Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Platt073 said:

If it's in the Sun it must be true!

For what it's worth, The Sun are shit with just about evrything except this sort of thing.

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

If they get this right then they definitely have a good source connected to the festival, after last year's news with The Who and Weller.

Yeah, they can't just magic them two out of thin air especially as playing elsewhere gives you nothing to go on and they got U2 before anyone else and were spot on.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

the who/weller info didn't come from the fest. I know exactly where they got that, cos i got it from the same place within a few hours of them publishing.

Not a source that could give them news about this year reported headliners? They have been claiming Foo's for a while now. I'm not one to believe that paper like, but maybe they did have Foo's and Coldplay signed, and they've not got Muse after giving up on Adele?

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the who/weller info didn't come from the fest. I know exactly where they got that, cos i got it from the same place within a few hours of them publishing.

That does prove though they do get good info on this stuff to a certain extent. Maybe and I'm not going to think defo on anything, that possibly Adele has decided against it and 100k easily is just too much?, 20k at the o2 is much smaller afterall. Could Foo's do it so they are free to play Reading with a next album?

4 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Not a source that could give them news about this year reported headliners? They have been claiming Foo's for a while now. I'm not one to believe that paper like, but maybe they did have Foo's and Coldplay signed, and they've not got Muse after giving up on Adele?

The same source couldn't give them next years, nope.

I don't rule out the possibility that they've got this correct, but it seems more likely to me that they won't give up on some info they heard about Foos quite a long while ago and things have changed since.

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm still not buying that Foo Fighters are playing anywhere next summer, so I'm calling bullshit.

there's stuff that strongly suggests Foos won't be in Europe in early summer, tho there's less to indicate what they might be doing late summer.

From where i'm sat it appears more likely that Foos will be doing R/L next summer than they will Glasto, but that's the result of applying stuff unrelated to Glasto back towards Glasto (so I'm accepting it's not impossible they'll do Glasto).

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The same source couldn't give them next years, nope.

I don't rule out the possibility that they've got this correct, but it seems more likely to me that they won't give up on some info they heard about Foos quite a long while ago and things have changed since.

Interesting. Very strange that Adele isn't mentioned. They couldn't have missed them quotes a couple of weeks ago surely, but you would think they would at least reference them to rule her out.

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

For what it's worth, The Sun are shit with just about evrything except this sort of thing.

Yeah, they can't just magic them two out of thin air especially as playing elsewhere gives you nothing to go on and they got U2 before anyone else and were spot on.

I known they didn't magic Who/Weller out of the air, but that's a different thing to always being able to access good info.

They're in much the same position as me. Sometimes they can get specific info that they know is absolutely correct and mostly they can't.

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Interesting. Very strange that Adele isn't mentioned. They couldn't have missed them quotes a couple of weeks ago surely, but you would think they would at least reference them to rule her out.

It does seem a bit odd.

But they publish stuff saying "this is right, believe us" and so if they later publish something different that they're also saying "this is right, believe us" it becomes difficult to reference what they previously said without throwing doubts on their new claims.

It's much the same from where I'm sat tho I make a point of saying that I can't give guarantees on what I'm saying.

What fresh hell is this on a Friday morning.

Ok. If the Sun are right I'm gonna reassert my theory from a couple of weeks ago that Adele is the 'fourth headliner' playing the tea time slot, that EE alluded to.

Shorter set than a headliner set, so less worry for her about the pacing of her mostly slow songs over 1hr 45mins, etc, etc. Reckon she'd prefer that.

On the whole, that's all pretty dull to me but not bad for the festival.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I known they didn't magic Who/Weller out of the air, but that's a different thing to always being able to access good info.

They're in much the same position as me. Sometimes they can get specific info that they know is absolutely correct and mostly they can't.

Could Foo's find it financially viable to come over and do Glasto, Werchter who still have a Thursday header to come out and play some of their own shows to make up the cost? I imagine the plan was to do Glasto then Reading next year, I'd be more confident in Reading and Glasto sharing due to the Grohl issue had they not done a few rearranged stadium dates.

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

What fresh hell is this on a Friday morning.

Ok. If the Sun are right I'm gonna reassert my theory from a couple of weeks ago that Adele is the 'fourth headliner' playing the tea time slot, that EE alluded to.

Shorter set than a headliner set, so less worry for her about the pacing of her mostly slow songs over 1hr 45mins, etc, etc. Reckon she'd prefer that.

On the whole, that's all pretty dull to me but not bad for the festival.

The Legend slot is not any less time and it has a ridiculous turn out. She will be in a worse position for that crowd to see her in daylight than her known it's dark so she can only see so far back anyway. I don't want to hang onto anything other than it'd be a much better trio for me but you can see Adele backing out and Muse being a stand in.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Could Foo's find it financially viable to come over and do Glasto, Werchter who still have a Thursday header to come out and play some of their own shows to make up the cost? I imagine the plan was to do Glasto then Reading next year, I'd be more confident in Reading and Glasto sharing due to the Grohl issue had they not done a few rearranged stadium dates.

they could, but if they're coming over to play the show they cancelled this year with Glasto, ir seems odd that they won't be doing Pinkpop or Pukklepop (I forget which of those it was) that they also had to cancel

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The Legend slot is not any less time and it has a ridiculous turn out. She will be in a worse position for that crowd to see her in daylight than her known it's dark so she can only see so far back anyway. I don't want to hang onto anything other than it'd be a much better trio for me but you can see Adele backing out and Muse being a stand in.

Muse have been in the frame since long before Adele was out tho (if adele is out),.

Which is why i think the sun is more likely wrong than right.