Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

1 hour ago, Ovechkin said:

Here's a few of the more recent quotes from Noel about RH. I do love both bands, but Noel, as always, is hilarious. 

2015 - "I’m aware that Radiohead have never had a fucking bad review. I reckon if Thom Yorke fucking shit into a light bulb and started blowing it like an empty beer bottle it’d probably get 9 out of 10 in fucking Mojo. I’m aware of that.” 

2015 - "They were great. And then Thom started singing"

2011- I don't own any of their records, but every time I've seen them live, they've fucking blown me away. It was like, 'Wow, fucking listen to that! How do you fucking make that shit come out of those speakers

He's on much better terms with both Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters (who used to sub Oasis a long time ago IIRC). The Damon Albarn relation have been mended for years, Noel doing backin vocals on the lastest Gorillaz single: We got the power etc.

That's a compliment. It just shows that he flip-flops on what he has to say about bands.

As said, despite him saying all this stuff about them being miserable or overrated; he's also said he likes them, enjoys them live, that they've got great lyrics, are one of the most important bands since the Beatles, The Bends is "the bollocks", Karma Police is "mega", and that Oasis are music to put your arm around your mate to whereas Radiohead are forward thinking progressive rock music.

Maybe he is more likely to be spotted chatting to Dave Grohl or popping up to collaborate with Ed Sheeran but I don't think that means he's gonna kick off if he's asked to sub Radiohead instead. If anything I'm not sure I could see Radiohead wanting him on before them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's a compliment. It just shows that he flip-flops on what he has to say about bands.

oops obviously :-)

But still, there isn't even a mutual respect between them. Thom replied to a Noel comment in the mid 00 about university, saying it taught him to respect other musicians. Sure that was a decade ago, but the quotes on bends, kid A and karma police are older. 

He can appreciate their music but doesn't like them at all, he like to bash them in the media whenever asked about them. He don't need the publicity or the money and he'll get his VIP passes anyway, so if thats the only slot offered and he don't fancy it, he just won't do it.

Noel personally asked Ed Sheeran to play that cancer fundraiser he's curating, Foo Fighters repeatedly over the years declared admiration for Oasis. The only fitting slot for NGHFB is pyramid sub, but why some have him sub RH is beyond me. who knows? As Liam likes to point out, Noel is taking more and more U-turns. 

Edited by Ovechkin

Might as well get another one in before we're hit with the poster. Finally filled all positions on the 5 main stages.

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead / Elbow / Chic / A Tribe Called Quest / Blossoms / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest / Junun ft. Shye Ben Tzur & the Rajasthan Express
Other: Justice / Royal Blood / Courteeners / Liam Gallagher / Circa Waves / Charli XCX / The Coral / Feeder / The Kooks (Special Guests)
West Holts: Grace Jones / Royksöpp / Young Fathers / MØ / Sampha / Seu Jorge / Baloji / Nadia Rose
John Peel: Run the Jewels / Goldfrapp / Ride / Real Estate / James Vincent McMorrow / Rae Morris / The Hunna / Declan McKenna / Cabbage / The Japanese House / The Ramona Flowers
Park: Soulwax / Mark Lanegan Band / The xx (secret set) / Joe Goddard / Hamilton Leithauser / Margo Price / Deep Throat Choir / Julia Jacklin / The Lemon Twigs / The Parrots

Saturday:
Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs / Emeli Sande / Craig David / HAIM / Twin Atlantic / NAO / Omar Souleyman
Other: alt-J / Boy Better Know / Stormzy / Metronomy / Glass Animals / Slaves / Wiley / Sundara Karma / Tom Chaplin 
West Holts: The Jacksons / Solange / The Avalanches / Toots and the Maytals / Songhoy Blues / United Vibrations / Canalón de Timbiquí / Afriquoi
John Peel: Bonobo / First Aid Kit / Crystal Fighters / Jagwar Ma / Mura Masa / Shura / Maggie Rogers / Honeyblood / The Sherlocks / The Amazons / Cigarettes After Sex
Park: Warpaint / Grandaddy / Martha Reeves and the Vandellas / Thurston Moore Group / BadBadNotGood / Mitski / Preoccupations / Temples / Sunflower Bean / The Big Moon

Sunday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / The Weeknd / Lorde / Barry Gibb / Clean Bandit / Rag'n'Bone Man / Ibibio Sound Machine / Black Dyke Band
Other: The xx / Imagine Dragons / London Grammar / Father John Misty / The Kills / Wild Beasts / British Sea Power / Rat Boy / Spring King
West Holts: Jamiroquai / DJ Shadow / Miguel / Netsky / Tinariwen / Sinkane / Orchestra Baobab / Kabaka Pyramid and the Bebble Rockers
John Peel: The Flaming Lips / Laura Marling / White Lies / Public Service Broadcasting / of Montreal / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / SOHN / Loyle Carner / Fickle Friends / Let's Eat Grandma / October Drift
Park: The Cinematic Orchestra / Teenage Fanclub / Benjamin Clementine / Angel Olsen / Sleaford Mods / Pond / Agnes Obel / Whitney / The Moonlandingz / Formation

48 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Might as well get another one in before we're hit with the poster. Finally filled all positions on the 5 main stages.

