Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Who knew that playing a stage before someone else means humiliating yourself or admitting that you're inferior.....

Is every other act that's not headlining having to swallow their pride?

I feel sorry for James. They've got the entire festival looking down their noses at them.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Who knew that playing a stage before someone else means humiliating yourself or admitting that you're inferior.....

Is every other act that's not headlining having to swallow their pride?

the sigh of relief Florence gave after finding out she'd no longer have to be seen as mere scum with people throwing tomatoes at her last year could be heard for miles 

what happens if RH don't announce the special guests before Adele thing, just turn up and play? Russy will have to wait until next years meet to do the Adele cheekstreak! If that happens I will take it upon myself to start the 'lets get Russy a ticket so the man has to streak with Adele's album between his cheeks at the efests meet' thread :P

Edited by mungo57

Back on topic based on today's new info;

@eFestivals, Neil, I remember in the run up to Adele's self confirmation you'd said a couple of times that you were being extra cautious this year, but based on previous years you probably had enough info for her to be TBC. With what you know so far with regards Radiohead, if this were any other year how close do you think you'd be from moving them from SR to TBC (bearing in mind TBC doesn't necessarily mean subbing Adele, it just means playing at some point over the weekend)?

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Back on topic based on today's new info;

@eFestivals, Neil, I remember in the run up to Adele's self confirmation you'd said a couple of times that you were being extra cautious this year, but based on previous years you probably had enough info for her to be TBC. With what you know so far with regards Radiohead, if this were any other year how close do you think you'd be from moving them from SR to TBC (bearing in mind TBC doesn't necessarily mean subbing Adele, it just means playing at some point over the weekend)?

Hmmm, difficult one.

For the biggest bands I'm always a bit more cautious anyway, because errors with them tend to get remembered.

With Adele I had oodles of info - including a piece right from the heart of things (which was why I'd started posting about "Adele soon" even before last year's fest) - with loads from every other direction (other media, etc) also saying Adele too ... but I didn't ever have a bit of info I had absolute trust in as being fully accurate, and there were good reasons to think Adele might not be up for it even tho the festival was clearly keen.

(of course, it was all accurate - but I often don't know where it's originated and what the exactly the info was it was taken from, and if the source tells me where from I often don't know for sure they're on the level, or if they've been fed bollocks, etc).

Would Adele have made TBC this year if I'd not made the Coldplay cock-up a year ago? I can't really be sure, but there's no certainty about it. There was certainly enough for me to be sure they were trying to get her, but that doesn't mean it happens.,

Radiohead are a band I'm less likely to get info about (some acts are harder than others, it's just how it is), and yet I've had great info in the past from the same source as started things this year - but that great info didn't make TBC in past years. precisely because it was an isolated piece of info with almost nothing to back it up.

This year because it's the same source I should, in theory, have full trust in it because the source is proven. Yet again, because it's a mostly-isolated bit of info, I'm having difficulty putting full faith in it.

Until pretty much today I've had nothing further that backs it, aside from something which was presented to me as 'gossip' (rather than "this is true"), that Radiohead had backed-out of doing R/L this year at the last minute. Other stuff does suggest that someone seemingly dropped out and they had to start the headliner process again quite late, but it's a long stretch to think with certainty it was RH.

I've also had stuff saying they're definitely not playing too - including from someone claiming strong links with their management.

The stuff that's come round today sounds too spookily similar to what's been said to me over the past months from my source (and which has been posted here) for me to think it's something different, and there's a reason why I might think it's the same info too ... tho of course it could be new info from a different place. I just don't know, and can't know.

I remain pretty confident they'll play - about 90% - but that's not enough for a TBC. I'm slightly hopeful at the mo that I might get some info to fill-in a few blanks in the next few days at some point, tho there's a less than 50% chance of that I guess.

PS: just because it feels like it's happening, I'll let you into a bit more info...

My RH source says he doesn't do rumours, he gives me solid info. He's said that this year and he's said it before. His record up til now says that's not boasting.

But, I think, this year there's been reasons for him to start to doubt himself, including from stuff I've said to him (other places having said it's not RH, basically).... but I know that more recently he's absolutely 100% believing they're playing at Glastonbury this year.

PPS: and if where I think he got his info is right, he's one the best informed people around on this nugget of info, I'd say.

Edited by eFestivals