Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, russycarps said:

He also labelled her as part of the "sea of cheese" that popular music has become. The singer said: "music has nosedived into f***ing blandness – a sea of cheese."

Imagine an actual sea of cheese though... Mmmmmmm....

2 minutes ago, TheSilence said:

What?! Are you a psychopath?!

Well, if you like cheese, and you like peas, you'll love cheesy peas :)

Anyway, must get thread back on track for fear of a Neil bollocking; not a scooby about headliners but live in hope that all this Coldplay, Adele nonsense is one big Glastonbury bluff and we get a new year wtf surprise :)

39 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Well, if you like cheese, and you like peas, you'll love cheesy peas :)

Anyway, must get thread back on track for fear of a Neil bollocking; not a scooby about headliners but live in hope that all this Coldplay, Adele nonsense is one big Glastonbury bluff and we get a new year wtf surprise :)

Bets on a "Easy P-Cheesy" veggie stall at Glasto '16?

27 minutes ago, oneeye said:

I must admit that Noel doesn't do himself any favours, he has morphed into a prize bellend over the years

Ben Elton syndrome.  All populist leftie talk on the way up, then matey with the establishment and the accountants once the money starts rolling in.  The difference is that Noel Gallagher can still make me laugh.

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Ben Elton syndrome.  All populist leftie talk on the way up, then matey with the establishment and the accountants once the money starts rolling in.  The difference is that Noel Gallagher  can still make me laugh.

His music has that affect nowadays :)

(or is it effect?)

The latter.  But you're not wrong.

To be honest though, while the sprout faced old fool might be a prize turnip these days (apologies, I have to get my 5 a day) he still comes out with the occasional really incisive, witty comment that just cracks me up.  Mostly he is just like anyone who has lots of money and has done too much coke and is in love with the sound of his own voice and talks utter bollocks, but for the cutting comment he is on par with Morissey.

12 hours ago, Spindles said:

Ben Elton syndrome.  All populist leftie talk on the way up, then matey with the establishment and the accountants once the money starts rolling in.  The difference is that Noel Gallagher can still make me laugh.

Yeah, WTF happened to Ben Elton? From alternative comedy, the young ones, blackadder to writing the most awful west end musicals.

When I hear his name it always recalls a cheeky bit of graffiti my friend saw on a poster in the tube for one such show tagged 'Directed by Ben Elton' under which some wag had daubed 'Ben Elton couldn't direct his own piss into a bucket'

according to today's Sun it's Foos, Muse, and Coldplay.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/6797416/Muse-join-Coldplay-and-Foo-Fighters-in-trio-of-rock-headliners-at-Glastonbury.html

What's odd is that there's absolutely no mention of Adele, yet we know she was in the frame a few weeks back from those words of Martin Elbourne.

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

How did they manage to fit so many ridiculous statements in such a short article?! Anyway, hopefully it's not true... Adele deserved her chance at least.

I suspect they've just heard Muse's name being floated around but are wedded to the idea that foos are definitely playing and so won't give them up, and they want to avoid referencing what they've previously published which would have them pointing out they'd previously been wrong.

I think they're probably wrong about Foos, but at the same time I'm still not confident enough to rule them out entirely.

Invasion of hip hop headliners?

How does Jay Z and Kanye count as a fucking invasion?

The scum are indeed c**ts.

Would much prefer Foos to Adele though so if that happens wicked. Was rather fucked off they cancelled Wembley and G last year. Plus my best mate will hate me and I will get bragging rights :D