Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

all i can tell you is that every angle i go at trying to find out who is before Adele keeps coming up blank.

My impression is that whatever's happening there is being kept as the tightest secret by the festival, tho that might just be the result of not having asked the right question of the right person ... tho more normally, if someone knows they'll say they know even if they won't tell me what they know. I have the impression no one knows.

I read something earlier today (perhaps this thread, I forget) suggesting Tame Impala might be in that slot, but my impression is that it's something that people would consider more-special that just one of the bands that's standardly going around.

Which leaves more than just RH of course - the Roses instead, just perhaps - but big and special seems to be the deal.

Neil, I'm probably getting wires crossed, so the above means that the 'stuff' you (& DeeBee) heard / saw RE: the line up (at which some people would be really happy) at the Emerging Talent Competition wasn't RH-related then? 

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Faithless will sub Adele. I have thought this all along and still do.

why on earth would they hold back Faithless? i thought that may be the case before the lineup was announced, but they weren't on it. there's little sense in saving them as some big reveal - they'd be an underwhelming sub as it is

All that aside, I've done a volte face.

Just let Radiohead play the new album on the Pyramid. Fuck it.

I'd be happy.

Leave the string section and their gear on stage from TLSP > break > into Radiohead > break > Adele.

Anyone else listening to A Moon Shaped Pool in the car on the way home from work, imagining being at the Pyramid and imagining crowd cheering after each song finishes?

Nope? Just me? 

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Neil, I'm probably getting wires crossed, so the above means that the 'stuff' you (& DeeBee) heard / saw RE: the line up (at which some people would be really happy) at the Emerging Talent Competition wasn't RH-related then? 

the only things DeeBee heard at the ETC were things me and Scott might have told her, as far as I'm aware.

--------------------

BTW. from someone loosely connected to the RH camp, I heard the other day (before the album release) that RH seem to be in an info-lockdown - a not-normal thing, tho it might have been because of the album release.

However, with me having made that post above, it's occurring to me that it seems to be a rather similar info lockdown from both directions.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

why on earth would they hold back Faithless? i thought that may be the case before the lineup was announced, but they weren't on it. there's little sense in saving them as some big reveal - they'd be an underwhelming sub as it is

Only if they were a stand in and were working on someone bigger.

Thinking more about this and it's very, very promising that there is no info out there linking anyone to that sub headline slot. That makes me think it's either a foreign act, or it's Radiohead.

If it was a major British name other than Radiohead, I think it would have leaked out by now.

I also think it would have leaked if that slot was to be occupied by an act already announced (which is why I never bought in to the Disclosure theory).

So essentially, it's either AC/DC or Radiohead :P

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It's also not 1996 

Just an extra point as well:

IF Radiohead are subbing Adele, that is a MAJOR coup for the festival. It would essentially be a forth headliner. If that is the case, they would be desperate to keep the info a secret until they were ready to announce it. If you want to keep something a secret, the two parties being Radiohead and Glastonbury make that much more possible :P

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just an extra point as well:

IF Radiohead are subbing Adele, that is a MAJOR coup for the festival. It would essentially be a forth headliner. If that is the case, they would be desperate to keep the info a secret until they were ready to announce it. If you want to keep something a secret, the two parties being Radiohead and Glastonbury make that much more possible :P

... tho probably not if Michael is one of those keeping the secret. :P

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

... tho probably not if Michael is one of those keeping the secret. :P

In fairness he did flat out say they won't be there. So either he's been intentionally kept out the loop or he's actually fulfilling his end of the deal for once!

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

In fairness he did flat out say they won't be there. So either he's been intentionally kept out the loop or he's actually fulfilling his end of the deal for once!

There's been a few things over the years since Emily has been much more involved that's suggested to me she's kept Michael out of the loop to an extent, so i don't rule out the possibility that he just doesn't know.

I asked the guy for some extra info, seems to fit in with the Adele story..

"Oddly one of the sources told me they would likely be an Adele "special guest" but I don't know about that. Seems an odd place for them. Other than that, all I've been told is that they will be there somewhere.

Someone else (not one of the two sources) told me that there was a problem with Radiohead's secret set last time that could prevent them from doing it in the same way again. Does anyone know anything about this? Was it that it attracted too big a crowd? I dunno. This person could be wrong. If they're right though, the Adele claim might have more weight to it."

7 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

I asked the guy for some extra info, seems to fit in with the Adele story..

"Oddly one of the sources told me they would likely be an Adele "special guest" but I don't know about that. Seems an odd place for them. Other than that, all I've been told is that they will be there somewhere.

Someone else (not one of the two sources) told me that there was a problem with Radiohead's secret set last time that could prevent them from doing it in the same way again. Does anyone know anything about this? Was it that it attracted too big a crowd? I dunno. This person could be wrong. If they're right though, the Adele claim might have more weight to it."

obviously there's no way to tell whether this person is telling the truth or if their sources are any good, but there you have it - finally somebody explicitly placing Radiohead before Adele 

It's all looking very promising at the minute. 

So if this all comes true, what do you reckon they will be billed as?

• Special Guests TBA
  • Special Guests Radiohead
  • Special Guests Radiohead performing (something)
  • Special Guests Radiohead ft. (something, orchestra?)
  • Radiohead
  • Fourth Headliner Radiohead

And also, how long would their set be?

I'll go for Special Guests Radiohead and a set length of 90 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

obviously there's no way to tell whether this person is telling the truth or if their sources are any good, but there you have it - finally somebody explicitly placing Radiohead before Adele 

it's absolutely no different to the guesswork plenty of people have made in this thread over many months now.

From what's been posted here about those 'two sources' it sounds very much like what I've been hearing and saying.... so much so that I wouldn't be hugely surprised if one of those sources there is the same, or that one of the sources is what's been posted here.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

To be fair, JoBalls said she knew someone well connected that said Radiohead were subbing Adele a few pages back.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's all looking very promising at the minute. 

So if this all comes true, what do you reckon they will be billed as?

• Special Guests TBA
  • Special Guests Radiohead
  • Special Guests Radiohead performing (something)
  • Special Guests Radiohead ft. (something, orchestra?)
  • Radiohead
  • Fourth Headliner Radiohead

And also, how long would their set be?

I'll go for Special Guests Radiohead and a set length of 90 minutes. 

yeah Very Special Guests Radiohead or something similar is my guess, and 90 minutes is the dream - with regular subs last year getting an hour and fifteen you'd imagine they'd have to give an act like Radiohead more, even if it is just fifteen minutes

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

To be fair, JoBalls said she knew someone well connected that said Radiohead were subbing Adele a few pages back.

i either missed that or completely forgot about it... probably the latter. looking promising

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I wish there was some way of knowing if these sources are independent from each other. If we had 2+ unconnected sources claiming they were on before Adele, it would be time to crack open the champagne. 

16 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Adele ft. Thom and the lads doing a Skyfall/SPECTRE mash-up. 

Yes please! Although thinking about it, maybe not! Spectre on it's own would be so special!

Skyfall is the only Adele song I have heard and I do rate it as a Bond song. Love a good Bond song.

1 minute ago, sime said:

Yes please! Although thinking about it, maybe not! Spectre on it's own would be so special!

Skyfall is the only Adele song I have heard and I do rate it as a Bond song. Love a good Bond song.

:D