Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

11 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Royal blood are playing on Friday as they're in Germany on Saturday and Sunday

Is that definite? Their tour dates just say they're playing hurricane and southside across fri 23th to sun 25th. Doesn't specify the day on there. So they might do Germany on Friday and Sunday and glasto on Saturday?

Edited by doosrawin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, doosrawin said:

Is that definite? Their tour dates just say they're playing hurricane and southside across fri 23th to sun 25th. Doesn't specify the day on there. So they might do Germany on Friday and Sunday and glasto on Saturday?

Doesn't make much sense though, does it? Especially considering they're already in the UK on the Thursdsay.

48 minutes ago, doosrawin said:

They're not going to fly from Germany to the UK then back to Germany. Think. 

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead / The xx / Royal Blood / Stormzy / HAIM / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest
Other: Major Lazer / Emeli Sande / The Flaming Lips / London Grammar / Circa Waves
West Holts: ??? / Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals / Sampha / Thundercat / Songhoy Blues / Nadia Rose
John Peel: Future Islands / Halsey / Wiley / Tove Lo
Park: Moderat / Mark Lanegan / Sleaford Mods / Temples / Lisa Hannigan

Saturday:
Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Biffy Clyro / Lorde / Kaiser Chiefs / Craig David / Clean Bandit
Other: alt-J / Boy Better Know / Courteeners / Run the Jewels
West Holts: The Jacksons / Solange / The Avalanches / Toots and the Maytals / BadBadNotGood
John Peel: Dizzee Rascal / Goldfrapp / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Declan McKenna / Loyle Carner
Park: Warpaint / Ride / Joe Goddard / Angel Olsen / The Moonlandingz

Sunday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / Katy Perry / Chic / Barry Gibb / Laura Marling / Rag'n'Bone Man
Other: The National / George Ezra / Phoenix / Father John Misty / Glass Animals / Wild Beasts / British Sea Power
West Holts: Justice
John Peel: Metronomy / First Aid Kit / Girl Ray / All We Are
Park: Cinematic Orchestra / Little Dragon / The Can Project / The Lemon Twigs

Silver Hayes: Annie Mac / Kano / DJ Shadow / Nines / Shaggy / Boys Noize / Kurupt FM / Noisia
Acoustic: Ani DiFranco / Martha Wainright
Avalon: Birdy
Glade: Sasha and John Digweed

Dynamo - Dunno if it's the magician or the band that seems to exist.

That ??? on Friday WH is Bonobo but I didn't wanna start adding in other acts yet. Obviously once you get lower down on the stages the days are just random really.

Edit: Before people say it, I think Stormzy and Wiley are only on Saturday Other on the rumours page is because Neil thought they were somehow involved with BBK (he mentioned earlier that he was told about Stormzy/Wiley etc headlining it on the Saturday which makes no sense). Think he just assumed they were all one thing and would be performing together or something. That info clearly was duff as it included Justice headlining Other. Apologies if this explanation is unclear.

Edited by Will-2609

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I'd take that all day long Will. Good job. I fear your positioning of the Lips might be wishful thinking though.

How so? You think they'll clash with Radiohead? Not even really wishful thinking on my part, I don't know much from em and I'd be hoping for something to slot in above .Paak on WH so I could see him as my Radiohead sub.

34 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Pyramid: Radiohead / The xx / Royal Blood / Stormzy / HAIM / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest
Other: Major Lazer / Emeli Sande / The Flaming Lips / London Grammar / Circa Waves
West Holts: ??? / Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals / Sampha / Thundercat / Songhoy Blues / Nadia Rose
John Peel: Future Islands / Halsey / Wiley / Tove Lo
Park: Moderat / Mark Lanegan / Sleaford Mods / Temples / Lisa Hannigan

Saturday:
Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Biffy Clyro / Lorde / Kaiser Chiefs / Craig David / Clean Bandit
Other: alt-J / Boy Better Know / Courteeners / Run the Jewels
West Holts: The Jacksons / Solange / The Avalanches / Toots and the Maytals / BadBadNotGood
John Peel: Dizzee Rascal / Goldfrapp / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Declan McKenna / Loyle Carner
Park: Warpaint / Ride / Joe Goddard / Angel Olsen / The Moonlandingz

Sunday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / Katy Perry / Chic / Barry Gibb / Laura Marling / Rag'n'Bone Man
Other: The National / George Ezra / Phoenix / Father John Misty / Glass Animals / Wild Beasts / British Sea Power
West Holts: Justice
John Peel: Metronomy / First Aid Kit / Girl Ray / All We Are
Park: Cinematic Orchestra / Little Dragon / The Can Project / The Lemon Twigs

Go on then r kid, that's pretty much as nice and clash free as we're likely to see (although I wouldn't mind Bonobo or RTJ taking that Friday night WH slot).

