Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if Emily has the odd glimpse at the eFests rumours page, reads out a few of them to Nick, and they chuckle gleefully at how far off we all are, and what they've got up their collective sleeve. (They make so little from the festival that they can only afford one coat between them in these chilly times).

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I highly doubt she's read all our guesses, so I'd say it just rules out the ones rumoured in papers and stuff (if she's telling the truth).

Has anyone been properly rumoured other than ELO?

I was thinking exactly this. Has Elton been rumoured outside of this site? I don't think I've seen much speculation in papers other than ELO, Manilow and Leo bloody Sayer. 

I still think it's Elton.

3 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

I`m sticking with the Jacksons as my guess. Obviously a man down but they have the tunes.

https://youtu.be/JquzYr-5bE4

even though i thoroughly enjoyed them at Bestival this year (they still got the moves!) they'd seem like a step down from the previous years legend acts imo

interesting that she thinks they haven't been mentioned much in the press. also interesting that she says it was a recent booking when Chris Evans seemed to think he knew who it was a fair few weeks back. imo, i think ELO will be there, but possibly on after the Sunday legend, and that's who Evans was whispering about

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

interesting that she thinks they haven't been mentioned much in the press.

Doesn't Emily or Michael always say that about headliners though? "It's none of the bands that have been rumoured" when most of the time it is someone that has been rumoured for a long time; apart from when Emily said it about The Who last time because nobody really because that rumour was binned because of the clashing tour date. Either way I wouldn't read much into it - it's probably just hyperbole.

Edited by dentalplan

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎21‎:‎06‎:‎24, DiscothequeDave said:

Anyone mentioned the Quo yet?

No.

Saw them in '09 lunchtime on the pyramid. Perhaps the most predictable act I've ever seen - exactly how I expected them to be. Not bad, but not really my thing. I don't think they're really the stuff of legends though. I mean, they tour quite frequently, usually hitting up the Swindon Oasis leisure centre, so outside a hardcore following, they're not really Lionel or Dolly exciting. But I get it, the crowd singing along to' Rockin' all over the world' certainly was fun.

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

No.

Saw them in '09 lunchtime on the pyramid. Perhaps the most predictable act I've ever seen - exactly how I expected them to be. Not bad, but not really my thing. I don't think they're really the stuff of legends though. I mean, they tour quite frequently, usually hitting up the Swindon Oasis leisure centre, so outside a hardcore following, they're not really Lionel or Dolly exciting. But I get it, the crowd singing along to' Rockin' all over the world' certainly was fun.

100,000 people in double denim.

Any thoughts on Dylan playing it next year? I have no idea what his plans are and I know he's past his best, but a setlist consisting of songs from 65-66 in support of the new Bootleg release would be unbelievably awesome in my opinion. I think if he commits to play that kind of set then he could EASILY own that slot.

Desolation Row on the Pyramid Stage? Oh my.

Edited by jparx
Spelling

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Any thoughts on Dylan playing it next year? I have no idea what his plans are and I know he's past his best, but a setlist consisting of songs from 65-66 in support of the new Bootleg release would be unbelievably awesome in my opinion. I think if he commits to play that kind of set then he could EASILY own that slot.

Desolation Row on the Pyramid Stage? Oh my.

That's really not how Dylan works though, is it? He's not one for the nostalgia circuit or for faithfully reproducing his back catalogue. I can't imagine anything less likely, thank God. I love him to pieces for many many reasons, one if them being that he wont ever do something like that.

Edited by Mardy