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead / Elbow / Chic / A Tribe Called Quest / Blossoms / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest / Junun ft. Shye Ben Tzur & the Rajasthan Express
Other: Justice / Royal Blood / Courteeners / Liam Gallagher / Circa Waves / Charli XCX / The Coral / Feeder / The Kooks (Special Guests)
West Holts: Grace Jones / Royksöpp / Young Fathers / MØ / Sampha / Seu Jorge / Baloji / Nadia Rose
John Peel: Run the Jewels / Goldfrapp / Ride / Real Estate / James Vincent McMorrow / Rae Morris / The Hunna / Declan McKenna / Cabbage / The Japanese House / The Ramona Flowers
Park: Soulwax / Mark Lanegan Band / The xx (secret set) / Joe Goddard / Hamilton Leithauser / Margo Price / Deep Throat Choir / Julia Jacklin / The Lemon Twigs / The Parrots

Saturday:
Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs / Emeli Sande / Craig David / HAIM / Twin Atlantic / NAO / Omar Souleyman
Other: alt-J / Boy Better Know / Stormzy / Metronomy / Glass Animals / Slaves / Wiley / Sundara Karma / Tom Chaplin 
West Holts: The Jacksons / Solange / The Avalanches / Toots and the Maytals / Songhoy Blues / United Vibrations / Canalón de Timbiquí / Afriquoi
John Peel: Bonobo / First Aid Kit / Crystal Fighters / Jagwar Ma / Mura Masa / Shura / Maggie Rogers / Honeyblood / The Sherlocks / The Amazons / Cigarettes After Sex
Park: Warpaint / Grandaddy / Martha Reeves and the Vandellas / Thurston Moore Group / BadBadNotGood / Mitski / Preoccupations / Temples / Sunflower Bean / The Big Moon

Sunday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / The Weeknd / Lorde / Barry Gibb / Clean Bandit / Rag'n'Bone Man / Ibibio Sound Machine / Black Dyke Band
Other: The xx / Imagine Dragons / London Grammar / Father John Misty / The Kills / Wild Beasts / British Sea Power / Rat Boy / Spring King
West Holts: Jamiroquai / DJ Shadow / Miguel / Netsky / Tinariwen / Sinkane / Orchestra Baobab / Kabaka Pyramid and the Bebble Rockers
John Peel: The Flaming Lips / Laura Marling / White Lies / Public Service Broadcasting / of Montreal / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / SOHN / Loyle Carner / Fickle Friends / Let's Eat Grandma / October Drift
Park: The Cinematic Orchestra / Teenage Fanclub / Benjamin Clementine / Angel Olsen / Sleaford Mods / Pond / Agnes Obel / Whitney / The Moonlandingz / Formation

Well you've presented me with quite a few problems there. Don't think I've ever had a 5 way headliner clash, but that Friday....

Plus I'd have a 4 way clash with the Sat headliners and an horrendous choice to make between The XX and The Flaming Lips Sunday. 

That's without going into the undercard! 

47 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead / Elbow / Chic A Tribe Called Quest / Blossoms / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest / Junun ft. Shye Ben Tzur & the Rajasthan Express

Saturday:
Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs /Emeli Sande / Craig David /  HAIM / Twin Atlantic / NAO / Omar Souleyman

Sunday:

That Friday is awesome, but RTJ vs Radiohead vs Soulwax, nooooooo

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Lack of Gaga there but pretty good effort, but those clashes are gruesome as so many :(

17 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Lack of Gaga there but pretty good effort, but those clashes are gruesome as so many :(

Yeah took her out and moved Kaisers up to sub and stuck Sande in below them. Both them and her feel like unrealistic subs but I guess we're more likely to get an unrealistically weak one than an unrealistically strong one.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah took her out and moved Kaisers up to sub and stuck Sande in below them. Both them and her feel like unrealistic subs but I guess we're more likely to get an unrealistically weak one than an unrealistically strong one.

I'm still praying but your prediction is probably more likely  :(

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

it's like you went into my head and pulled nerves to drive me crazy with clashes

Edited by guitarbhoy1888

10 minutes ago, smudger said:

Nah Friday's clash is Radiohead V Chase & Status on the Other..........

Yeah I Can understand that too. I've been lucky to see C&S a couple of times already, but Soulwax and RTJ would be first timers for me so that would jeopardise Radiohead seriously for me, altho I've seen them 4 times now. Based on that I'm veering towards RTJ

37 minutes ago, Divein said:

I always chuckle when reading this thread because everyone gets so worked up about clashes on made up line ups.

But come on Radiohead vs Soulwax please don't do this! 

I always like the way people clearly put loads of effort into it with 100's of acts and the first response is........ XXX can't play Friday! 

On 25/03/2017 at 8:31 PM, Will-2609 said:

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Haim, A Tribe Called Quest
Other: Major Lazer, London Grammar, Courteneers, Liam Gallagher, (Elbow Opening).

Saturday:
Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Bon Iver, Lorde, Craig David's TS5
Other: Alt J, Boy Better Know, Stormzy, Metronomy

Sunday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Chic ft. Nile Rogers, Barry Gib, Blossoms
Other: Justice, Imagine Dragons,

lol what has happened to my formatting

3 minutes ago, across97 said:

So providing rumours and logical placements are true. Could we be seeing the Saturday at the pyramid being Craig David > Kaiser Chiefs > Royal Blood > Biffy > Foos?

That's bloody strong.

Royal blood are playing on Friday as they're in Germany on Saturday and Sunday