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Oii I like this green idea. Props.

Happy to be of service matey. If you get tired of that one, come to me for some more recommendations, I reckon you'll like such hues as red and blue when you're ready.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

8 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

How so? You think they'll clash with Radiohead? Not even really wishful thinking on my part, I don't know much from em and I'd be hoping for something to slot in above .Paak on WH so I could see him as my Radiohead sub.

I'm not sure if their live set up will work in a non-headline slot, which unfortunately does mean a Radiohead clash. I won't accept it until we get the full breakdown though - if seems like such a silly clash. Especially considering they subbed RH in 2003.

9 hours ago, defrio29 said:

Yeah I agree, definitely think Stormzy is doing an early pyramid stage slot like Skepta did last year

Neil had info that he was on the Other stage which is why people are sticking him there, although what with some of the other info about people on the Other (Justice for example) probably being wrong and there being a lack of an obvious hip-hop act to go there then yeah, it'd make sense.

54 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm not sure if their live set up will work in a non-headline slot, which unfortunately does mean a Radiohead clash. I won't accept it until we get the full breakdown though - if seems like such a silly clash. Especially considering they subbed RH in 2003.

Check the Lips thread, theory is Other Sub according to a Facebook event timing (early straw clutching)

56 minutes ago, jparx said:

They're subbing Boardmasters.

Based on Will's and my previous predictions:

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead, The xx, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson, Shaggy, Kate Tempest

Other: Major Lazer, The Flaming Lips, The Courteeners, Dizzee Rascal, Sleaford Mods, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Temples

JP: Future Islands, Halsey, Wiley, Tove Lo

WH: Unknown, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Sampha, Songhoy Blues

Park: First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen, The Moonlandingz

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Chic, Lorde, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, Haim, Declan McKenna

Other: Alt J, Boy Better Know, George Ezra

JP: Run the Jewels, Goldfrapp, British Sea Power

WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots and the Maytals, BadBadNotGood

Park: Warpaint, Ride

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Emile Sande, Barry Gibb, Rag ‘n’ Bone Man, Clean Bandit, London Grammar

Other: The National, The Flaming Lips, Phoenix, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, Wild Beasts

JP: Metronomy, Circa Waves, Cinematic Orchestra, All We Are

WH: Justice, Moderat, Thundercat

Park: Laura Marling, Little Dragon, The CAN Project, The Lemon Twigs

4 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Check the Lips thread, theory is Other Sub according to a Facebook event timing (early straw clutching)

That would probably mean a clash with either The National or The xx, which would still be pants! Although I'd see them over The xx without hesitation.

19 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Based on Will's and my previous predictions:

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead, The xx, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson, Shaggy, Kate Tempest

Other: Major Lazer, The Flaming Lips, The Courteeners, Dizzee Rascal, Sleaford Mods, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Temples

JP: Future Islands, Halsey, Wiley, Tove Lo

WH: Unknown, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Sampha, Songhoy Blues

Park: First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen, The Moonlandingz

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Chic, Lorde, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, Haim, Declan McKenna

Other: Alt J, Boy Better Know, George Ezra

JP: Run the Jewels, Goldfrapp, British Sea Power

WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots and the Maytals, BadBadNotGood

Park: Warpaint, Ride

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Emile Sande, Barry Gibb, Rag ‘n’ Bone Man, Clean Bandit, London Grammar

Other: The National, The Flaming Lips, Phoenix, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, Wild Beasts

JP: Metronomy, Circa Waves, Cinematic Orchestra, All We Are

WH: Justice, Moderat, Thundercat

Park: Laura Marling, Little Dragon, The CAN Project, The Lemon Twigs

The Flaming Lips are not playing twice at Glastonbury 2017.