Headliners 2016

thewayiam

17 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Still though, 95% of this country think Noel is an innocent messiah, while Liam is an absolute nasty yob. It baffles me in some ways, in other ways though its a bit obvious why. Noel knows what he's doing.

i'd sooner wager 95% of the country don't really care one way or the other.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I guess Thom Yorke could 'shit into a light bulb' and get good reviews but Noel Gallagher's opinion on that lightbulb would get an article in every publication there is. Baffling that he still gets that kind of attention despite being so long since he did anything remotely relevant.

That is true. I still like his output, it's not a patch on his best obviously. I have found interesting is Andy Bell, Amorphous Androgynous, and Death In Vegas have all said that Noel can be brilliant when he actually challenges himself to try something a bit different. I think his best solo song is The Right Stuff. I think its fucking brilliant. But you can go through some of the later Oasis stuff and he always went for the safe option when choosing album tracks. Gas Panic! is a brilliant tune, that is one where he went slight 'out there' for his standards.

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i'd sooner wager 95% of the country don't really care one way or the other.

95% of the country who have an opinion on such matters. I'm sure 99% of the country don't give a toss about the stuff we drivel on about on here day in day out.

32 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am in the Noel Gallagher camp when it comes to Radiohead.

Noel's publicly praised Radiohead at least a dozen times before, calling them "fucking amazing" and comparing their importance to The Beatles and Oasis. If that's the way you feel then fair enough but if you think Noel is a voice speaking out against Radiohead then you've got it all wrong; I think he just chooses to take pot-shots at whoever comes into his head - probably whatever artist he listened to on his way over to the interview. :lol:

I was even a bit miffed about Noel's latest comments about Stone Roses. When asked if he was going to see them in Manchester he said no because he's already seen them a few times last time around but he would if they made a new album. Fair enough maybe, but this is the man who says he will be holding out for the pay cheques if Oasis get back together. That read like a slight dig to me against people who are his mates. It might not have been one, but still.

Edited by Alan_C

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Noel's publicly praised Radiohead at least a dozen times before, calling them "fucking amazing" and comparing their importance to The Beatles and Oasis. If that's the way you feel then fair enough but if you think Noel is a voice speaking out against Radiohead then you've got it all wrong; I think he just chooses to take pot-shots at whoever comes into his head - probably whatever artist he listened to on his way over to the interview. :lol:

That's hilarious actually. Changes his mind based on what'll get more attention. Found his claim that Radiohead have 'been making the same record since Kid A' particularly hilarious considering who it's coming from.

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I was even a bit miffed about Noel's latest comments about Stone Roses. When asked if he was going to see them in Manchester he said no because he's already seen them a few times last time around but he would if they made some a new album. Fair enough maybe, but this is the man who says he will be holding out for the pay cheques if Oasis get back together. That read like a slight dig to me against people who are his mates. It might not have been one, but still.

And, my god, same interview where he praises Radiohead he's got this to say.

'There's bands that say, "We don't want to get back together. We'd have to make a new record." Why? Fuck a new record. No one gives a shit about your new record. Play the fucking old ones. The Led Zeppelin guys are like, "There will have to be a new record." Really? Yeah, because that would be fucking great, wouldn't it? Play fucking "Whole Lotta Love." Get over it.'

What a mess. But really, stop giving this guy attention, that's all he wants and he'll say anything to get it.

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

That's hilarious actually. Changes his mind based on what'll get more attention. Found his claim that Radiohead have 'been making the same record since Kid A' particularly hilarious considering who it's coming from.

Even then, the full quote of that:

"The biggest criticism that the music press have against us is that we're not Radiohead, Correct me if I'm wrong, they've been making the same record since 'Kid A', have they not? I like them. Every time I see them live they blow me away, but you know, it's kind of we make very accessible rock and roll music and they constantly make difficult electronic records."

7 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

And, my god, same interview where he praises Radiohead he's got this to say.

'There's bands that say, "We don't want to get back together. We'd have to make a new record." Why? Fuck a new record. No one gives a shit about your new record. Play the fucking old ones. The Led Zeppelin guys are like, "There will have to be a new record." Really? Yeah, because that would be fucking great, wouldn't it? Play fucking "Whole Lotta Love." Get over it.'

What a mess. But really, stop giving this guy attention, that's all he wants and he'll say anything to get it.

hahahahahha. He frustrates me. Wrote so many songs I love but I wish he'd stop saying stupid contradicting things.

