Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here they are last year claiming The Libertines would be headlining, and that the festival would decide if they band headlined the pyramid or the other, that went well,  they also suggest it would be alongside 'favourites' to headline Fleetwood Mac

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/6122816/Libertines-for-Glastonbury-Festival.html

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Here they are last year claiming The Libertines would be headlining, and that the festival would decide if they band headlined the pyramid or the other, that went well,  they also suggest it would be alongside 'favourites' to headline Fleetwood Mac

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/6122816/Libertines-for-Glastonbury-Festival.html

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

hmmm those articles seem far less certain than this latest one.

Just now, russycarps said:

hmmm those articles seem far less certain than this latest one.

I've kept this one for that reason

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2060100/Neil-Young-and-Bruce-Springsteen-to-play-Glastonbury.html

i can't remember if they three were common knowledge by December, but this worrying nonetheless 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2060100/Neil-Young-and-Bruce-Springsteen-to-play-Glastonbury.html

i can't remember if they three were common knowledge by December, but this worrying nonetheless 

We definitely knew on here that it was gonna be Neil Young, Bruce and Blur by this time in 2008. However, there was a bit of a panic when Shakey was announced for the Isle of Wight as well...

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

it's all about the quality of the source, same as anyone who is trying to find out these things.

1 minute ago, UEF said:

I just don't think Glastonbury pay enough to have 3 bands of that tier on the bill. At least one will have to give.

Given Coldplay and Muse history with the festival, I don't think commanding a big fee to play would come into it anymore, and Foos were playing last year so there's no problems there 

It is distinctly possibly they could be right, but it's also equally as believable they could be wrong

Either way, unless there's a rabbit in the hat somewhere, I've became uninterested with the prospect of pyramid headliners for 2016

Well personally I'd be delighted if the Foos were playing the friday, as would the rest of my group, so i actually hope this is true. Muse I've seen too many times before and Coldplay, I've seen once (surprisingly ok) so I don't need to repeat the experience. So I'd get one Pyramid headliner to watch and a chance to explore on the other two nights.

5 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

So its the battle between the tory rag showbiz editors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3298553/Rolling-mud-Adele-make-remarkable-comeback-headlining-135-000-fans-Glastonbury.html

Who has the best insider info!

my penny would be on the scum!

I see martin has been posting in the comments again....

ellen destroyed this phony forever. her record is still not even in the top 20 in america. she is not a 'star'. her only audience is fat old ladies, which is why she has no money compared to miley or taylor, real stars

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

just read the article. They do seem worryingly confident. Do they normally produce articles like this and end up being wrong? Surely you wouldnt hang your balls out there like that unless you were 99% certain.

History has shown that inaccurate reporting of the news has not affected the Sun's circulation and therefore willingness to do it in the future, so I doubt they' care about getting Glastonbury headliners wrong. As this very discussion has shown people will click the link whether they trust the source or not, and that's what matters.

Edited by mrtourette

8 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

So its the battle between the tory rag showbiz editors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3298553/Rolling-mud-Adele-make-remarkable-comeback-headlining-135-000-fans-Glastonbury.html

Who has the best insider info!

my penny would be on the scum!

Glastonbury booker Martin Elbourne has the best info - and he says they were (might have ended now) talking to Adele about headlining.

So we know the Mail was right with that part.

Then again, I knew nearly a year ago they were right with that part.

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Glastonbury booker Martin Elbourne has the best info - and he says they were (might have ended now) talking to Adele about headlining.

So we know the Mail was right with that part.

Then again, I knew nearly a year ago they were right with that part.

Am I wrong or where we supposedly having new two headliners ?

And do we think if this it right the Stone Roses would accept Other Stage or not play at all ?

9 minutes ago, ivan said:

And do we think if this it right the Stone Roses would accept Other Stage or not play at all ?

that was said by Michael, so is very easy to cast aside as bullshit. and if the Stone Roses are playing, it'll be headlining the Pyramid, but that doesn't seem at all likely for next year. none of the tabloids/anywhere are reporting them as a headliner (which you'd think everybody would jump on as soon as they announced more shows, especially ones so close to Glastonbury)

11 minutes ago, ivan said:

If that's from a Michael quote there's a good chance it's wrong.

11 minutes ago, ivan said:

The Roses won't be doing Glastonbury. They'll be doing big-paying shows.

14 minutes ago, ivan said:

The Stone Roses wouldn't play the other stage, far far far far far too big for that, and they are after the dollar

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If that's from a Michael quote there's a good chance it's wrong.

The Roses won't be doing Glastonbury. They'll be doing big-paying shows.

When any band announces shows around that time of year it is going to look as though a Glastonbury appearance is on the cards