Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Roundhouse is a phenomenal venue. Best in London IMO. Seen a few big artists there (Arctic Monkeys, Pixies, Arcade Fire, Manics) and it's always great. You can see perfectly from anywhere as it's not that big at all, and it's round.

That's perfect, cheers Hugh!

Massively looking forward to this gig, think it's gonna be a bit special.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Roundhouse is a phenomenal venue. Best in London IMO. Seen a few big artists there (Arctic Monkeys, Pixies, Arcade Fire, Manics) and it's always great. You can see perfectly from anywhere as it's not that big at all, and it's round.

A lot better than those traditional squarehouse venues.

I've been there to see Wilco, Elbow, War on Drugs and Beirut in the last few years. The gigs were great but we got to Beirut late, and were unable (and unwilling) to muscle forward. There is a definite difference in atmosphere if you can get 'inside' the pillars. The sound is noticeably better, the crowd more engaged.  Towards the back the sound gets mixed up with the bar noises, the toilet comings and goings etc. 

Its my favourite venue in London too and with the best live band I've ever seen - what can go wrong?

2 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

I've never been to Roundhouse before, I have to collect my ticket from the box office! Just need to sort out accommodation, once I'm all checked in or whatever I will head to the venue. 

I booked the Thistle Euston as that's the "other side" of Camden and gives us chance to sample a few bars on the way to & from the gig. 

We're travelling from Chesterfield so might see you (if your name is accurate at all).

So then, first gig on Friday. Assuming they play 25/26 songs, what are everyone's predictions?

• I think 7-8 new album songs. 
  • They will end the show with True Love Waits and open it with Burn the Witch.
  • I can also see them throwing in a few oldies that they don't *typically* play as regulars on this tour (The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Let down?). 

Regarding the whole final tour/album argument, I think the setlist could shed a lot of light on that. If it's packed with 'classics' it could be a bad sign.

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

So then, first gig on Friday. Assuming they play 25/26 songs, what are everyone's predictions?

• I can also see them throwing in a few oldies that they don't *typically* play as regulars on this tour (The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Let down?). 

Regarding the whole final tour/album argument, I think the setlist could shed a lot of light on that. If it's packed with 'classics' it could be a bad sign.

I think they'll play the whole album. I also think they will play very little from the bends and ok computer - only one or at most two songs from both. Nothing from pablo honey.

I'm probably very wrong though!

Edited by russycarps

My ultimate RH Set - let me know if you agree -

Burn the Witch

2+2=5

Everything In It's Right Place

Pyramid Song

Bones

My Iron Lung

Idioteque

Morning Mr Magpie 

Karma Police

-----------------------------------------

The National Anthem

Paranoid Andriod 

Daydreaming

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

My ultimate RH Set - let me know if you agree -

Burn the Witch

2+2=5

Everything In It's Right Place

Pyramid Song

Bones

My Iron Lung

Idioteque

Morning Mr Magpie 

Karma Police

-----------------------------------------

The National Anthem

Paranoid Andriod 

Daydreaming

Bit short isn't it?

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Im going all in here. 2 sets. 1st set A Moon Shaped Pool in full, preferably with a string section and or choir. 2nd set an hour of whatever they feel like playing.

1 hour ago, Room to sway said:

So, to those going to the Roundhouse gigs, what time are you getting there? I was just gonna roll up when the doors are about to open.

Assuming a half hour support slot (doors open at 7pm) I am guessing support will be on from 7:30-8:00 so I will try and get into the venue for 8 as I am not too keen on the support - Radiohead 8:30 ish until venue close is my best guess

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

Im going all in here. 2 sets. 1st set A Moon Shaped Pool in full, preferably with a string section and or choir. 2nd set an hour of whatever they feel like playing.

Assuming a half hour support slot (doors open at 7pm) I am guessing support will be on from 7:30-8:00 so I will try and get into the venue for 8 as I am not too keen on the support - Radiohead 8:30 ish until venue close is my best guess

Holly Herndon is a fairly well-established and acclaimed artist, so I reckon she might get more like 40-45 mins...

(kind of hope so, as I really like her!)

Ben

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

Cheers Mungo. Reckon I'll try to get there for 7 but not that fussed if I get there a bit later, so long as I can get a reasonable position.

