Headliners 2016

thewayiam

On 11 December 2015 at 3:15 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

and dangerous too. at least at night there's competition on other stages.

at 4pm on Sunday there wouldn't be as much competition so the place would be utterly rammed.

I think it's time that they put someone big on the other stage when the Sunday afternoon legend slot is on to split the crowd.

The crowd has been ridiculously huge the last couple of years.

(though it was great wondering around the site when Lionel Ritchie was on last year, plenty of room everywhere)

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

The whole stage fright thing is an act anyway, she'll do some more interviews in the lead up to her headline slot about how scared she is, building a triumphant narrative when she eventually goes on and does it as expected. It's all very calculated. It's not really a matter of stage fright why they wouldn't put her on during the afternoon, it's just basic crowd control.

I know you don't mean anything bad by it but I would think it kind of insensitive to write a person's anxiety off as if it's driven by an ulterior motive. Besides, it's clearly not an act because as she's spoke about it for years I don't think any artist would be prepared to throw away so much money not playing suitably sized gigs for all that time just to create a bit of build up for a festival slot. If she does play then it's as a result of overcoming crippling stage fright rather than fooling everyone for long enough.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

She's scared of big crowds, not the dark!

Heh.

Maybe she IS scared of the dark and the big crowds thing is all an excuse!

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

That was the pinnacle of last/this year 

Ahhhh, Photoshopped Betting Slip-Gate! Heady Dayz.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know you don't mean anything bad by it but I would think it kind of insensitive to write a person's anxiety off as if it's driven by an ulterior motive. Besides, it's clearly not an act because as she's spoke about it for years I don't think any artist would be prepared to throw away so much money not playing suitably sized gigs for all that time just to create a bit of build up for a festival slot. If she does play then it's as a result of overcoming crippling stage fright rather than fooling everyone for long enough.

Kate Bush partially being an example. Joni Mitchell, maybe, too IIRC.

52 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Chris Martin on the x factor just declared himself to be in the Reggie and Bollie camp so fingers crossed for a special guest apperance

Reggie and Bollie were better live than Coldplay mind.

Even by X-Factor standards Reggie and Bollie and shocking, although that Louisa is better than their average shitmuncher, she's still no Leona though.

23 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Even by X-Factor standards Reggie and Bollie and shocking, although that Louisa is better than their average shitmuncher, she's still no Leona though.

How could you  not enjoy R and B turning that tired old Bob Dylan tune into a party anthem?!

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm clearly just an old giffer like yer man Noel Gallagher, time for me to be put out to pasture in Q magazine.

It was fucking dreadful, but amazingly not the worst thing on TV tonight as earlier someone did a dance on Strictly to a Pitbull song,

Coldplay and Adele on X Factor though so two potential pyramid headliners,

10 minutes ago, rubenz said:

It was fucking dreadful, but amazingly not the worst thing on TV tonight as earlier someone did a dance on Strictly to a Pitbull song,

Coldplay and Adele on X Factor though so two potential pyramid headliners,

Oh I actually watch Strictly as opposed to just happened to catch a few minutes like I did with the X-Factor*, and the first thing that popped into my head when I heard Pitbull (or whoever's covering it) was this

Can't believe they kicked Anita and Gleb off. Bruno, how could you!?

*By which I mean I specifically turned it on to see 1D.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Oh I actually watch Strictly as opposed to just happened to catch a few minutes like I did with the X-Factor*, and the first thing that popped into my head when I heard Pitbull (or whoever's covering it) was this

Can't believe they kicked Anita and Gleb off. Bruno, how could you!?

*By which I mean I specifically turned it on to see 1D.

Anton has to win, that's why, silly

I can't wait until Strictly eats itself and Anton becomes the celebrity dancer - he's arguably more famous than half his partners anyway.

And to keep this on topic, I would happily see Anton do a headline set. It would be like Bruce Forsyth's set, but actually good and with less shitty singing.