Headliners 2016

thewayiam

53 minutes ago, rubenz said:

You still a bit on the fence on this one then?!:lol:

Ahahaha. Its just really dissapointing.

I know its unpopular, but i loved them in 2011 and really enjoyed that album MX (bar the POC debacle). 

Ghost stories had some dross but also carried a few tunes that had a bit of parachutes about them. It wasnt a complete write off.

This though. This is a monstrosity. Up and Up is a good song and its also as good as it gets. The second songs ok too. The rest??

Im sorry. Im out.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, T-Mouse said:

Ahahaha. Its just really dissapointing.

I know its unpopular, but i loved them in 2011 and really enjoyed that album MX (bar the POC debacle). 

Ghost stories had some dross but also carried a few tunes that had a bit of parachutes about them. It wasnt a complete write off.

This though. This is a monstrosity. Up and Up is a good song and its also as good as it gets. The second songs ok too. The rest??

Im sorry. Im out.

I just listened to the one with Beyonce but couldn't make it through the whole thing.

I should have just took your word for it rather than put my ears through that! 

Guns N' Roses classic line-up to 'headline two UK festivals in 2017'

Reunion rumours continue to circulate

2014GunsNRoses_Getty134155502210714.artiGetty
Damian Jones, 4th December 2015
The original Guns N' Roses line-up are reportedly set to play two UK festivals in two years' time.

Loaded claims that an insider source has said the original band line-up will headline the Isle Of Wight and Download festival in 2017.

It's believed that a comeback tour won’t happen for another two years to allow Rose and Slash complete all their existing commitments.

Rose apparently wants to play more gigs in 2016 to show some loyalty to his existing bandmates, who have toured under the Guns N’ Roses name ever since guitarist Slash and fellow original members Duff McKagan and Steven Adler left during the 1990s.

NMEDerek Bremner/NME

It is also thought that the band have ruled out any plans to headline Glastonbury with the source adding: "The simple truth is that Glastonbury doesn’t pay enough money to its headliners for GN’R to consider playing there. Also, Michael Eavis doesn’t have many hard rock acts at Glastonbury and everyone in the camp wants the comeback to be as hard and heavy as possible."

Rumours that Guns N' Roses will reunite in 2016 recently increased after the band began selling new merchandise that features the group’s original line-up.

Blankets and a hockey jersey emblazoned with the band's 'Appetite For Destruction' album cover were placed online. Cartoon versions of the five original band members as skeletons were also made available.

Slash and Axl Rose have previously feuded over the trademarks of the band's old logos in the past, suggesting that the pair have come to an agreement of some sort to sell the new merchandise.

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Blankets and a hockey jersey emblazoned with the band's 'Appetite For Destruction' album cover were placed online. 

-What would you like for Christmas, Granddad?

-Ooh! I tell you what would be nice, an Appetite For Destruction blanket, so I can keep my legs warm in the evenings. 

Fuck, I feel old! :( 

On 21/11/2015, 13:44:23, maelzoid said:
On 30/11/2015, 08:55:00, russycarps said:

I thought the festival would have learned from jay z and kanye that hip hop destroys glastonbury!

defecating on the microphone.

I'm not having that. Not having that at all. Destroys Glastonbury? Think about what you are saying. It destroys nothing. It makes the whole enterprise stronger.

Ri Ri has a massive Glastonbury sized hole in her UK tour dates. and I am one of many who would say Hell Yeah!

7 hours ago, defrio29 said:

2:20: "This is Jonny's bit".
Thom just played a couple new radiohead songs. 

IT' S COMING HOME LADS!!!

It's a change from King of limbs , would fit  in more with hail to the thief. Can't wait to hear the full version. 

Would be a nice Christmas present to have a new radiohead single 

4 hours ago, bamber said:

I'm not having that. Not having that at all. Destroys Glastonbury? Think about what you are saying. It destroys nothing. It makes the whole enterprise stronger.

Ri Ri has a massive Glastonbury sized hole in her UK tour dates. and I am one of many who would say Hell Yeah!

It was tongue in cheek.

However, I have now seen enough hip hop at Glastonbury to be able to make a qualified statement: it's shit.

31 minutes ago, morph100 said:

So third headliner (presuming Adele and Coldplay)

Muse 

rihanna

stone roses

fleetwood mac

radiohead

Bowie

daft punk

madonna

ac/dc 

out out of all those my worst would probably be Muse and they are most likely.

Out of all that and taking out the unrealistic (Bowie, Daft Punk, Radiohead) my pick would be Fleetwood Mac. Never seen them and already seeing Muse and the Roses next year.