Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Does anyone else think we are due for a big surprise or 2 on the line up? I remember in 2011 being shocked in a good way at Morrissey & QOTSA being there.

I have a feeling something or someone big & unexpected could turn up in a prominent slot. Probably sunday other headliner. I don't quite buy Green Day for some reason. 

Me neither I can't see that happening in a month of Sundays 

I think you might be on to something but I don't have a name to suggest 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Does anyone else think we are due for a big surprise or 2 on the line up? I remember in 2011 being shocked in a good way at Morrissey & QOTSA being there.

I have a feeling something or someone big & unexpected could turn up in a prominent slot. Probably sunday other headliner. I don't quite buy Green Day for some reason. 

I certainly hope so. It's one of those years where we have a lot of names essentially TBC but not many of them seem particularly seem big enough for the Other headliner/Pyramid sub slots. I'm hoping that they have a few exciting names up their sleeve, and it's not just a case of one of the already rumoured acts being plonked on the Other stage as a headliner. I'm a fan of Justice, for example, but I'm really hoping there's something bigger coming for that slot.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I certainly hope so. It's one of those years where we have a lot of names essentially TBC but not many of them seem particularly seem big enough for the Other headliner/Pyramid sub slots. I'm hoping that they have a few exciting names up their sleeve, and it's not just a case of one of the already rumoured acts being plonked on the Other stage as a headliner. I'm a fan of Justice, for example, but I'm really hoping there's something bigger coming for that slot.

Bruno Mars has a Glastonbury shaped hole in his tour dates, he could definitely sub.

Im not a fan, but he could 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Nile Rogers has ruined one of the Beck/Sigur Rós level surprises tbh.

Would it have been that big a deal? He has played since last fallow year and played hundreds of festivals in the UK between then and now. Think the two you mentioned have been much more a live rarity in recent years so had a bit of an edge there.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Would it have been that big a deal? He has played since last fallow year and played hundreds of festivals in the UK between then and now. Think the two you mentioned have been much more a live rarity in recent years so had a bit of an edge there.

Nah not really I was just thinking as an act we weren't really expecting who'll be in a big slot.

Guess it'd be more similar to the Madness announcement last year, though, which wasn't really big news.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Kendrick is the dream. It has to happen eventually, but I don't think this is the year.

Plus he'd probably clash with Radiohead.

Kendrick needs to drop another amazing album then headline the full thing on his festival debut

Only rapper on the planet who could realistically headline after Jay Z and Kanye 

3 minutes ago, swede said:

Only rapper on the planet who could realistically headline after Jay Z and Kanye 

I was thinking about this the other day, Kendrick is obviously going to be a headliner soon and I can see Reading giving him the bump up, but it is a shame that the Glastonbury choices for a hip-hop headliner are so slim.

Eminem is way too expensive, he doesn't like being filmed, a lot of people are put off by tracks like Kim and he hasn't released anything decent in years. The only one I can see in the future except for Kendrick is Drake.