Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

What Sennheisers did you go for at that range? I've been looking for a new pair and that's much closer to my budget 

Dunno, just go to Argos and pick out whichever Sennheisers are closest to the amount I fancy spending. I'm never disappointed.

Just make sure you're using the right size buds. Too big and it will hurt, too small and it won't make a seal, so your bass will be shit.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

I had a pair of beats when tescos reduced them to £50 for the solo Hd types. We're probably worth £50 but no more then that. Still have them and work fine but I want to invest in something better quality after I've been on holiday in August. 

I tried on some over ear £90 Beats in a shop, then plugged in my 20 set. Clarity + presence all better with my cheap little ones. Unbelievable.

3 hours ago, RedGlover said:

Back to Glastonbury-related for a moment...

The radiohead Instagram account that posted the Glastonbury photos... When it originally happened was called out as not them (they didn't have it). They are however now on Instagram, verified - I think it's the same account (though can't be sure due to deleting their history I guess).

Mightve been mentioned - but I just love straws so much...

These are what was uploaded, is it the same account?

Screenshot_20160513-232907.png

Screenshot_20160513-232931.png

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's well outside my price range. I did spend £80, but they broke as quickly as my 20-30 quid Sennheisers. So I decided to just keep buying the cheaper ones, since they sound great to me.

I have one piece of advice though.

Don't. Get. Beats.

Thanks. Not looking at Beats.Happy to see I don't need to spend a fortune to get a good sound. Will look at Sennheisers.

Waap

13 minutes ago, Waapster said:

Thanks. Not looking at Beats.Happy to see I don't need to spend a fortune to get a good sound. Will look at Sennheisers.

Waap

'Good' is relative. I'm sure there are audiophiles that would dispute the claim!

I can at least say with confidence they're the best you can get for about £20 from Argos.

1 minute ago, DR OK said:

Yeah you are right there. I can't find a copy anywhere.

i was just thinking how the fuck haven't Radiohead headlined Glastonbury in the last 13 years? 

I make it that in that time arctic monkeys have headlined twice, the who twice, muse will have three times and Coldplay three times too... It's staggering

Because they haven't wanted to? 

7 minutes ago, DR OK said:

I wonder whether it's because they think they will never better 2003, they've played plenty of festivals in that period over the years but don't seem to want the big slot.

isn't t because  they didn't wanna be a Glastonbury house band a-la Muse and Coldplay. obviously the 13 year gap is a bit much though. maybe Thom's apparent comments about the Pyramid sound system are true. who knows. guess we'll find out in the next couple of years

9 hours ago, DR OK said:

My tickets still haven't arrived, the message from see tickets was very odd. It's almost like they aren't expecting them to arrive.

Glad it's not just me worried about this...

What do you suppose they will do to get us in if they don't show up? Just a list on the door?

9 hours ago, DR OK said:

My tickets still haven't arrived, the message from see tickets was very odd. It's almost like they aren't expecting them to arrive.

I know right? "Don't contact us until 2 days before the event and we will arrange another method for you to get in" and I don't remember if I paid postage or not, but I hope not as they've only posted them first class! 

I think the reason for Radiohead not headlining in so long could be down to bad timing. If you look at the times they could have potentially headlined since 2006 onwards (assuming they wouldn't have done it 2004/2005 because it would have been so soon) there seems to be a good explanation for them all.

2006 - there was no festival that year, and they were in America that time of year anyway
2007 - they weren't touring/were finishing In Rainbows
2008 - probably the best year they could have booked them as they were in the Europe and touring at the time. Perhaps due to the fact that they'd only released 1 studio album since their last headline performance, Glastonbury thought they'd wait a few years for another release, not knowing how long that could leave them not headlining again.
2009 - didn't play any shows between March-August that year, also played R&L, not completely sure but i'm assuming they were and exclusive UK festival booking
2010 - not touring
2011 - had released TKOL but hadn't properly worked out how to play it live yet
2012 - again, would have made sense for them to headline but there was no Glastonbury this year
2013 onwards - not touring

So really the only year that Glastonbury seemed to just not book them was 2008. Like I said, perhaps if they'd known then how long it would take for another chance for them to headline then they may have booked them.

Edited by dylangraham

10 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

I think the reason for Radiohead not headlining in so long could be down to bad timing. If you look at the times they could have potentially headlined since 2006 onwards (assuming they wouldn't have done it 2004/2005 because it would have been so soon) there seems to be a good explanation for them all.

2006 - there was no festival that year, and they were in America that time of year anyway
2007 - they weren't touring/were finishing In Rainbows
2008 - probably the best year they could have booked them as they were in the Europe and touring at the time. Perhaps due to the fact that they'd only released 1 studio album since their last headline performance, Glastonbury thought they'd wait a few years for another release, not knowing how long that could leave them not headlining again.
2009 - didn't play any shows between March-August that year, also played R&L, not completely sure but i'm assuming they were and exclusive UK festival booking
2010 - not touring
2011 - had released TKOL but hadn't properly worked out how to play it live yet
2012 - again, would have made sense for them to headline but there was no Glastonbury this year
2013 onwards - not touring

So really the only year that Glastonbury seemed to just not book them was 2008. Like I said, perhaps if they'd known then how long it would take for another chance for them to headline then they may have booked them.

A good analysis. Especially since 2008 was the year Eavis explicitly said he booked Jay-Z because he couldn't get the usual 'Anglo-Saxon' bands and that he had been working on Radiohead that year.

Actually, you could make a decent case that 2003 was too recent to come back in 2008. 3 times in 11 years is a lot. I think that was the year the 'house band' comment was made.

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A good analysis. Especially since 2008 was the year Eavis explicitly said he booked Jay-Z because he couldn't get the usual 'Anglo-Saxon' bands and that he had been working on Radiohead that year.

Actually, you could make a decent case that 2003 was too recent to come back in 2008. 3 times in 11 years is a lot. I think that was the year the 'house band' comment was made.

I was thinking that too... then I remembered that after this year Coldplay will have headlined 4 times in 14 years and Muse 3 times in 12 years :P

Edited by dylangraham

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

I get the impression they are aware there is a massive tout market and it will end up being name and card on the door rather than any ticket. Which is a bit irritating as my card has recently expired so I've had to keep it just in case...

seems like the tickets are not being dispatched by the ticket provider and are being sent directly by the roundhouse and they either haven't done it yet or don't plan on sending any out.

Got ours today despite saying not dispatched so don't stress too much . They don't need signing for. Just a first class envelope with a road house stamp on it

35 minutes ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Got ours today despite saying not dispatched so don't stress too much . They don't need signing for. Just a first class envelope with a road house stamp on it

Yep snap. Just came through the letter box this morning. It slightly makes up for the crushing disappointment of not having a Glastonbury ticket.