Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

He's played a couple outwith that Edinburgh one just under the radar. Played in Carlisle last weekend 

I wonder why he isn’t listing them on RA. I was in Mallorca in September, thought I’d check if there was anything on in Palma - low and behold, he was playing there randomly. No mention on RA...

I’d love to know the situation behind the scenes - like have WHP, Sub Club, Printworks, Motion etc all snubbed him or he is trying to remain under the radar...

I would imagine Motion is the most likely to stay away from him, just because of their connection to Love Save the Day and being Bristol based.

Then again, it does seem like he's taken steps to address his behaviour (behaviour that clearly stemmed from a number of addictions and issues) so I'm really not sure. I'd like to imagine there's a mechanism within dance music for forgiveness, but at the same time his actions were the antithesis of the dancefloor being a safe space, so it's hard to tell isn't it? 

Edited by Zacko

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wotcha team

Sorry I haven't been around of late - a self-imposed exile after the lunacy of the summer and then just feel I need to keep me head down until after T Day.

I was very, very lucky today. Long story short as I know lots of mates in this lovely thread are sad, and I am for them too. Essentially, after nothing nothing nothing the sold out notices came up. A minute later I get a call from one of my pals, on holiday in Italy, on his phone, on 3G!!! He tells me that he's on a payment page (I had entered our group's details 7-8 times and got pinged every time at the confirmation page), and can he have my card details. I duly recite them and he says he'll let me know. By this time we're 3-4 minutes after the Sold Out announcement and our WhatsApp group is awash with sorrow. And then my pal posts to say that he's got 'em. I don't think that we could have been any closer to failure and still ended up getting them. My heart rate was higher than at the end of a Trance set.

So, I'm privileged to be coming to the Farm again and sorry for any E/D folks who were unlucky. I'll already set my stall out and say that I'll be on deck to try in the resale for anyone in here that needs another helper.

Ben
x

Great story, Ben! Good to see most of the E/D (ir)regulars get in. I won't be there this year but I'll be watching this thread with interest as if I was 

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

@Matt42 mate - you're going to love it. My one top: save your first time til night time

Fantastic! 

Has awakenings announced its dates yet? I’m hoping there will be one year where they don’t clash!

EDIT: w*nk. It is

Edited by Matt42

11 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Wonder if @Ddiamondd got sorted? Great source of information 

Not sure if poster gets a regular ticket but hope so!

I'd guess they may be playing again, and not in need of a ticket 

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Not a sausage mate. Wondering if I go for the resale or if this is the year I do it as a volunteer. Those WaterAid stalls looked like an alright gig...

I think of the volunteering slots that one looks the best. It'd be a different experience, but I'm sure it'd still be a lot of fun 

I thought I'd absolutely hate waiting for the resale last year, but I just sort of zoned out and forgot about it, and then once I was successful it all came abiut so quickly 

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Maybe he's attempting some sort of slow, under the radar comeback.

I reckon its pretty straightforward. No promoters worth their salt are going to be the first to book him. Hence minor gigs in 2 bit venues in Edinburgh and Carlisle.

once one of the big players books and advertises him then the floodgates will open. Even if jack would do the gigs, no smaller independent promoters with any kind of reputation or ethics would book him either. Yet.

it will happen, but no one wants to be the first for fear of backlash. Also as im pretty sure team love are behind the savvier bookings in silver hayes there is no chance of him being booked in that area of glastonbury

Edited by Memory Man

11 hours ago, Fishman said:

How did the 5am crew get on? @GWR; @bennyhana22; @Bin Fish; @ravermum

I'll be there and hope to see some of you there. x

Oi oi! Yes, I’m in. Delighted to see on our thread that so many others did too. Got a coach ticket, the page freeze of death and then the booking confirmation. I’m arriving Thursday this time for family logistical reasons. I’ve been quiet with life stuff but let the E&D debating commence. @Matt - Ed Banger Records - I’m here for you in the resale if you need it. Congratulations to everyone who got a ticket and big love to those who are not in (yet) 

7 minutes ago, ravermum said:

Oi oi! Yes, I’m in. Delighted to see on our thread that so many others did too. Got a coach ticket, the page freeze of death and then the booking confirmation. I’m arriving Thursday this time for family logistical reasons. I’ve been quiet with life stuff but let the E&D debating commence. @Matt - Ed Banger Records - I’m here for you in the resale if you need it. Congratulations to everyone who got a ticket and big love to those who are not in (yet) 

And @Winslow Leach of course, if you decide not to volunteer. 

7 hours ago, Memory Man said:

I reckon its pretty straightforward. No promoters worth their salt are going to be the first to book him. Hence minor gigs in 2 bit venues in Edinburgh and Carlisle.

once one of the big players books and advertises him then the floodgates will open. Even if jack would do the gigs, no smaller independent promoters with any kind of reputation or ethics would book him either. Yet.

it will happen, but no one wants to be the first for fear of backlash. Also as im pretty sure team love are behind the savvier bookings in silver hayes there is no chance of him being booked in that area of glastonbury

But he’s already playing Circoloco. They are a big outfit. I agree in a way I think it’s gonna take one gig playing for a big promotor in England, a backlash then he’ll pop up more regularly again. 

