Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

I'm bored. More acts to add in in places obvo (eg. King Gizzard too high at the moment).

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead / Bon Iver / Iggy Pop / Frank Turner / Run the Jewels / Nao
Other: Major Lazer / HAIM / Hozier / Wild Beasts / Charli XCX / Drenge / Garbage (openers)
West Holts: Flume / Jungle / Schoolboy Q
John Peel: Courteeners / Blossoms 
Park: Grizzly Bear / Local Natives / Real Estate

Saturday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / The xx / Lorde / The Specials / Father John Misty
Other: Nine Inch Nails / James Bay / You Me at Six / St. Vincent / Slaves / White Lies
West Holts: Justice / The Avalanches
John Peel: The Flaming Lips / The Hives / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Park: Of Montreal / Grandaddy / Parquet Courts / Viet Cong

Sunday:
Pyramid: The Stone Roses / Royal Blood / Jamie T / Diana Ross / Future Islands / Vintage Trouble
Other: The National / The War on Drugs / Phoenix / London Grammar / Rat Boy / Alvvays / The Bots
West Holts: FKA Twigs / Blood Orange
John Peel: First Aid Kit / Warpaint / The Naked and Famous
Park: Crystal Fighters / Teenage Fanclub / Regina Spektor

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would do me nicely 

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

I'm bored. More acts to add in in places obvo (eg. King Gizzard too high at the moment).

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead / Bon Iver / Iggy Pop / Frank Turner / Run the Jewels / Nao
Other: Major Lazer / HAIM / Hozier / Wild Beasts / Charli XCX / Drenge / Garbage (openers)
West Holts: Flume / Jungle / Schoolboy Q
John Peel: Courteeners / Blossoms 
Park: Grizzly Bear / Local Natives / Real Estate

Saturday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / The xx / Lorde / The Specials / Father John Misty
Other: Nine Inch Nails / James Bay / You Me at Six / St. Vincent / Slaves / White Lies
West Holts: Justice / The Avalanches
John Peel: The Flaming Lips / The Hives / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Park: Of Montreal / Grandaddy / Parquet Courts / Viet Cong

Sunday:
Pyramid: The Stone Roses / Royal Blood / Jamie T / Diana Ross / Future Islands / Vintage Trouble
Other: The National / The War on Drugs / Phoenix / London Grammar / Rat Boy / Alvvays / The Bots
John Peel: First Aid Kit / Warpaint / The Naked and Famous
Park: Crystal Fighters / Teenage Fanclub / Regina Spektor

Love the idea of Future Islands on the pyramid, think that would go down a treat, same with RTJ

The national vs roses as others have mentioned is pretty horrible as is avalanches vs hives vs xx 

but would snap your hand off for that right now

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

oM wouldn't headline Park and there are a couple of others that I think wouldn't return to the same stage so quickly but otherwise it's pretty fair. I actually have one of these stored up but it's so similar I might not post it!

of Montreal too small? Don't really know much about them.

Hmm yeah I've had a look through to see which ones I've got returning to the same stage and I'll probably move a few now that I know. In terms of acts I've got returning to the same stage these are the ones I can spot:

HAIM - could do ~4th Pyramid or headline JP

Ed Sheeran - obviously isn't going anywhere else

The Specials - if they play they'd surely be Pyramid but I just stuck them in because of Madness going down really well this year

NIN - couldn't do another slot

White Lies - could play high-ish JP but think they're in the same position as Editors now and seem more low-Other filler

Parquet Courts - will probs move them to JP

The National - maybe 3rd Pyramid or something instead

FKA Twigs - yeah maybe another stage for her 

Edit: Wow why have White Lies played the Other Stage 3 times in a row? 4th down to 2nd down to 6th down in 5 years. Tragic.

Edited by Will-2609

Right here's what I got. I nicked the Regina Spektor on Park suggestion because it's a good one.

