Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was meaning as the main event.  Ed's obviously the likeliest suspect, but if he's *not* doing it then there aren't dozens of other likely contenders.

Who are the likely contenders? Ed and Gaga are two (although I still think Gaga is a sub). Rhianna and Daft Punk seem less likely. Don't think it will be the Foos as they've already got two guitar bands and they won't come back just for GF. Who else is there?

Maybe they've thrown a curve ball and got someone like Madonna? Someone who hasn't announced any plans yet?

The Stone Roses, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Kendrick Lamar (if he is indeed headlining Coachella), Beyoncé, U2, other random returners like Paul McCartney, probably some more I've forgotten before you move onto the likes of KOL.

Edit: but it's obviously gonna be Sheeran and the Roses

Edited by Will-2609

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Who are the likely contenders? Ed and Gaga are two (although I still think Gaga is a sub). Rhianna and Daft Punk seem less likely. Don't think it will be the Foos as they've already got two guitar bands and they won't come back just for GF. Who else is there?

Maybe they've thrown a curve ball and got someone like Madonna? Someone who hasn't announced any plans yet?

Rihanna will never do it now, past her peak 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

So, with Neil's Radiohead info having come from the same source, the Roses are looking even more nailed on than ever then.

Yep.

I've actually got two of the same sources for that as I had for RH, but for different reasons (and no offence meant to the sources) I don't quiet feel i can take either as certain - tho I will be hugely surprised if Roses turns out to be wrong.

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yep.

I've actually got two of the same sources for that as I had for RH, but for different reasons (and no offence meant to the sources) I don't quiet feel i can take either as certain - tho I will be hugely surprised if Roses turns out to be wrong.

I hope not.  I've got £270 quid riding on your info being good!

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does this give a green light to Lady Gaga?

I listened to Perfect Illusion the other day because Lars from the Black Keys was ripping Homme's guitarwork and it's just baffling. She sounds like on Eurovision when they try to sing in English, even though it's her mother tongue. That shit's gonna brick.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Yep.

This makes me soooo happy!