Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yes, but Rihanna is shit live.

granted, that video above is mildly better than some of the other videos posted previously which were atrocious, but it's still shit.

Maybe it's you who is shit at Rihanna live. There's a minimum tequila requirement.

A man in the pub (in Bolton) tonight told me he was from Somerset. He said Rod Stewart was his hero, and he had 'inside info' that he was playing Glastonbury this year - then he started asking me if I could get him in, and then offered to buy my ticket for £500.

Didn't get any further because he suddenly bought a round of drinks for a group of non-existent people and wandered out the door. Didn't see him again.

16 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

A man in the pub (in Bolton) tonight told me he was from Somerset. He said Rod Stewart was his hero, and he had 'inside info' that he was playing Glastonbury this year - then he started asking me if I could get him in, and then offered to buy my ticket for £500.

Didn't get any further because he suddenly bought a round of drinks for a group of non-existent people and wandered out the door. Didn't see him again.

that's all the evidence i need.  off to the bookies with me!

53 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

I wonder what Mike99 was doing in Bolton...

12 minutes ago, mrf said:

I hate Nuno Bettencourt - the much younger version of me had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge crush on Martika and he just swooped in and stole her from me just before I could introduce myself....

If you ever had chance, best bet would be to encourage her into her kitchen.

On 12/12/2015 at 0:11 AM, Alan_C said:

I will slightly defend Noel on the Hot Chop comment, in that I don't think he was really saying anything negative about them, other than in 20 years they wouldn't have made a massive impact for a lot of people to care. Slightly exaggerated but he's right (a point that he shouldn't have made). I would guess he probably does like them although I could be wrong. I love Noel but he has pissed me off quite a lot since Oasis finished. I'm firmly on Liam's side in the stupid jibe game, and I think Noel is throwing digs in at artists he should be supporting if anything. The comment about Tim Burgess not long ago pissed me off. Why on earth he made that I don't know. Tim comes across as a top man and he is in the same field as Noel. All this while he is licking Bono and Chris Martin's arse. Think what you want about Liam, but at least he says what he thinks, without any agenda behind it.

What did he say about Tim Burgess? He's probably upset Tim is friends with Liam.

Edited by eastynh

On 12/12/2015 at 0:11 AM, Alan_C said:

I will slightly defend Noel on the Hot Chop comment, in that I don't think he was really saying anything negative about them, other than in 20 years they wouldn't have made a massive impact for a lot of people to care. Slightly exaggerated but he's right (a point that he shouldn't have made). I would guess he probably does like them although I could be wrong. I love Noel but he has pissed me off quite a lot since Oasis finished. I'm firmly on Liam's side in the stupid jibe game, and I think Noel is throwing digs in at artists he should be supporting if anything. The comment about Tim Burgess not long ago pissed me off. Why on earth he made that I don't know. Tim comes across as a top man and he is in the same field as Noel. All this while he is licking Bono and Chris Martin's arse. Think what you want about Liam, but at least he says what he thinks, without any agenda behind it.

What did he say about Tim Burgess? He's probably upset Tim is friends with Liam.

Edited by eastynh

On 12/12/2015 at 0:43 AM, dentalplan said:

Noel's publicly praised Radiohead at least a dozen times before, calling them "fucking amazing" and comparing their importance to The Beatles and Oasis. If that's the way you feel then fair enough but if you think Noel is a voice speaking out against Radiohead then you've got it all wrong; I think he just chooses to take pot-shots at whoever comes into his head - probably whatever artist he listened to on his way over to the interview. :lol:

Noel may be inconsistent with his comments in regards to Radiohead but I generally agree with the last one he made. Radiohead just leave me cold and it has no soul imo. I find them similar to Joy Division in a way. No pun intended here but the songs in isolation can be fine. It is when I listen to them over an extended period (this applies to JD as well) then it does not make me happy in any way what so ever. In respect to Ian Curtis, the poor sod was ill and meant every word he sang. Radiohead have no such excuse for being so cold and lifeless. I appreciate they are fantastic musicians but to paraphrase Mozza 'It says nothing to me about my life'

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Noel may be inconsistent with his comments in regards to Radiohead but I generally agree with the last one he made. Radiohead just leave me cold and it has no soul imo. I find them similar to Joy Division in a way. No pun intended here but the songs in isolation can be fine. It is when I listen to them over an extended period (this applies to JD as well) then it does not make me happy in any way what so ever. In respect to Ian Curtis, the poor sod was ill and meant every word he sang. Radiohead have no such excuse for being so cold and lifeless. I appreciate they are fantastic musicians but to paraphrase Mozza 'It says nothing to me about my life'

Not everyones lives are full of cigarettes, alcohol and have Messers Soft, Clean & Ben living in our lofts, Easty.

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Not everyones lives are full of cigarettes, alcohol and have Messers Soft, Clean & Ben living in our lofts, Easty.

That is perfectly fine mate and I appreciate we all listen to music for different reasons.

Generally I am not full of cigarettes and alcohol. There is quite a lot of heavy and dark music I listen to. The likes of The Smiths, Depeche Mode and Puressence can be extremely dark and the subject matter very heavy, yet they retain a warmth and hope that I do not find in Radioheads music.

I find Radiohead very similar to Joy Division in regards to the feelings they leave me with after I have listened to them. There is no way I could watch either band live which is kind of funny considering I love New Order and enjoy the few JD numbers they do live. It is the reason that I do not go and watch Peter Hook when he does the JD back catalogue.

I like music that will either make me dance,  or cheer me up and put a smile on my face. Life can be sad and hard enough at times as it is so I really don't want to be left cold by music.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

That is perfectly fine mate and I appreciate we all listen to music for different reasons.

Generally I am not full of cigarettes and alcohol. There is quite a lot of heavy and dark music I listen to. The likes of The Smiths, Depeche Mode and Puressence can be extremely dark and the subject matter very heavy, yet they retain a warmth and hope that I do not find in Radioheads music.

I find Radiohead very similar to Joy Division in regards to the feelings they leave me with after I have listened to them. There is no way I could watch either band live which is kind of funny considering I love New Order and enjoy the few JD numbers they do live. It is the reason that I do not go and watch Peter Hook when he does the JD back catalogue.

I like music that will either make me dance,  or cheer me up and put a smile on my face. Life can be sad and hard enough at times as it is so I really don't want to be left cold by music.

*ticks puressence off the manc bands bingo card*