Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, paulmuchmore said:

Sure, it's not the original Queen, but to me, it's a bloody good headliner.

How many other bands have that many songs that everyone can sing along to? They're an act that appeal across age groups. And they haven't done a UK festival before (apart from being booked for the aforementioned cancelled Sonisphere). IOW likes having a Sunday night oldie, and I think they will go down well.

By this reasoning there would be loads of tribute acts worthy of headlining the festival. Aren't those butlins weekenders for all that though?

Edited by ericlered

17 minutes ago, ericlered said:

By this reasoning there would be loads of tribute acts worthy of headlining the festival. Aren't those butlins weekenders for all that though?

It's not exactly a tribute band when it's got two of the original members, who wrote many of the songs alongside Freddie.

So many bands change frontmen and still play their old songs - are they all tribute acts?

As I said, it won't be the same as if Freddie was still around, but to me they're still a legendary headliner sized band. I know many will disagree with that, but I think they're a good booking.

Current 'tribute' acts-

AC/DC

Fleetwood mac

the who

Guns n Roses

Rolling stones

then of course there's the front men milking their old band

Jeff lynne

john fogerty

ray davies

not sure why queen + Adam lambert aren't considered in the same vain as all of these which people seem to have very little issue with, apart from the who maybe.

band lineups change all the time, people need to get over it.

42 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Current 'tribute' acts-

AC/DC

Fleetwood mac

the who

Guns n Roses

Rolling stones

then of course there's the front men milking their old band

Jeff lynne

john fogerty

ray davies

not sure why queen + Adam lambert aren't considered in the same vain as all of these which people seem to have very little issue with, apart from the who maybe.

band lineups change all the time, people need to get over it.

Probably because Freddie Mercury was such an important part of their live act.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

for IoW, yes there is.

Tho because there's substance to the rumour it doesn't get to mean it's going to happen. It was (still is?) being considered, so it might happen, or it might not.

Please say Glastonbury wouldn't do something so horrible , IOW are taking  risk booking the spice girls

3 hours ago, ericlered said:

There's a Madchester weekender at Butlins this year but people still wanted the Roses to headline ;)