Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I bought my tickets through See and haven't had them yet. Going to give it until Friday then contact them.

Thanks Ser Jass, after see's info yesterday, the ticket finally arrived in the post at about 4.30! Phew. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was just posted on atease:

"So.... I have it on good authority that Radiohead are playing Glastonbury. From two sources who work in the music industry close with Radiohead's management. I realise that's not much to go on, but these people have been spot on with previous stuff they've told me (not Radiohead related)"

1 minute ago, Al2006 said:

"So.... I have it on good authority that Radiohead are playing Glastonbury. From two sources who work in the music industry close with Radiohead's management. I realise that's not much to go on, but these people have been spot on with previous stuff they've told me (not Radiohead related)"

Awaits @eFestivals to tell us he's been telling us the same thing for months now 

3 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

@eFestivals Neil to thread, I repeat, Neil to thread!

We need information, not conjecture! I'm a Gold Member! I DEMAND to know if RH ar playing Glastonbury 2016!!!

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
Stop pre-posting me and making me look slow, Mez x

i think i'm pretty much settled with the fact that Radiohead are definitely gonna be playing the festival. it's just a case of where, and right now i can only see it being before Adele. i just can't see them being squeezed in to some tiny venue somewhere (again). they've done the stripped down show (2010). they've done the tiny venue (2011). we need the full shebang!

31 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

We need information, not conjecture! I'm a Gold Member! I DEMAND to know if RH ar playing Glastonbury 2016!!!

Ben

Haha, I too NEED to know, even though I'm going to The Roundhouse next week too (NEXT WEEK!)

The main reason why I'm replying to your post is to ask how you become a Gold member? I've decided signing is up is long overdue, but I've had a look around and can't find the link! Can you remember?

7 minutes ago, alibear said:

Haha, I too NEED to know, even though I'm going to The Roundhouse next week too (NEXT WEEK!)

The main reason why I'm replying to your post is to ask how you become a Gold member? I've decided signing is up is long overdue, but I've had a look around and can't find the link! Can you remember?

In the 'SHOP' tab on the main eFesitvals homepage there is an option to purchase an 'Add-free subscription'. That's yer baby.

Ben

PS - I'm going to the Roundhouse too, and if RH end up subbing Adele and other likely scheduling occurs then I may even have to forego the mighty 'head at Glastonbury. I KNOW!!!

I go away for an hour meeting and it all kicks off!

On the face of it, it does sound exciting, but the source of evidence could well lead back to what Neil has already told us. If there was a way to know if this was new information, from a different source, then the party would begin.

I do feel as though it's happening now. The only question is whether or not they will play before Adele. That just seems so whacky.

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

In the 'SHOP' tab on the main eFesitvals homepage there is an option to purchase an 'Add-free subscription'. That's yer baby.

Ben

PS - I'm going to the Roundhouse too, and if RH end up subbing Adele and other likely scheduling occurs then I may even have to forego the mighty 'head at Glastonbury. I KNOW!!!

Sweet, done, thank you :-) 

I know... Difficult choice, for me it all depends on what else is happening. We were thinking of catching a bit of Adele (mainly out of intrigue and the fact that I wouldn't spend £100+ on going to one of her concerts), then heading off to the night areas early if there's nothing else we fancy seeing. Radiohead playing beforehand could cement this plan, clashes permitting, of course. 

The problem is, my husband doesn't actually like Radiohead live that much, he wanted to give them a go after watching them on TV headline Reading in 2009 (?), so I took him to The O2 a couple of years ago and he wasn't sold. Can't say I blame him really, that gig was very stop-start - pretty hard to get into.

He's giving them another chance next week as he does like their music but I think I might be pushing my luck at Glasto, especially if what follows isn't exactly to of either of our lists of must-sees!

Just now, alibear said:

Sweet, done, thank you :-) 

I know... Difficult choice, for me it all depends on what else is happening. We were thinking of catching a bit of Adele (mainly out of intrigue and the fact that I wouldn't spend £100+ on going to one of her concerts), then heading off to the night areas early if there's nothing else we fancy seeing. Radiohead playing beforehand could cement this plan, clashes permitting, of course. 