That reminds me I need to get some whiskey for my hip flask!

1 minute ago, Room to sway said:

Cheers Mungo. Reckon I'll try to get there for 7 but not that fussed if I get there a bit later, so long as I can get a reasonable position.

That reminds me I need to get some whiskey for my hip flask!

thats a fair point mate, will have to remember my own. Always forget!

Haven't been this stoked for a gig in a long time. The whole thing (drinks etc included) is gonna end up costing me like £200 but I don't even care. Should be fantastic. Just gonna have to make sure I don't make my usual mistake of getting so wrecked I forget the entire thing and waking up with a head full of pain and regret.

Reckon they'll do the new album in full, and like russy at most I think we'll get one or two from The Bends and OK Computer if that (Street Spirit and Paranoid Android) but I'm all for some lesser played gems

I can't see them doing more than 2 songs the TKOL, and possibly 3 from In Rainbows. If they do the album in full, that means 16 songs from their 3 most recent albums, so 10 songs from the Bends > HTTT + any rarities/bsides + Creep (although I can't see them playing that at the Roundhouse, possibly at festivals though). 

I think the setlists for the festival shows will be significantly different. 7 songs from AMSP, 2 from TKOL, 3 from In Rainbows, which would leave 12-14 songs from older records. 

Gosh imagine if somebody actually does pay £70 for the ticket and then gets black-out drunk.

I get it at festivals and stuff because it's so easy to forget to pace yourself but when someone is barely managing to stand at the £60-odd weeknight arena gig it just boggles my mind.

12 hours ago, russycarps said:

If you're getting there early and you're into real ale and proper pubs the bree louise by Euston is your best bet, but you are 30 mins walk from the roundhouse there. There's a nice Italian restaurant 2 mins from Camden station called goodfare which is family run and inexpensive. I'll be frequenting both places  on the Friday!

Edit completely misread the between chalk farm and Camden bit, so this is probably of no use!

Thanks for this as we're based not too far Euston and do like real ales.

Will check out. Could potentially head there before heading to the places that TomViolence suggested.

Can't wait for the gig and get to go to London again. Not long now.

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

I can't see them doing more than 2 songs the TKOL, and possibly 3 from In Rainbows. If they do the album in full, that means 16 songs from their 3 most recent albums, so 10 songs from the Bends > HTTT + any rarities/bsides + Creep (although I can't see them playing that at the Roundhouse, possibly at festivals though). 

I think the setlists for the festival shows will be significantly different. 7 songs from AMSP, 2 from TKOL, 3 from In Rainbows, which would leave 12-14 songs from older records. 

They usually only play 22-23 songs though don't they?

I'm thinking 10 out of 11 songs from AMSP, 2 songs from TKOL, 4 from In Rainbows, 2 songs from HTTT, between 0 and 1 songs from Amnesiac, 3 songs from Kid A. And then that makes 22 songs, then maybe they might play between 0 and 2 songs from OK Computer to make 23. I don't think they'll be playing much from The Bends or Pablo Honey at all on this tour. They didn't play any from Pablo Honey in the 2012 tour, and they played very very little from The Bends.

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

They usually only play 22-23 songs though don't they?

I'm thinking 10 out of 11 songs from AMSP, 2 songs from TKOL, 4 from In Rainbows, 2 songs from HTTT, 1 song from Amnesiac, 3 songs from Kid A. And then that makes 22 songs, then maybe they might play 1 from OK Computer to make 23.

On most of their last shows in 2012 they played 24, but I think they'll go a bit longer at the Roundhouse. 

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Gosh imagine if somebody actually does pay £70 for the ticket and then gets black-out drunk.

I get it at festivals and stuff because it's so easy to forget to pace yourself but when someone is barely managing to stand at the £60-odd weeknight arena gig it just boggles my mind.

This happened at Patti Smith at the roundhouse. Guy along from me in a coat and rucksack, holding a pint, fell asleep with his head on the woman in front's back. Clearly had no idea where he was. Dragged off by his mates.

That was a great gig, btw, the Roundhouse is an awesome venue. Patti Smith told how the first time she played there in the '70's Steve Jones climbed in through a hole in the roof.