Py: Depeche Mode, Frank Ocean, The National, Clean Bandit, Blossoms, Stormzy, Omar Souleyman*
OS: Pendulum, George Ezra, London Grammar, Slaves, First Aid Kit, Mastodon, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard*
JP: The Flaming Lips, The Horrors, Everything Everything, Young Fathers
Pa: FKA twigs, Regina Spektor, Polica*
WH: Flume, Four Tet, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals*

Py: Ed Sheeran, Sia, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Haim, Charli XCX, Vintage Trouble
OS: The xx, The War on Drugs, Primal Scream, Die Antwoord, Wild Beasts, Rat Boy, Calexico
JP: Bon Iver, Miguel, NAO, White Lies
Pa: Crystal Fighters, Grandaddy, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
WH: Alabama Shakes, The Avalanches, Blood Orange*

Py: Radiohead, Elbow, James Bay, Diana Ross, Jack Garratt, Goat*
OS: Major Lazer, Boy Better Know, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, St. Vincent, Peace, The Levellers
JP: Courteeners, Crystal Castles, The Shins, The Kills
Pa: Warpaint, Sleaford Mods, Lianne La Havas
WH: Jamiroquai, Daryl Hall & John Oates, Toots & the Maytals

* - would be a slot or two earlier but I didn't wanna try pad it out.

also I think Pendulum was a space saver because I took out SHM and couldn't think of anything else but there it is now I suppose.

Edited by dentalplan

FRIDAY

Pyramid - The Stone Roses, Nick Cave, Royal Blood, Joe Bonamassa, Kaiser Chiefs, Solange

Other - Nine Inch Nails, Franz Ferdinand, Phoenix, Grizzly Bear, Metronomy, DMA's, Nothing  But Thieves

John Peel - Justice, Wild Beasts, Danny Brown, Glass Animals, Banks, Alvvays, Lapsley

The Park - First Aid Kit, James Vincent McMorrow, Tourist, Nao, Villagers, Soak

SATURDAY

Pyramid - Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Pet Shop Boys, Jamie T, Lorde, Jungle, Wiley

Other - Chase & Status, Vampire Weekend, London Grammar, The Shins, The Hives, Grouplove, Blossoms, Beach Slang

John Peel - Two Door Cinema Club, White Lies, Chromeo, Local Natives, Alice Glass, Asgeir, Stormzy, Honeyblood

The Park - The Avalanches, Warpaint, The Horrors, Stornoway, Julia Holter, Bob Moses, The Whytches, Frances

SUNDAY

Pyramid - Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age, Bastille, Dianna Ross, Santana, Future Islands

Other - Major Lazer, Rita Ora, Haim, The War on Drugs, Die Antwoord, Peace, The Naked & Famous

John Peel - Nero, Schoolboy Q, The Temper Trap, Phantogram, Rat Boy, Broods, Young the Giant

The Park - Laura Marling, Of Montreal, Jason Isbell, Michael Kiwanuka, The Boxer Rebellion, Half Moon Run, Mura Masa

Edited by 01seb

• 3 weeks later...

I know I've already got a prediction thing on this page but it's raining and I've updated mine a little...

Radiohead, Elbow, Lorde, The Roots, Clean Bandit, Blossoms, Nathaniel Rateliff & TNS, Omar Souleyman
OS: Major Lazer, George Ezra, Primal Scream, Slaves, Peace, Wild Beasts, Circa Waves, King Gizzard & TLW, Richard Ashcroft
JP: Courteeners, Miguel, Crystal Castles, Young Fathers, Palma Violets
Pa: FKA twigs, Regina Spektor, Sleaford Mods, Villagers
WH: Santana, Jungle, The Invisible, Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals

Ed Sheeran, Bon Iver, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Haim, NAO, Goat, [a town band]
OS: Nine Inch Nails, Boy Better Know, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jack Garratt, The Shins, Rat Boy, Django Django, Augustines, Teleman
JP: Chase & Status, The Horrors, Everything Everything, DMA's, Oh Wonder
Pa: The Avalanches, Grandaddy, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, Polica
WH: Jamiroquai, Daryl Hall & John Oates, Bombino, Blood Orange

U2, Sia, The National, Diana Ross, Kodaline, Vintage Trouble, Jamila Woods, [a ballet]
OS: The xx, The War on Drugs, London Grammar, St. Vincent, The Kills, The Levellers, The Strypes, Spring King, Foy Vance
JP: The Flaming Lips, Stormzy, White Lies, Glass Animals, Whitney
Pa: Warpaint, Lianne La Havas, Local Natives, Shura
WH: Justice, Four Tet, Toots & the Maytals, Esperanza Spalding

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I know I've already got a prediction thing on this page but it's raining and I've updated mine a little...

