Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

So the people at Glasto HQ can laugh their way through 294 pages of our desperate soles speculating it 

23 hours ago, jparx said:

Create extra hype later down the line? Perhaps RH themselves wanted the announcement to wait until their album was released. Who knows? There's still a decent possibility that they could do a Libertines and be a secret tba deal.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Been to all the city centre ones on my lunch break. No one has it unfortunately. Probe did have it but sold out

Yeah went down to the Probe at about 2 and they sold out. Asked how much he had in and he just said that was irrelevant which fair enough was true but I was just curious how slim my chances where!

Back to Glastonbury-related for a moment...

The radiohead Instagram account that posted the Glastonbury photos... When it originally happened was called out as not them (they didn't have it). They are however now on Instagram, verified - I think it's the same account (though can't be sure due to deleting their history I guess).

Mightve been mentioned - but I just love straws so much...

Edited by RedGlover

This isn't Glastonbury-related and I realise I'm late to the party (I work shifts, I have a kid etc.) but I'm on my fourth listen to the album and this really is the absolute bollocks isn't it? Didn't get into TKOL so I can't believe how good this is.

Just pre-ordered the new album on cd for about £10 from Amazon and got auto-rip MP3 version instantly added as well. Hope that helps anyone wanting cd but would like to listen to album now.

Edited by cammie81
Forgot retailer

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Some people are selling the Burn the Witch 7" for £150 on ebay.

Words cannot describe my rage at these fucking pieces of shit. Fucking cretins.

Is anyone actually buying them though? Let the twats list them at that price, as long as nobody buys them it's their problem.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is anyone actually buying them though? Let the twats list them at that price, as long as nobody buys them it's their problem.

I'm sure someone will. Unfortunately some fans will have more money than sense.

They should flood the marketplace with extra copies to drive the prices down and fuck over these traders.

On Record Store Day, I was queueing up waiting to get in Rough Trade, and the first people that came out of the shop (the ones queueing from 6pm the night before) were all carrying 5-6 tote bags worth of records. They all looked like the smarmiest twats as well. People bang on about ticket touts, but this is almost as big a problem in my book. 

13 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I remember been first In line for the blur, fools day single and 2 people talking about how there were going to buy them to sell and tried to push me out of the queue

Would of decked the c**ts. That or tell the rest of the queue their plans and encourage them to cut in front of them

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What's your budget? 

Maybe to £200 but I do want something I can wear on the train, not massive audiophile cans. Would consider spending more if a really good case was put but I'm not a billionaire.

Just now, Waapster said:

Maybe to £200 but I do want something I can wear on the train, not massive audiophile cans. Would consider spending more if a really good case was put but I'm not a billionaire.

That's well outside my price range. I did spend £80, but they broke as quickly as my 20-30 quid Sennheisers. So I decided to just keep buying the cheaper ones, since they sound great to me.

I have one piece of advice though.

Don't. Get. Beats.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's well outside my price range. I did spend £80, but they broke as quickly as my 20-30 quid Sennheisers. So I decided to just keep buying the cheaper ones, since they sound great to me.

Don't. Get. Beats.

What Sennheisers did you go for at that range? I've been looking for a new pair and that's much closer to my budget 

If anyone is after a decent budget pair of earphones Soundmagic E10's are absolutly stunning for the price, well made too 

3 hours ago, RedGlover said:

Back to Glastonbury-related for a moment...

The radiohead Instagram account that posted the Glastonbury photos... When it originally happened was called out as not them (they didn't have it). They are however now on Instagram, verified - I think it's the same account (though can't be sure due to deleting their history I guess).

Mightve been mentioned - but I just love straws so much...

This is an interesting point, we were very quick to dismiss them but it's possible we were getting a massive hint and didn't know it 

Pass the straws please 

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Don't. Get. Beats.

I had a pair of beats when tescos reduced them to £50 for the solo Hd types. We're probably worth £50 but no more then that. Still have them and work fine but I want to invest in something better quality after I've been on holiday in August.