Headliners 2016

thewayiam

Ah fuck, now having watched those two clips I have a boner for them again.

But no way can it be Matt Sorum. That dick ruined the Cult and then went on to ruin G'N'R. People overlook how much a drummer makes a band, and both the Cult and G'N'R lost a BIG bit of sound when that git joined.

Just realised its 28 years since I first saw them.... scary!

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Axl is the last great rock star. Sure he can't sing exactly like he used to but he has a 5 octave register. Rock singers who sing in that higher register on occasion usually lose a bit of bass as they get older. Same for John Fogerty for example. They don't have the same lung capacity. But he still sounds pretty good on his day!

I just hope Steven Adler is the drummer if theres a reunion. Although I'm sure it'll be him and Matt Sorum.

https://youtu.be/dkJXGRSwSJo

https://youtu.be/VZY03tEIDKA

30 seconds in on that 2nd video, no other man can do that. 

Have Green Day always been a rumour or has this just been added? I can't see them doing Glasto but it would be cool if Green Day were definitely going to be in Europe next summer and if the rumour has anything to it. Not necessarily for Glastonbury but that they'll be at some sort of festival or stadiums... 

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

Have Green Day always been a rumour or has this just been added? I can't see them doing Glasto but it would be cool if Green Day were definitely going to be in Europe next summer and if the rumour has anything to it. Not necessarily for Glastonbury but that they'll be at some sort of festival or stadiums... 

They've been there for ages, im sure Neil said they added everyone the bookies had been even remotely portraying as rumours, I think we all know it won't be Green Day mind you 

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They've been there for ages, im sure Neil said they added everyone the bookies had been even remotely portraying as rumours, I think we all know it won't be Green Day mind you 

Thanks, just wanted to know if there was anything to Green Day touring really. Cheers! Think they're one of the headliner sized bands I could never see playing Glastonbury

47 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Paul McCartney playing Dine and Disco near Glasto weekend, could he be returning?

I hope not, last time I checked one of his last performances he was pretty bad. As said I hope atleast 1 act gets announced sometime soon.. I don't care who it is!

Edited by Chris Lfc

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

just checked out the setlist. Absolutely devastated to have missed that, but it was just too pricey.

My one problem with the 2004 gig is the setlist wasnt quite as perfect as recent ones are, for my tastes.

He was fairly shambolic at that Concert for NYC after 9/11 and I remember a a lot of calls for him to retire. He got his act together with that new band and played a fairly straight setlist for a few years. But every year he seems to add to the setlist and pull some rarities out so the setlists have gotten better.

That said, Ive no interest in seeing him do Hey Jude/Abbey Road End suite again, which he still does.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He was fairly shambolic at that Concert for NYC after 9/11 and I remember a a lot of calls for him to retire. He got his act together with that new band and played a fairly straight setlist for a few years. But every year he seems to add to the setlist and pull some rarities out so the setlists have gotten better.

That said, Ive no interest in seeing him do Hey Jude/Abbey Road End suite again, which he still does.

Hey Jude I could tolerate, if there wasnt all the "now just the ladies! now just the men!" stuff. But the abbey road medley I'll never tire of hearing..

The thing with Hey Jude is you think youcan't take any more, the next thing you're giving it the Na Na Naaas with everyone else. His Liverpool 08 gig at Anfield remains one of my favourite ever gigs, astounding stuff. And Russy's right about the Abbey Road medley, I love it (actually got Abbey Road on now, even resisted the skip button for Octopuses Garden).

I honestly wonder what sort of a reception he'd get if he was announced. Most of today's glastonbury goers probably werent at the 2004 gig. Surely people would still be thrilled at the prospect of seeing a beatle? though perhaps he's now been overexposed after the olympics and queens birthday (or whatever it was) debacles.

Almost everyone was dead excited about it in 2004 I'm sure.

10 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I honestly wonder what sort of a reception he'd get if he was announced. Most of today's glastonbury goers probably werent at the 2004 gig. Surely people would still be thrilled at the prospect of seeing a beatle? though perhaps he's now been overexposed after the olympics and queens birthday (or whatever it was) debacles.

Almost everyone was dead excited about it in 2004 I'm sure.

Unfortunately his history of turning up at the opening of envelopes and the closing of northern factories etc and playing the same 5 tunes has damaged him in the eye of the public. Damaged The Beatles too Id bet. His mid song banter can be arse clenching in its delivery too. But it always was I suppose. "Next song we'd like to sing, from our new album....new LP....album....."

But who can argue with setlists like this. Absolutely ridiculous stuff.

Just realised that its going to be a Beatles weekend! Sometimes you've no choice in that matter.

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Unfortunately his history of turning up at the opening of envelopes and the closing of northern factories etc and playing the same 5 tunes has damaged him in the eye of the public. Damaged The Beatles too Id bet. His mid song banter can be arse clenching in its delivery too. But it always was I suppose. "Next song we'd like to sing, from our new album....new LP....album....."

yeah, I still wake up in the middle of the night screaming after dreaming about his leylines chat in 2004. 

It seemed like seeing him was a rarity back then, that cant be right though can it? surely he was touring all the time then wasnt he?