Headliners 2016

thewayiam

been listening to the GnR videos - Axl's voice is better on those than when I saw GnR in 2006 I think it was - Download was a great set but was overshadowed by Tool (who were fucking amazing) and Metallica (who play Master of Puppets in full) as well as the constant rants about the crowd......

I am well up for a reunion and as I have said I would spunk however much I had to to get to IOW and back for the fest if they played.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, russycarps said:

yeah, I still wake up in the middle of the night screaming after dreaming about his leylines chat in 2004. 

It seemed like seeing him was a rarity back then, that cant be right though can it? surely he was touring all the time then wasnt he?

He hadnt toured the UK in over a decade up until 2003 so it was a bit of rarity I suppose yeah. But after that Freedom tune at the NYC concert and the Superbowl I was sceptical.

https://youtu.be/043DK0OFvlY

Thankfully he realised it was complete shit and reverted back to the hits.

Edited by The Nal

22 minutes ago, The Nal said:

His mid song banter can be arse clenching in its delivery too. But it always was I suppose. "Next song we'd like to sing, from our new album....new LP....album....."

That can't be denied (George was a great ukelele player etc) but there are moments, like when the crowd kicks in on 1:59 in this video that just take you to away somewhere special.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That can't be denied (George was a great ukelele player etc) but there are moments, like when the crowd kicks in on 1:59 in this video that just take you to away somewhere special.

I was there Gnom! Utterly beautiful night. Even Grohl turning up couldn't spoil it.

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

I was there Gnom! Utterly beautiful night. Even Grohl turning up couldn't spoil it.

It really was amazing wasn't it. First and only time I went for VIP tickets (access to a bar, you still had to pay but no queues, in the Centenery stand and a few bites to eat) but worth every penny. I'd seen Springsteen at Old Traffor earlier that week and come away disappointed, too quiet, too wet, crowd not great... this was everything that wasn't. Way better than I had hoped, sound was fantastic for an outdoor gig, crowd very up for it...perfect.

I would be really torn if he played. I have never ever found any great pleasure in listening to the Beatles tunes, dont know why, just never have.

But moments like that clip above are something that would make your hairs stand on end. And I would want to go home from Glastonbury with memories of those FAAAARRRRRKKKK!!!!! moments, rather than just seeing a band I like doing songs I like again.

Would it be possible for him to do a quick medley of moments at the beginning, so I can wander off when bored without worrying about missing anything?

39 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It really was amazing wasn't it. First and only time I went for VIP tickets (access to a bar, you still had to pay but no queues, in the Centenery stand and a few bites to eat) but worth every penny. I'd seen Springsteen at Old Traffor earlier that week and come away disappointed, too quiet, too wet, crowd not great... this was everything that wasn't. Way better than I had hoped, sound was fantastic for an outdoor gig, crowd very up for it...perfect.

Not that I'm a stalker, but I was at Springsteen as well... and really enjoyed him, though he could have done without getting the football shirt out. He did play Rosalita so it was never going to be a dud.

Didn't know a dvd had been released of Anfield.... might have to have a look at that.

17 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Not that I'm a stalker, but I was at Springsteen as well... and really enjoyed him, though he could have done without getting the football shirt out. He did play Rosalita so it was never going to be a dud.

Didn't know a dvd had been released of Anfield.... might have to have a look at that.

It was my first time seeing Spingsteen, I think I was maybe expecting to be blown away but wasn't (though I have been since), may have also been my natural aversion to Old Trafford that did it :)

Is there an official Anfield release? Only seen bootlegs advertised before, used to have it on the old Sky planner from when most of it was broadcast on BBC2 but some bugger deleted it.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

one of my all time favourite songs, goosebumps, can't beat it when a chorus of thousands of people join in to sing

53 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Don't know where they've got them odds from cause I can't see any Glastonbury market on William Hill. Daft odds for Adele and Muse as well

4 hours ago, mufcok said:

Don't know where they've got them odds from cause I can't see any Glastonbury market on William Hill. Daft odds for Adele and Muse as well

They are going to put stupid odds because that's how they would make money on this, muse I would say could be likely not Adele