Glastocam!

pauladam

4 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Having walked around the site when nothing is there is seems a lot smaller. 

but that’s maybe because your not stopping ever 50 foot to look at something. 

And stuck in the flow of people and stuck in the glue like mud  … oh happy memories 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

It continues to grate that the BBC are ignoring tweets about this. They must see them. Three years (nearly) and we’re missing the Pyramid getting dressed. Ugh. 

Is it the BBC's responsibility to actually look after the webcam, or does somebody local need to pop out & reset it? 🙂

Whilst I love the webcam footage as much as anyone, let's keep it in perspective... It's not like we're promised it as part of our ticket T&Cs or anything!

8 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Is it the BBC's responsibility to actually look after the webcam, or does somebody local need to pop out & reset it? 🙂

Whilst I love the webcam footage as much as anyone, let's keep it in perspective... It's not like we're promised it as part of our ticket T&Cs or anything!

I’m sure it’s a fairly simple task to sort though … hope it’s not part of budget cuts 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I’m sure it’s a fairly simple task to sort though … hope it’s not part of budget cuts 

Yeah, would be rubbish if that were the reason 🙁 

I always had it in my mind for some reason that the webcam was run on a "best endeavours" sort of basis by somebody on the farm and the BBC just used the stream. But I might have got that totally wrong.

Just now, jimmillen said:

Yeah, would be rubbish if that were the reason 🙁 

I always had it in my mind for some reason that the webcam was run on a "best endeavours" sort of basis by somebody on the farm and the BBC just used the stream. But I might have got that totally wrong.

I remember back in the day we used to get wickedfairy panoramas … they were stunning … maybe pre web cam though … possibly asked to stop doing them ? 

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Could be that. They know people would freak out if they saw it getting dressed and then coming down again. Rumours would be ridiculous that the festival is being cancelled.

Can’t see that happening, a big job putting it up, taking down then a few weeks later putting it up. Easy to check the covering without assembling it on the frame.  Anyway we have spies feeding us info and photos , switching off the camera won’t stop us finding out!  Could just be a technical problem with the camera. Irrespective of this I ain’t half missing it! 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think given this is the longest gap the festival hasn’t been on for, it makes sense to check the pyramid cover isn’t full of holes, so it makes sense to get it dressed early just in case. 

It could be a test before the live covering takes place on camera. 

Just think of it as a “Dress Rehearsal”

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

If it is the BBC they'd need to notice, flag with an engineer, get then out, find the problem, fix it. 

The closest staff are possibly Bristol but more likely London or even Salford. If anyone works for a large organisation you know how long anything 5skrd to get done.

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Can’t help but feel the lack of reply from the festival/Emily/BBC points towards it being off intentionally.

My guess is it will come back on when Arcadia have announced that the spider is coming back, revealing that the Pangea base has been removed. 

Along with Arcadia’s area line up poster, which will be very strong. 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:53 AM, Dukeicon said:

Hello @hfuhruhurr it seems that we are getting images every 5 mins now, until 18:05 and then they are every 15 mins - i.e. there are images at 17:55, 18:00, 18:05, 18:15, 18:25, etc. This has been since the webcam was switched back on - first image was 2022/03/09/14-30-00

Url doesn't now have a specific panodata number, it's just https://panodata.panomax.com also looks likes if you use that in place of the previous urls it takes you to the right numbered panodata.

i.e

https://panodata.panomax.com/cams/879/2019/06/30/13-50-00_default.jpg

takes you to

https://panodata12.panomax.com/cams/879/2019/06/30/13-50-00_default.jpg

Not sure if you wanted to update your website 🙂

Have awoken from slumber - is the webcam back up reliably or is it still playing up?

If it's back I'll update my site - been a while since I looked at this, so sorry for late reply.