The problem is, my husband doesn't actually like Radiohead live that much, he wanted to give them a go after watching them on TV headline Reading in 2009 (?), so I took him to The O2 a couple of years ago and he wasn't sold. Can't say I blame him really, that gig was very stop-start - pretty hard to get into.

He's giving them another chance next week as he does like their music but I think I might be pushing my luck at Glasto, especially if what follows isn't exactly to of either of our lists of must-sees!

For me it's the conspicuous Floating Points likely West Holts sub spectre.

can't miss Sam and the boys as I think it will be one of my highlights, if not No.1. So the Roundhouse makes that much easier. Mind you, Radiohead at Glastonbury...eek!

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

can't miss Sam and the boys as I think it will be one of my highlights, if not No.1. So the Roundhouse makes that much easier. Mind you, Radiohead at Glastonbury...eek!

Ben

If Radiohead play anywhere other than the Pyramid stage, it could easily be missed if you're seeing them at the Roundhouse.

Radiohead on the Pyramid Stage is an entirely different beast altogether.

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

i honestly don't think Floating Points will be that high up, and as i've said, with M83 still seemingly without a place, i think they'll be subbing James Blake

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

all i can tell you is that every angle i go at trying to find out who is before Adele keeps coming up blank.

My impression is that whatever's happening there is being kept as the tightest secret by the festival, tho that might just be the result of not having asked the right question of the right person ... tho more normally, if someone knows they'll say they know even if they won't tell me what they know. I have the impression no one knows.

I read something earlier today (perhaps this thread, I forget) suggesting Tame Impala might be in that slot, but my impression is that it's something that people would consider more-special that just one of the bands that's standardly going around.

Which leaves more than just RH of course - the Roses instead, just perhaps - but big and special seems to be the deal.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

all i can tell you is that every angle i go at trying to find out who is before Adele keeps coming up blank.

My impression is that whatever's happening there is being kept as the tightest secret by the festival, tho that might just be the result of not having asked the right question of the right person ... tho more normally, if someone knows they'll say they know even if they won't tell me what they know. I have the impression no one knows.

I read something earlier today (perhaps this thread, I forget) suggesting Tame Impala might be in that slot, but my impression is that it's something that people would consider more-special that just one of the bands that's standardly going around.

Which leaves more than just RH of course - the Roses instead, just perhaps - but big and special seems to be the deal.

I can't see the Roses being humble enough to take that slot :P 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

It's official.

Essentially that's an announcement from GFL.

Glad that's sorted then.

Ben

21 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Therein lies the rub... It's like the stars aligning... for about the 5th time, but you catch my drift!

BTW, eFests, without ads - it's a whole new world!

you'd have to imagine that with multiple sources saying Radiohead are at the festival that if there is in fact a big secret sub for Adele, it's them, and not somebody like the Roses who there's been absolutely nothing about. surely something would've slipped out about them being at the festival by now if it was them. i'm sure somebody said that Tame Impala are elsewhere on the Saturday, although i can't find anything about that myself (down as 25th June - 2nd of July for Roskilde on songkick but that's about it). don't seem quite special/big enough for them to be a special secret sub though, mind 

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Of course, the other interesting aspect (aside from the RADIOHEAD aspect), is it means it's increasingly likely that Disclosure are indeed on Friday Other, which could mean LCD for Sunday. 

The dream will never die. 

Disclosure and LCD could easily switch days between Friday and Sunday so it's not quite a hole in one yet, especially as we've had info of both Disclosure and LCD taking that Friday spot, but fingers crossed! the fact that the Disclosure info has seemingly come directly from another band's mouth is promising

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Of course, the other interesting aspect (aside from the RADIOHEAD aspect), is it means it's increasingly likely that Disclosure are indeed on Friday Other, which could mean LCD for Sunday. 

The dream will never die. 

LCD on Sunday would be ideal. Get them away form the horrid clash-fest of a Friday.