Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Please say Glastonbury wouldn't do something so horrible , IOW are taking  risk booking the spice girls

I don't think its that big of a risk, really, especially if they're not headlining. Have you seen some of the crap they have on their main stage? 

Besides, Glasto wouldn't be interested so nothing to worry about. 

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Any festival who book GnR need to take a long hard look at themselves and reconsider whether they are in the right business.

Considering all the rumours are that they're uniting the/a classic lineup on the next tour then I think any festival who can book them will be pretty pleased with the result.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

at least one of those isn't going to be a headline act we are hearing

Is it possible that IOW could beat Download to GNR as they won't stop them playing other dates they want as well. If Andy had sense, he wouldn't either as day tickets and a fair few weekend would already be snapped up.

I don't for one second believe GnR will reunite with the original or 'classic' lineups but if they do I will be the first idiot trekking on the hovercraft to IOW for the festival if they manage to book them.

Either way if they DO book GnR they will need to find 2 guitarists won't they? I know that DJ bloke left and I seem to remember Bumblefoot leaving too but may be wrong.

6 hours ago, Smeble said:

Current 'tribute' acts-

AC/DC

Fleetwood mac

the who

Guns n Roses

Rolling stones

then of course there's the front men milking their old band

Jeff lynne

john fogerty

ray davies

not sure why queen + Adam lambert aren't considered in the same vain as all of these which people seem to have very little issue with, apart from the who maybe.

band lineups change all the time, people need to get over it.

Strange one at the minute. Peter Hook going round doing tunes by New Order and Joy Division while New Order are going about doing exactly the same apart from a few new tunes.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Stone Roses headlined Reading with just two original members and it went swimmingly well.

I presume you had your tongue firmly in your cheek when you wrote that? :-)

7 hours ago, UEF said:

I'd be bang up for that lineup, drop the snobbery you lot!

100% agree.

At least it's different and with that interesting for the punters that go. 

Queen and Guns n Roses would be certainties to watch for me if Glastonbury had the balls to book people that for once. All these Coldplay and Muse rumours had better be bullshit, dull uninspired bookings that the majority of festival goers must have a gut full of by now.

35 minutes ago, jonesjupiter said:

It's more of a matter of when they reunite at this point. Most are convinced that they'll be playing Coachella this year.

I know that people think these things but we've all been saying this about Oasis since they split up too. I would love a GnR reunion but just can't see it after some of the things said and did over the years.

Ill believe it when I see it but I hope I do see it.

35 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Ill believe it when I see it but I hope I do see it.

Meh, I kind of thought the same way. I was even less convinced that LCD would be reuniting next year. But all signs and info from insiders are pointing to them both happening.

I assume you guys saw this today.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/guns-n-roses-sending-cryptic-tweets-bolstering-reunion-rumours/

Edited by jonesjupiter

IF they played with the original line up, I would be sooooooooooo tempted to go see them. I probably wouldnt as Axl is a parody of himself these days and even having the original line up wouldnt cover the fact he cant perform the songs properly anymore.

But I would still be soooooooooo tempted.....

Axl is the last great rock star. Sure he can't sing exactly like he used to but he has a 5 octave register. Rock singers who sing in that higher register on occasion usually lose a bit of bass as they get older. Same for John Fogerty for example. They don't have the same lung capacity. But he still sounds pretty good on his day!

I just hope Steven Adler is the drummer if theres a reunion. Although I'm sure it'll be him and Matt Sorum.

https://youtu.be/dkJXGRSwSJo

https://youtu.be/VZY03tEIDKA

Edited by The Nal