Sub to be added?

Matt42

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't sell out? Odd how I couldn't get a ticket then but never mind, what about Delamere then? That not sold out? Many tickets available for Kendal on the Thursday to see em?...

Could also say what is it about southerners who still think Blur are still a thing...

Oh my.

What do people consider their 1 song these days? I've always assumed it's Sit Down but recently when I've been babbling about them to people I get 'I know them, they did that Laid song from American Pie'.

They didn't, Better Than Ezra covered it for the movie.

If you like sport, you'll have heard more James stuff then you realise, they often get used in montages.

What do people consider their 1 song these days? I've always assumed it's Sit Down but recently when I've been babbling about them to people I get 'I know them, they did that Laid song from American Pie'.

It's 100% Sit Down, would say alot of people who know laid don't know it's not them

Did someone say James were the same size as The Fall? That's nearly as laughable as saying could headline or sub headline, they couldn't but they're def much bigger than The Fall these days

Well, you're not gonna be convinced and I have to go now. I'm DJing at an indie-type night tonight. I'll make sure to drop loads of James if that's what all the kids are into.

Do you drop or do you mix?

As for James, they are an old act with a devoted and loyal following. You compare them to the likes of The Mondays and The Charlatans and James piss all over both in regards to crowd pulling power. Do they deserve to sub the UK's premier festival? Probably not. They would be more suited headlining one of the smaller stages.

But as a last minute call up then there are not many better. They are a fantastic live act who would really pull of a great set.

But imo it is about setting it up right for Flo. As much as I would like it to be James, I also want Flo to do well as I quite like her stuff. James playing all their best stuff is a hard act to follow. My own personal opinion is that they should bump Mary J Blige and stick The Charlatans in her place. But it seems that another band is going to be announced.

Again with the obsession from (mostly) Northern people over James!!

They will never play a high profile slot at Glastonbury again. It's just not a match.

If they accepted a slot third-down on The Park, like a similar sized band (The Fall) have, they'd probably get booked again..

Similar size to the Fall?

It's 100% Sit Down, would say alot of people who know laid don't know it's not them

Did someone say James were the same size as The Fall? That's nearly as laughable as saying could headline or sub headline, they couldn't but they're def much bigger than The Fall these days

I think that's someone being ironic...

Anyway as I've got a 18 year old step daughter I'm used to being told I know nothing by an expert on everything....

The Front Bottoms should be the most popular band on the planet and they're not so why help make them the most popular band on the planet and just give them sub slot so they're one step closer  :thumbsu:

Weirdly, my first thought when I saw the gap was "I wish Front Bottoms could play something like Glastonbury haha

James would nail it but no way will they get the chance. Will be seeing them at Kendal this year on the Thursday night. They sold separate Thursday night tickets and it's sold out.

Also saw them playing their tunes in Glasgow a few years back with a choir and orchestra, again sold out. Incredible night, Tim is a great front man.

One of our most underrated bands in my opinion. Were gonna miss them when their gone ;-)