Headliners 2016

thewayiam

i can't see one of the headliners being Foos, especially after their 'we're going away for a long time' thing. i know they've said similar before and then come back pretty soon after, but them saying that along with seemingly not being rebooked for at least one of their cancelled festival dates from this year definitely points to them not being around. shame, as out of those four proposed headliners, they're definitely the only one that would get me in any way excited, but i think Muse, Adele, Coldplay is the more likely outcome. two shitrags reporting Muse now... it's happening, isn't it? :(

Edited by FloorFiller

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I see martin has been posting in the comments again....

ellen destroyed this phony forever. her record is still not even in the top 20 in america. she is not a 'star'. her only audience is fat old ladies, which is why she has no money compared to miley or taylor, real stars

This one speaks volumes about almost too many different subjects to mention!

CLOSETHEBORDER, New Syria.....UK

HER AND CHERYL ARE THE BEST ARTIST TO COME OUT OF BRITIAIN

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i can't see one of the headliners being Foos, especially after their 'we're going away for a long time' thing. i know they've said similar before and then come back pretty soon after, but them saying that along with seemingly not being rebooked for at least one of their cancelled festival dates from this year definitely points to them not being around. shame, as out of those four proposed headliners, they're definitely the only one that would get me in any way excited, but i think Muse, Adele, Coldplay is the more likely outcome. two shitrags reporting Muse now... it's happening, isn't it? :(

Yep. Time to strap in, huddle down and have a read through that Protect & Survive pamphlet from the 1980s.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they could, but if they're coming over to play the show they cancelled this year with Glasto, ir seems odd that they won't be doing Pinkpop or Pukklepop (I forget which of those it was) that they also had to cancel

It's Pinkpop and it's been said that if they were doing Bonnaroo next year then Pinkpop would be a no go.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Here they are last year claiming The Libertines would be headlining, and that the festival would decide if they band headlined the pyramid or the other, that went well,  they also suggest it would be alongside 'favourites' to headline Fleetwood Mac

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/6122816/Libertines-for-Glastonbury-Festival.html

Tbf if it wasn't for IOW's more money they may have. 

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's Pinkpop and it's been said that if they were doing Bonnaroo next year then Pinkpop would be a no go.

whichever festival it was made a tweet a couple of months or so ago saying they wouldn't be having the foos in 2016.

If foos aren't playing that cancelled show, it seems odd that they'd still be doing the Glasto cancelled show.

Edited by eFestivals

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

whichever festival it was made a tweet a couple of months or so ago saying they wouldn't be having the foos in 2016.

If foos aren't playing that cancelled show, it seems odd that they'd still be doing the Glasto cancelled show.

i think his point was that if they were already booked for Bonnaroo for 2016 then they couldn't also do Pinkpop (similar to if an act was booked for Reading/Leeds they wouldn't be playing Glastonbury that same year), so if that was the case, they could be doing Bonnaroo and then some of the other cancelled festivals from this year (possibly fulfilling their Pinkpop commitments in 2017 or later).* not sure how likely that would be though and i still don't think they'll be there

*at least that's what i thought he meant - i may be way off

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, mrtourette said:

History has shown that inaccurate reporting of the news has not affected the Sun's circulation and therefore willingness to do it in the future, so I doubt they' care about getting Glastonbury headliners wrong. As this very discussion has shown people will click the link whether they trust the source or not, and that's what matters.

But also, they seem pretty up on Glastonbury over the years (even reporting U2 before they were even rumoured, and then it was announced the next day), and getting The Who/Weller thing despite it seeming way off with them both having other shows. Somehow they seem to get information, but obviously one bit of this is wrong (could it be Foos signed for 2017, wires getting crossed with sources etc?)

Is it possible that those three headliners could be right and Adele could be the Sunday afternoon (now seemingly 4th headliner) slot?? I reckon she would suit that slot nicely and didn't Emily mention something about the Sunday slot being a massive pull for the festival?
 Or do you think Adele is way to big and if she plays it will be headliner or nothing?

Just now, glastouser said:

Is it possible that those three headliners could be right and Adele could be the Sunday afternoon (now seemingly 4th headliner) slot?? I reckon she would suit that slot nicely and didn't Emily mention something about the Sunday slot being a massive pull for the festival?
 Or do you think Adele is way to big and if she plays it will be headliner or nothing?

if Adele plays it's as a headliner or nothing - she's the biggest act in the world right now. having her anywhere else but as headliner would be ludicrous 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Because it's gone back and fourth with thinking the headliners were Foos-Adele-Coldplay then Muse-Adele-Coldplay and now Foos again. Could Foos have said no, not touring in 2016 anymore. But since the cancelled shows in Barcelona/Paris they've had a change of heart and now decided they will come back and play all the shows they have cancelled. Barcelona/Paris/Glasto/RW/Pinkpop would be enough to come back for with a few more shows added in, like a stadium in the UK maybe (Both PP and RW still have a headlining slot to fill which was believed to be Pearl Jam but since the Paris bombings they have cancelled. Of course this is all just rumours but it's just a suggestion)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

i think his point was that if they were already booked for Bonnaroo for 2016 then they couldn't also do Pinkpop (similar to if an act was booked for Reading/Leeds they wouldn't be playing Glastonbury that same year), so if that was the case, they could be doing Bonnaroo and then some of the other cancelled festivals from this year (possibly fulfilling their Pinkpop commitments in 2017 or later).* not sure how likely that would be though and i still don't think they'll be there

*at least that's what i thought he meant - i may be way off

You're correct yes. If Bonnaroo had them booked already and being a mid June fest it's very possible then it would cancel out Pinkpop being virtually the same weekend but they would then be free around the 18th June or something.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

if Adele plays it's as a headliner or nothing - she's the biggest act in the world right now. having her anywhere else but as headliner would be ludicrous 

and dangerous too. at least at night there's competition on other stages.

at 4pm on Sunday there wouldn't be as much competition so the place would be utterly rammed.

I have the feeling that 2016 will be my last festival. 2 of my closest friends (and glasto camp mates) are getting married. They are trying for a baby after the festival / honeymoon etc. 

Another campmate is going around the world in 2017. I at what would be 33 in 2017 am thinking of doing other things / another festival or taking a trip of my own somewhere.

So, I'd love a Pyramid headliner to watch. Regardless of the "it isn't about the headliners" comments (something which is undeniably true)  -  I want to see 1 more. Over the 5 festivals I have been to I have seen: Neil Young, Gorillaz (unfortunately), Stevie Wonder, U2, (2013 TDay fail), Arcade Fire, Metallica and Kasabian. So 7 out of 15 as I didn't see any in 2015.

The prospects are bleak as I have no desire to watch Coldplay at all. Been there, done Muse. Adele doesn't appeal for 2 hours and the Foo Fighters bore me.

Come on Eavii, pull something out of the bag!