Radiohead, Elbow, Lorde, The Roots, Clean Bandit, Blossoms, Nathaniel Rateliff & TNS, Omar Souleyman
OS: Major Lazer, George Ezra, Primal Scream, Slaves, Peace, Wild Beasts, Circa Waves, King Gizzard & TLW, Richard Ashcroft
JP: Courteeners, Miguel, Crystal Castles, Young Fathers, Palma Violets
Pa: FKA twigs, Regina Spektor, Sleaford Mods, Villagers
WH: Santana, Jungle, The Invisible, Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals

Ed Sheeran, Bon Iver, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Haim, NAO, Goat, [a town band]
OS: Nine Inch Nails, Boy Better Know, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jack Garratt, The Shins, Rat Boy, Django Django, Augustines, Teleman
JP: Chase & Status, The Horrors, Everything Everything, DMA's, Oh Wonder
Pa: The Avalanches, Grandaddy, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, Polica
WH: Jamiroquai, Daryl Hall & John Oates, Bombino, Blood Orange

U2, Sia, The National, Diana Ross, Kodaline, Vintage Trouble, Jamila Woods, [a ballet]
OS: The xx, The War on Drugs, London Grammar, St. Vincent, The Kills, The Levellers, The Strypes, Spring King, Foy Vance

U2, Dental?!!!

Go on, I'm intrigued...

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

U2, Dental?!!!

Go on, I'm intrigued...

I know they took so long to 'finally' play that they wouldn't be expected to return so quickly but Michael's thing about four repeat headliners in 2016 and 2017, U2 setting off touring again next year and the rain messing with their set last time that might make a do-over seem appropriate. I think it's a strong possibility, and it'd also be a laugh if it rained again.

On 8/2/2016 at 1:17 PM, Will-2609 said:
Other: The National
John Peel: First Aid Kit / Warpaint

There's never been a clash like this in the history of festivals. I'd probably go Blood Orange > The National, but I'd feel a great deal of pain from it.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

This one is much nicer, I'd get to see Esperanza, Diana Ross, The National, Sia, and Warpaint. What a lovely day.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I know they took so long to 'finally' play that they wouldn't be expected to return so quickly but Michael's thing about four repeat headliners in 2016 and 2017, U2 setting off touring again next year and the rain messing with their set last time that might make a do-over seem appropriate. I think it's a strong possibility, and it'd also be a laugh if it rained again.

Heh! 

There's logic there. And irony. 

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

There's never been a clash like this in the history of festivals. I'd probably go Blood Orange > The National, but I'd feel a great deal of pain from it.

The 2016 Friday Clashfuckular FuckFest was bad enough, but yeah. 

Struggle to worry about clashes until after T-Day though, Lawny. 

On 3 August 2016 at 8:45 AM, dentalplan said:

Right here's what I got. I nicked the Regina Spektor on Park suggestion because it's a good one.

Py: Depeche Mode, Frank Ocean, The National, Clean Bandit, Blossoms, Stormzy, Omar Souleyman*
OS: Pendulum, George Ezra, London Grammar, Slaves, First Aid Kit, Mastodon, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard*
JP: The Flaming Lips, The Horrors, Everything Everything, Young Fathers
Pa: FKA twigs, Regina Spektor, Polica*
WH: Flume, Four Tet, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals*

Py: Ed Sheeran, Sia, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Haim, Charli XCX, Vintage Trouble
OS: The xx, The War on Drugs, Primal Scream, Die Antwoord, Wild Beasts, Rat Boy, Calexico
JP: Bon Iver, Miguel, NAO, White Lies
Pa: Crystal Fighters, Grandaddy, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
WH: Alabama Shakes, The Avalanches, Blood Orange*

Py: Radiohead, Elbow, James Bay, Diana Ross, Jack Garratt, Goat*
OS: Major Lazer, Boy Better Know, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, St. Vincent, Peace, The Levellers
JP: Courteeners, Crystal Castles, The Shins, The Kills
Pa: Warpaint, Sleaford Mods, Lianne La Havas
WH: Jamiroquai, Daryl Hall & John Oates, Toots & the Maytals

* - would be a slot or two earlier but I didn't wanna try pad it out.

also I think Pendulum was a space saver because I took out SHM and couldn't think of anything else but there it is now I suppose.

I like you dental but this is just baffling. Some acts are waaay too high... I'm still convinced that Gorillaz are the returning headliner

i'm thinking top two for pyramid will be

Radiohead subbed by Bon Iver

Ed Sheeran subbed by Lorde

Gorillaz subbed by Sia