Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Had a really good night on Saturday for the Global Underground thingy. Bushwacka!, Dave Seaman and Darren Emerson and @FuzzyDunlop all playing great sets.

Liked the venue, although only one room was open. Was MEGA hot in there, but thankfully there was some colder chill-out spaces to cool down a bit. As @eyelovefests also says, did get lost at times and started wandering into areas I shouldn’t have been!

Very much a friendly, older crowd in that night and had some good chats. When I ventured out that night I was not expecting to have a conversation about Coventry City’s Maltese striker from the late 00s, Michael Mifsud, with a Blackburn Rovers fan.

Glad to hear it’s not just me 🤣 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Is it too early to start messaging djs on instagram / twitter etc to see who's playing? We've confirmed names this way in the past if I remember correctly. 

Nah I was messaging Haai about something else and asked her and she confirmed she’d be playing multiple sets.

57 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Pretty sure the intrepid @Matt42 is already on the case...

This was with the bands on the poster for stages/days. Would be interesting to see if we got responses although most of the ones Joey confirmed for instance are probably a bit big to reply/read the message

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Been listening to the Overmono essential mix after a few of you had mentioned him (her/them??). 

And yeah I can fuck with that.

Any other good sets I can get my ears around? 

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Been listening to the Overmono essential mix after a few of you had mentioned him (her/them??). 

The Overmono FACT mix is also a cracker: https://www.factmag.com/2018/10/02/fact-mix-674-overmono-tessela-truss/

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Overmono is 2 guys which I find a bit odd with the type of music they make. 

They also have a fabric live as well.

I’ve been rinsing Four tet’s live set at forbidden forest recently, both years are really good. 

Saw Overmono at Electric Brixton last night. 

Very decent live set they've got. Felt a bit short for a solo-show, as it might have been around 1:10-1:20, but I guess that will work wonders for the array of festivals they've got lined up.

Great Dog Based visuals too, appreciated that a lot. 

Couldn't help myself comparing them to Bicep as I watched (2 guys, electronic duo, similar setup & sound). But I did enjoy the different approaches they have to a live show. Where Bicep will mix everything together to the point the whole show can melt into one continuous experience. Overmono were not afraid to completely halt the sounds, lights, screen, keep us waiting in the dark for 10-20 seconds, building a bit of hype/tension to when things kicked back in. 

Sure you'll love them if you catch em on the farm (I'm still praying for resale).

Gunk sounded sick live. I didn't like Clipper when I listen to it at home, but the melodic synths grew on me live. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Very decent live set they've got. Felt a bit short for a solo-show, as it might have been around 1:10-1:20, but I guess that will work wonders for the array of festivals they've got lined up.

Couldn't help myself comparing them to Bicep as I watched (2 guys, electronic duo, similar setup & sound). But I did enjoy the different approaches they have to a live show. Where Bicep will mix everything together to the point the whole show can melt into one continuous experience. Overmono were not afraid to completely halt the sounds, lights, screen, keep us waiting in the dark for 10-20 seconds, building a bit of hype/tension to when things kicked back in. 

Sure you'll love them if you catch em on the farm (I'm still praying for resale).

Gunk sounded sick live. I didn't like Clipper when I listen to it at home, but the melodic synths grew on me live. 

Sounds great, i'm extremely excited to see them

with the dog visuals playing a part, could we dream of an IICON set perhaps?

3 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

What are the dog visuals? Sounds intriguing

4 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Sounds great, i'm extremely excited to see them

with the dog visuals playing a part, could we dream of an IICON set perhaps?

It was a pretty normal visuals set up, 3 screens behind them, it would work on any stage that has a screen. Though I feel like IICON visuals are quite unique & custom mapped, not sure if they'd be able to translate. Depends what they're planning, if it's still the head or something new.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

What are the dog visuals? Sounds intriguing

Imagine these two, but in motion + Visual Effects & colours. 

183981-overmono-everything-u-need.thumb.jpeg.f2085d699586457869d64ac4f9d2c2b1.jpeg

• Thanks 1