Maybe he’s turning down offers dipping himself back into it. I don’t think he’ll be shunned for too long. Jackmaster shifts tickets. He was one of the most popular DJ’s around. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

But he’s already playing Circoloco. They are a big outfit. I agree in a way I think it’s gonna take one gig playing for a big promotor in England, a backlash then he’ll pop up more regularly again. 

Maybe he’s turning down offers dipping himself back into it. I don’t think he’ll be shunned for too long. Jackmaster shifts tickets. He was one of the most popular DJ’s around. 

Circo is big yes but he was one of their “family” and hardly has a discerning crowd. You dont buy a ticket to it for one artist. Also Ibiza isnt known for its ethics. I highly doubt he is turning down uk gigs based on the 2 he has played, but we’ll never know for sure. 

Agreed he shifts tickets and will be back tho. 

Edited by Memory Man

13 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Circo is big yes but he was one of their “family” and hardly has a discerning crowd. You dont buy a ticket to it for one artist. Also Ibiza isnt known for its ethics. I highly doubt he is turning down uk gigs based on the 2 he has played, but we’ll never know for sure. 

Agreed he shifts tickets and will be back tho. 

Fair points. 

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

I like to try the usual route first and foremost, pay your way and all that, but had rum luck this year. feel bad for my Dad, shut out on the big 5-0

I'll wiggle my way somehow and if so, expect more whistles blown as the time nears

Good luck ?

34 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

You'd be surprised how close that came to happening this year...

Please don’t. I had a ticket for their show in Liverpool and did my back in the morning of it. My friend got me free tickets to Bluedot which “fell through” last min. Never seen them.

They played Cocoon didn’t they in Ibiza his year sure I saw that somewhere.

24 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Please don’t. I had a ticket for their show in Liverpool and did my back in the morning of it. My friend got me free tickets to Bluedot which “fell through” last min. Never seen them.

They played Cocoon didn’t they in Ibiza his year sure I saw that somewhere.

Thomas, did you get a ticket? 

I may have missed you saying so 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Thomas, did you get a ticket? 

I may have missed you saying so 

Yeah I usually try and organise all our lot. 6 groups of 6 and only 3 groups got tickets so I’ve still gotta get 18 people there in resale. Nightmare!

28 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, last month, supported by Sven Väth and Seth Troxler. madness lol

Watching them in Detroit headlining Movement surrounded by a coalition of techno veterans, curious ravers and sci-fi geeks - all in 3D glasses, in the shadow of the General Motors plants - was amazing. They even worked in a little cartoon cisual during "Spacelab" where they descended to earth and landed in Detroit, cruising a UFO past the Motown Museum and into a techno party. The crowd was going ballistic. Cute touch.

I was doing a bit of digging for a thing on Yellow Magic Orchestra recently and tbh was surprised at how frequently Kraftwerk have toured about the place for the past 15-odd years. They properly get around. You'll get your chance!

That sounds class, I’d say seeing them in Detroit be special with all the history. They always sell out straight away when they do Manchester and Liverpool.

Buzz off that clip of YMO on Soul Train.

Dimensions has announced its plans for next year and it looks like the rumours of Portugal were false as the festival is staying within Croatia! Its relocating to Tisno which i'm sure is the same site that Love International Festival is held. Pretty buzzing that its staying in Croatia as the Adriatic coast is one of the most beautiful coastlines i've seen. 

Anyone who's been to Love International able to give me a run down of the site itself? Their former location in Pula was one of the best ive seen so hoping for something similar! 

5 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Dimensions has announced its plans for next year and it looks like the rumours of Portugal were false as the festival is staying within Croatia! Its relocating to Tisno which i'm sure is the same site that Love International Festival is held. Pretty buzzing that its staying in Croatia as the Adriatic coast is one of the most beautiful coastlines i've seen. 

Anyone who's been to Love International able to give me a run down of the site itself? Their former location in Pula was one of the best ive seen so hoping for something similar! 

Read this post as I had the email through from demensions haha. Love international site is great, i'm happy they are changing the dimensions date to earlyish august aswel. I went in 2017 when they had to stop one night due to electrical storms, and I went to unknown fest in 2015 or 2016 and it poured down all week then aswel, so definitely best to avoid Croatia in September.

Just now, Brad2434 said:

Read this post as I had the email through from demensions haha. Love international site is great, i'm happy they are changing the dimensions date to earlyish august aswel. I went in 2017 when they had to stop one night due to electrical storms, and I went to unknown fest in 2015 or 2016 and it poured down all week then aswel, so definitely best to avoid Croatia in September.

Im thinking of biting the bullet and buying an early bird now! Would prefer them to release a bit more information on the site as well first but dont think i can complain at 100 euro a ticket....