appearance this year, so in a way it's a shame we found out as it would've been some surprise to see a 'Special Guest' on the poster beneath Adele and then for that special guest to be Radiohead. announcing it as a Special Guest may be gimmicky but will also leave the feeling of 'what if it isn't them?'. i think just having Radiohead on the poster beneath Adele would seem weird as hell, as if they were any other sub

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well the last poster seemed to banish the Pyramid sub expectation but then it made a return, so I wouldn't be convinced another one will kill it off either. :lol: 

I think they can manage another smaller secret set with proper use of security staff or something. They've had Bastille and peak-of-popularity The Vaccines play William's Green since the Radiohead Park set without casualty. Obviously not as big but I think if they were proper worried they wouldn't have acts that big in a venue like WG.

They only really had The Libertines on as an unannounced special guest because of Reading and Leeds having them on an exclusive. I don't think they'll want to carry on down the route either because they'll dig themselves a bloody great hole if they set precedent of having large special guest acts in a sub slot. It's just begging for Stereophonics to be special guest subs in 2017. :P

guess it'll depend on who else is on the Pyramid and how they list it. if they list Muse, Adele, Coldplay, Foals, Ellie Goulding, ZZ Top, Last Shadow Puppets, Beck... etc i think we can assume there's an act missing there, but aye if it is in fact Disclosure then of course the rampant speculation will continue. i won't be entirely convinced until i see them walk out on stage, or worst case scenario, hear about it happening earlier from others

gonna be horrible if we never get a definitive answer and i'm having to turn up at every secret set on the lineup in the hope it'll be them. although i've gotta say - i can't imagine them touring with the London Contemporary Orchestra (which they probably are) for the tour and then doing some stripped back versions of the tracks on a small stage at Glastonbury, which is why i think it's Pyramid or nothing

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

guess it'll depend on who else is on the Pyramid and how they list it. if they list Muse, Adele, Coldplay, Foals, Ellie Goulding, ZZ Top, Last Shadow Puppets, Beck... etc i think we can assume there's an act missing there, but aye if it is in fact Disclosure then of course the rampant speculation will continue. i won't be entirely convinced until i see them walk out on stage, or worst case scenario, hear about it happening earlier from others

gonna be horrible if we never get a definitive answer and i'm having to turn up at every secret set on the lineup in the hope it'll be them. although i've gotta say - i can't imagine them touring with the London Contemporary Orchestra (which they probably are) for the tour and then doing some stripped back versions of the tracks on a small stage at Glastonbury, which is why i think it's Pyramid or nothing

That's a really great point. 

I still think there's a strong possibility they could perform with an orchestra and do most (if not all) of the new album in that sub position.

What if it was billed as 'Special Guests Radiohead ft. London Contemporary Orchestra' :locomotive:

48 minutes ago, jparx said:

I still think there's a strong possibility they could perform with an orchestra and do most (if not all) of the new album in that sub position.

Sorry man but the new album in full - in that particular slot - would be an absolutely woeful decision.