Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Put all of @Will-2609's prediction onto a clashfinder (with a few switch-arounds due to new information, and a few clashes coming up that just wouldn't happen) and here it is, before they take it all off! Have fun with it guys

can u send a link to that clashfinder?

edit: nevermind, I've found it - https:///s/g2017/?user=0a3xs6.p5

Edited by rhg_99

14 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

Friday is looking like a massive clash. 

I though circa waves were down to play at around 3ish?

Yeah 3.10 apparently for Circa Waves.

Also thought Ride were Park Friday. I'd have thrown Future Islands JP and The Courteeners on the Other.

Its defo getting closer though.

16 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah 3.10 apparently for Circa Waves.

Also thought Ride were Park Friday. I'd have thrown Future Islands JP and The Courteeners on the Other.

Its defo getting closer though.

Are Ride definitely Park Friday? That was on the @Will-2609 prediction though I thought there would be more clashes with Ride up against Radiohead and Courteeners up against Foo Fighters. I understand Future Islands can only do the Friday so I kept them there but wasn't aware that Ride were already confirmed for Park on Friday. Thought they would work in the day on the Other stage, so I put them up against Katy Perry on Saturday instead. Also moved Circa Waves to 3:10pm, thought it was weird for them to clash with Royal Blood.

Edited by Acid_Haze

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Is the info for Friday? I knew it was Other but Friday seems a weird say to play given they're in Oslo on the Thursday.

Yeah I think the only time I've heard Other was Friday Other. Their schedule is weird regardless given they're playing UK on Tuesday, Wednesday then the following Monday.

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Small nitpick but 10 years of hessle audio is ben UFO, Pangaea, Pearson Sound. Unless they are all doing solo sets before a b2b at the end

That was me. They looked to have different headers when it was acts performing under one collective name so I think it could be solo but not long to wait to find out.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think the only time I've heard Other was Friday Other. Their schedule is weird regardless given they're playing UK on Tuesday, Wednesday then the following Monday.

That was me. They looked to have different headers when it was acts performing under one collective name so I think it could be solo but not long to wait to find out.

Ah ok cheers, yeah they do seem to just go anywhere but figured it'd make more sense to play later in the weekend closer to the Monday gig. 

Friday - Elbow, most of the Coral, Lemon Twigs, First Aid Kit, Royal Blood, The xx and Radiohead 

Saturday - At the Park from the Big Moon to Hamilton Leithauser and everything in between (great run of acts there), The National, Solange and RTJ

Sunday - Spring King, Whitney, Honeyblood, Laura Marling, Real Estate, HAIM and Justice

That would pretty much be the most stacked my card has ever been. Ridiculously strong on all three days.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
Forgot about Hamilton

9 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Are Ride definitely Park Friday? That was on the @Will-2609 prediction though I thought there would be more clashes with Ride up against Radiohead and Courteeners up against Foo Fighters. I understand Future Islands can only do the Friday so I kept them there but wasn't aware that Ride were already confirmed for Park on Friday. Thought they would work in the day on the Other stage, so I put them up against Katy Perry on Saturday instead. Also moved Circa Waves to 3:10pm, thought it was weird for them to clash with Royal Blood.

Not definate mate, sure someone asked them and the Park was mentioned. 

2 hours ago, 6t6o6m said:

Friday is looking like a massive clash. 

I though circa waves were down to play at around 3ish?

Yep we first got told 6:10 and then yesterday he told us it's actually 3:10. That prediction is from when we thought it was 6:10.

1 hour ago, mf_2005 said:

Do we have info that Courteeners are headlining JP? That's news to me

Nope, Neil told us when he first got info on them that they were Pyramid or Other'

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Ride liked someone's comment on fb saying that they hope they're headlining the Park so they can use their strobes. Think that's all we've got on that one.

49 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I also didn't think we had any day-specific info on Whitney. All I read was Other Stage.

Oh hang on I think I've got that confused. I think we originally heard Friday Park but I suppose the day could have changed also if they're not doing anything else in Europe and have a UK gig on Monday.

Looking at that clashfinder this is going to be a tricky one, every day looks absolutely stacked for me! Nightmare clashes in the 2nd/3rd down spots, with strong headliners on all 3 nights (Radiohead, RTJ, Justice) but strong back up options too

Does anyone else think the line up is particularly strong this year? I can't tell whether I've just been listening to a lot more new music etc or it's stronger than recent years

Based on that clashfinder, probably looking at...

Friday: Elbow - Kris Kristofferson - Cigarettes After Sex - Mitski - Margo Price - Angel Olsen - The XX - Radiohead

Saturday: The Big Moon - Songhoy Blues - Father John Misty - Thundercat - Stormzy - Katy Perry - The National - Phoenix - Run the Jewels

Sunday: October Drift - Whitney - Michael Kiwanuka - Laura Marling - Barry Gibb - Chic - Biffy Clyro - Ed Sheeran.

If I confirm The XX for another show this summer, I'll aim to squeeze in Flips and Lorde instead - the double Pyramid/Other trek to squeeze the latter in before Radiohead is going to be a killer, so would rather not risk it. 
If that last trio on Saturday comes to pass, that's a no-brainer. Stonking threesome. And Sunday is - for the most part - a nice easy day at the Pyramid with recognisable bangers. Sorted!