Edited by Alan_C

2 minutes ago, willutalk said:

This Noel Roses fiasco seems a bit like Anakin and Obi Wan in The Revenge of the Sith.

The 'mentor' is being betrayed by the 'mentored'. But will the Roses chop of Noel's legs and end in victory? 

I think its probably just came out wrong. He's good mates with the band and he always says they're on of his favourite bands ever. He's full of shit anyway, there's no way he's not going to see them in his own teams stadium.

5 minutes ago, willutalk said:

This Noel Roses fiasco seems a bit like Anakin and Obi Wan in The Revenge of the Sith.

The 'mentor' is being betrayed by the 'mentored'. But will the Roses chop of Noel's legs and end in victory? 

For the love of God do not bring up the Star Wars prequels in this thread again. I will go on a rampage, Neil will ban me.

13 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I think its probably just came out wrong. He's good mates with the band and he always says they're on of his favourite bands ever. He's full of shit anyway, there's no way he's not going to see them in his own teams stadium.

I got the impression that the Stone Roses were a direct influence on the formation of Oasis and the absence of a 3rd Stone Roses album meant that Oasis swooped in to grab the Manchester vibes and fans and just a generally large appeal. I wasn't around during the time so I could be wrong.

I do therefore see a good bit of your point of view. It probably just came out slightly too negative to be ignored and that he didn't really mean what he said. Surely he can't show disrespect to such a key band in his music career.

9 minutes ago, willutalk said:

I got the impression that the Stone Roses were a direct influence on the formation of Oasis and the absence of a 3rd Stone Roses album meant that Oasis swooped in to grab the Manchester vibes and fans and just a generally large appeal. I wasn't around during the time so I could be wrong.

I do therefore see a good bit of your point of view. It probably just came out slightly too negative to be ignored and that he didn't really mean what he said. Surely he can't show disrespect to such a key band in his music career.

He's said many times that if Stone Roses never existed then Oasis wouldn't have, and he still says now their debut is one of the best ever. He's just letting his mouth run without thinking. He's still good mates with the band and obviously knew more than the rest of us a few weeks ago with his "they're blooming" comment on Soccer AM. But he is lying. There is no way he isn't going to see them play at his own teams stadium in his home town. 

Edited by Alan_C

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Even then, the full quote of that:

"The biggest criticism that the music press have against us is that we're not Radiohead, Correct me if I'm wrong, they've been making the same record since 'Kid A', have they not? I like them. Every time I see them live they blow me away, but you know, it's kind of we make very accessible rock and roll music and they constantly make difficult electronic records."

I'm a fan of both of them but for all their innovation I think Radiohead are just as guilty of plagiarism as Noel on occasion. If he ripped off a Beatles song the same they ripped Roygbiv for All I Need he'd be crucified.

Please don't post links to the Sun and the Mail. Please don't click links to the Sun and the Mail. Even when they might be right about headliners, we must not enter into dialogue or any kind of speculation with them. Never read one word they say. Never, Never.

It is for the best.

Un-tipped by the gutter press, as far as I know. The.biggest draw in the world and the rightful headliner for Glastonbury 2016.

3 hours ago, bamber said:

Please don't post links to the Sun and the Mail. Please don't click links to the Sun and the Mail. Even when they might be right about headliners, we must not enter into dialogue or any kind of speculation with them. Never read one word they say. Never, Never.

It is for the best.

Un-tipped by the gutter press, as far as I know. The.biggest draw in the world and the rightful headliner for Glastonbury 2016.

If she plays, she needs to play Saturday. I have a money on her @ 40/1

Coldplay

Muse

Foo Fighters

Last night I dreamt I was back at V Festival in the early 2000's

I suppose if we do get 2 or 3 of them then we will not see em back in Somerset ever again and then we have some new headliners , although with Glastonbury wanting to please the BBC and get good viewing  figures I doubt it.

5 hours ago, bamber said:

It is for the best.

A post that started so well, then took a nosedive :)

49 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

so despite rhianna having a glastonbury sized gap in her tour schedule, im happy to see there are no solid rumours of her playing??

Well, if I understand your question, TiZuff; no, you are not happy. Rihanna is wonderful, and compared to the shower of apoths we're looking at, she may as well be Neil sodding Young.