Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If The National are doing anything other than headlining Other or subbing Radiohead then they're gonna die on their arse. After the Beck fiasco last year I hope/think the organisers would be smart enough to not make the same mistake again.

They did the same thing with Nick Cave so they obviously haven't 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

London Grammar to open the Sunday Pyramid? Surely they'll be given a much better slot than that

5 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead, The xx, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson, Shaggy, Kate Tempest

Other: Major Lazer, The Flaming Lips, The Courteeners, Dizzee Rascal, Sleaford Mods, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Temples

JP: Future Islands, Halsey, Wiley, Tove Lo

WH: Unknown, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Sampha, Songhoy Blues

Park: First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen, The Moonlandingz

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Chic, Lorde, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, Haim, Declan McKenna

Other: Alt J, Boy Better Know, George Ezra

JP: Run the Jewels, Goldfrapp, British Sea Power

WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots and the Maytals, BadBadNotGood

Park: Warpaint, Ride

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Emile Sande, Barry Gibb, Rag ‘n’ Bone Man, Clean Bandit, London Grammar

Other: The National, Phoenix, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, Wild Beasts

JP: Metronomy, Circa Waves, Cinematic Orchestra, All We Are

WH: Justice, Moderat, Thundercat

Park: Laura Marling, Little Dragon, The CAN Project, The Lemon Twigs

Edited to remove the 2nd Flaming Lips. I think the other on Sunday is set up nicely to oppose what's going on on the pyramid. Like Will, I'm not going to predict acts who haven't been announced but I can also see Bonobo headlining West Holts on the Friday.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I know alt-J are doing it but most acts doing Hurricane/Southside tend not to play Saturday here and I imagine Lorde will be the same, though tbh I am struggling to fit her in.

Alt-J's band page has them down for Friday & Sunday for Hurricane/Southside so they have to play the Saturday at Glastonbury.

Lorde could be swapped with Emile Sande in my prediction.

6 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Surely it's the XX before Radiohead, they're already subbing them in Coachella I think and it just wouldn't work, like PEndulum in to Beyonce a few years back. Totally makes sense to keep the pop vibes going between Perry into Ed and the rock vibes from the XX into Yorko and the lads

The xx don't really have rock vibes, but they are a good fit before Radiohead 

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

Alt-J's band page has them down for Friday & Sunday for Hurricane/Southside so they have to play the Saturday at Glastonbury.

Lorde could be swapped with Emile Sande in my prediction.

Oh I know, I never said otherwise, just that I think Lorde will be on Friday or Sunday to fit in with that. I was thinking other sub but Flaming Lips have ruined that and I doubt they'd clash her with Katy Perry, so I could well be wrong on the day thing but seems logical.

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Still no chance. They are bigger than RnG man and Clean bandit.

So if London Grammar were put above RnB man (what's RnG?) and Clean Bandit you'd be happy?

I feel that's possible. I can't really gauge London Grammar's popularity right now hence why I've safely put them there.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Oh I know, I never said otherwise, just that I think Lorde will be on Friday or Sunday to fit in with that. I was thinking other sub but Flaming Lips have ruined that and I doubt they'd clash her with Katy Perry, so I could well be wrong on the day thing but seems logical.

I had Emile Sande in that Flips slot. Flips being the Friday other sub complicated things a little.

I'm intrigued to see where Lorde is placed.

4 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

So if London Grammar were put above RnB man (what's RnG?) and Clean Bandit you'd be happy?

I feel that's possible. I can't really gauge London Grammar's popularity right now hence why I've safely put them there.

Ha! Rag n Grime man - Collab with stormzy. There's your Sunday collaboration.

Yeah LG are a bigger deal I'd say. But I still can't see them on the Pyramid. Third down on Other in my book.

Just now, mjsell said:

Ha! Rag n Grime man - Collab with stormzy. There's your Sunday collaboration.

Yeah LG are a bigger deal I'd say. But I still can't see them on the Pyramid. Third down on Other in my book.

I think those slots will be interchangeable this year (5th/6th down pyramid, 3rd down other that is). I have no rational reason for London Grammar being on the pyramid, it's just a hunch.

7 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Not all the acts have been announced. There are typically 8 acts on the Pyramid each day and I have 7 there.

George Ezra isn't opening the other on the Saturday.

I can see London Grammar being on the JP, the Other or the Park, but not so early on a Sunday, especially when the rest of that Sunday is disco and pop, it would be a weird hiccup in the schedluing imo.

I know there are typically 8 acts, but I suppose I could have slid the 8th in anywhere, it wasn't clear you meant there was an unannounced act before LG

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wasn't there so can't comment but wasn't Nick Cave's set regarded as a success and not the horrible immediately noticeable embarrassment that Becks was?

Wasn't there either but I disagree that Beck's set was embarrassing. I only stayed for half as I popped off to see PJ but I thought it was great. Either way its the same kinda booking- if Nick Cave generally went down better then that's Nick Cave's doing. 

I don't see The National before Foos (or either Sheeran, but that'll be KP) as any different to those two or others they've done in the past like Cohen before The Verve or Nick Cave again before Blur, so certainly wouldn't rule it out. 

Just now, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I can see London Grammar being on the JP, the Other or the Park, but not so early on a Sunday, especially when the rest of that Sunday is disco and pop, it would be a weird hiccup in the schedluing imo.

I know there are typically 8 acts, but I suppose I could have slid the 8th in anywhere, it wasn't clear you meant there was an unannounced act before LG

London Grammar headlined the JP last time they were there so that completely rules out JP or Park. It's Pyramid or other for them.

If the 8th act could've slid in anywhere, I'm baffled that you made a point of me having London Grammar opening the pyramid when you knew that might not be the case ;)

2 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

London Grammar headlined the JP last time they were there so that completely rules out JP or Park. It's Pyramid or other for them.

If the 8th act could've slid in anywhere, I'm baffled that you made a point of me having London Grammar opening the pyramid when you knew that might not be the case ;)

I'm baffled you thought an act could go from headlining JP to 2nd on the pyramid after coming back with a long awaited second album ;)

1 minute ago, The Placid Casual said:

Hmm, looking at it @mjsell, London Grammar could slide in on the Sunday other, before or after Phoenix.

Before Phoenix would work yeah

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead, The xx, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson, Shaggy, Kate Tempest

Other: Major Lazer, The Flaming Lips, The Courteeners, Dizzee Rascal, Sleaford Mods, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Temples

JP: Future Islands, Halsey, Wiley, Tove Lo, Declan McKenna

WH: Unknown, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Sampha, Songhoy Blues

Park: First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen, The Moonlandingz

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Chic, Lorde, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, Haim

Other: Alt J, Boy Better Know, George Ezra

JP: Run the Jewels, Goldfrapp, British Sea Power

WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots and the Maytals, BadBadNotGood

Park: Warpaint, Ride

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Emile Sande, Barry Gibb, Rag ‘n’ Bone Man, Clean Bandit

Other: The National, Phoenix, London Grammar, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, Wild Beasts

JP: Metronomy, Circa Waves, Cinematic Orchestra, All We Are

WH: Justice, Moderat, Thundercat

Park: Laura Marling, Little Dragon, The CAN Project, The Lemon Twigs

Fuck it.

Edited by The Placid Casual

3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Jeez, I wasn't trying to be arsey. You're baffled because on the list they're first on and I didn't make the leap that they might or might not be second on?!

Have a cup of chai mate and chill out