Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

If it's Manilow, 2016 is shaping up to be Year Shit. Hardly any of the rumours are doing anything for me. I'll be spending the festival working my way around the food stalls, methinks...

Agree completely.

If all the rumours are true, my ticket is in danger of being sold!.

Not one serious rumour is anything but awful for me thus far.

20 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Agree completely.

Do the pyramid headliners, other headliners and legend slot really make or break your festival? It's not really what it's all about, if so your ticket is better off back in the pot 

24 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Agree completely.

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Do the pyramid headliners, other headliners and legend slot really make or break your festival? It's not really what it's all about, if so your ticket is better off back in the pot 

@Billy Corgan's Ego It's a cliché, but true - the undercard is where it's at.  Things always look particularly grim around this time, as you only tend to hear rumour about the more mainstream (I.e. shit) acts at this time of year. 

In years gone by, I've got into acts like Battles and Jon Hopkins simply because they were playing and were mentioned on here.  There is no way that smaller, quality acts like that will be discussed for at least a couple of months.  The good stuff is coming, just sit tight and it will appear, honest.

There are lots and lots of bands who end up playing, so far we've not had enough serious rumours to fill a single stage for a single day.  There will be loads of music and there will be plenty of great bands in there.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was recently reading a reappraisal of An Innocent Man somewhere or other which seemed to indicate that it's actually quite good.

Never heard it, mind.

Right, my job for today is to become a Billy Joel fan so I can get disappointed when the legend is announced. Either that or find out I hate him, so I get disappointed when it turns out I was right (which is unlikely).

Ah, sweet disappointment beckons!

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@Billy Corgan's Ego It's a cliché, but true - the undercard is where it's at.  Things always look particularly grim around this time, as you only tend to hear rumour about the more mainstream (I.e. shit) acts at this time of year. 

In years gone by, I've got into acts like Battles and Jon Hopkins simply because they were playing and were mentioned on here.  There is no way that smaller, quality acts like that will be discussed for at least a couple of months.  The good stuff is coming, just sit tight and it will appear, honest.

There are lots and lots of bands who end up playing, so far we've not had enough serious rumours to fill a single stage for a single day.  There will be loads of music and there will be plenty of great bands in there.

Nail on the head 2 hats, at the end of the day, you're only going to watch 3 headliners really, and quite a lot more undercard performances, there's going to be plenty of interest going on there, if there isn't, eat food, and dance the night away

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Right, my job for today is to become a Billy Joel fan so I can get disappointed when the legend is announced. Either that or find out I hate him, so I get disappointed when it turns out I was right (which is unlikely).

Ah, sweet disappointment beckons!

Just be careful when googling Storm Front if you're at work.

19 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It's that time of year where people seem to forget that there are hundreds of other stages and complain about the parts they'd only see if it was Radiohead/Prince etc.

While it's probably true, it's not really anyone's place to be telling someone that they don't deserve to go and that their ticket should go 'back in the pot'. I thought diversity and acceptance were supposed to be the order of the day, someone who only listens to Radio One and is mainly interested in the headliners has just as much right to be there whether it's 'really what it's all about' or not. Their ticket sales probably keep the festival going and enable it it put on all the alternative stuff.