Headliners 2016

thewayiam

At least Noel had the decency to rip off other people, Dave Grohl's been ripping off himself since he wrote Monkey Wrench. 

I'm a huge Oasis and Beatles fan, but I don't really think the claims they ripped The Beatles are fair. Plenty other people they did "borrow" from though. 

I actually really like Noel's solo output too, and he knocked it out the park headlining T this year. I think he'd be a great Friday headliner for Glastonbury, but I also see why they don't view him as "big enough"

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Yeah Oasis, what a range of musical influences they had ranging from The Beatles to erm... The Beatles

I'll have you know that also they lifted from T-Rex, Bowie, The Smiths and The Stone Roses, and weren't adverse to pilfering a little bit of Hendrix, R.E.M. and Pink Floyd here and there.

saw Noel at IoW subbing springsteen. He was ok but crowd only really got going for the Oasis songs. He has no stage presence and as he said yesterday to Jo wiley it was Liam that took Oasis to the stratosphere. he is now a very good sub at Glasto imo not a headliner.

29 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

saw Noel at IoW subbing springsteen. He was ok but crowd only really got going for the Oasis songs. He has no stage presence and as he said yesterday to Jo wiley it was Liam that took Oasis to the stratosphere. he is now a very good sub at Glasto imo not a headliner.

This is it, the Eavis' would know the crowd are turning up for Oasis stuff despite some of his own solo stuff being decent enough and it wouldn't be booked for higher than a sub bu I do wonder with him not doing it this year and the amount of interviews he done with it mentioned, he was clearly open to do it and wasn't just a year of chasing money if the offer came. I bet it grates a little that Eavis' asked/accepted a slot from BE though.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is it, the Eavis' would know the crowd are turning up for Oasis stuff despite some of his own solo stuff being decent enough and it wouldn't be booked for higher than a sub bu I do wonder with him not doing it this year and the amount of interviews he done with it mentioned, he was clearly open to do it and wasn't just a year of chasing money if the offer came. I bet it grates a little that Eavis' asked/accepted a slot from BE though.

Beady Eye, playing in the prestigious "Special Guests TBA" slot opening the Other Stage. I doubt that grated on Noel at all, in fact I believe he was there in 2013... 

3 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Beady Eye, playing in the prestigious "Special Guests TBA" slot opening the Other Stage. I doubt that grated on Noel at all, in fact I believe he was there in 2013... 

Maybe if Noel chucked in a couple of Beady Eye tracks then people would be more into his solo shows..

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Yes. Especially after the rousing reception they got when they smashed it out of the park as Friday openers on The Other.

Exactly, remember everyone thought this was the beginning of Beady eyes festival headlining domination, they were going to take over the world 

13 hours ago, The Orgazoid said:

It saddens me immensely that Noel Gallagher, the brains behind one of the biggest bands this country ever produced, isn't deemed worthy enough to headline, but the fucking Foo Fighters are. 

Dave Grohl's been realising basically the same song over and over again for nearly 20 years, and has somehow managed to dupe everyone into thinking they're a great rock band. 

Yeah, but they're both shit bands.

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'll have you know that also they lifted from T-Rex, Bowie, The Smiths and The Stone Roses, and weren't adverse to pilfering a little bit of Hendrix, R.E.M. and Pink Floyd here and there.

Not to mention Don't Look Back In Anger lifting the guitar solo note for note directly from Primal Screams's Damaged.

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Noel giving out about Adele being bland. Has he listened to his own stuff? He then goes on to champion U2 and Coldplay.

Couldn't make it up.

It's because his rock music establishment membership was finally granted when he hit 45.

22 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Noel giving out about Adele being bland. Has he listened to his own stuff? He then goes on to champion U2 and Coldplay.

Couldn't make it up.

fuck me, just reading about that

He also labelled her as part of the "sea of cheese" that popular music has become. The singer said: "music has nosedived into f***ing blandness – a sea of cheese."

Which is fair enough. Then he goes on to say

“It is interesting that no-one ever talks about my love of U2 and Coldplay, but there you go"

The guy is an utter balloon.

Never got Noel's love of U2 and Coldplay. He's best mates with Chris Martin and Bono as well. Can definitely see him appearing on that song he plays on with Coldplay 

Edited by Alan_C