Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

18 hours ago, Skip997 said:

So how old is too old?

I'll be 60 later this year and still enjoying a least 3 all nighters at every Glastonbury and Shambala.

It's fine, although post festival recovery is a bit of a slog.

I was 60 just before this year's festival and enjoyed it as much as 20 years ago.  Ok so maybe not so much 'partying hard' but still didn't get back to camp until 0230 or later on any night of the 5 we were there....and I also did 7 hours in the pit on Sunday after fighting my way in for Blondie, Lil Nas X, and of course Elton.  

I'm not thinking of chucking in the towel yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I was 60 just before this year's festival and enjoyed it as much as 20 years ago.  Ok so maybe not so much 'partying hard' but still didn't get back to camp until 0230 or later on any night of the 5 we were there....and I also did 7 hours in the pit on Sunday after fighting my way in for Blondie, Lil Nas X, and of course Elton.  

I'm not thinking of chucking in the towel yet.

Feel that way myself, not many left for me so everyone of them is precious! 

• Like 1

I’ve been to 9 festivals since my first in 2007.

Missed a few years out of choice (had kids, got married etc) but I’ve never wanted to go and not been able to get a ticket. 

I know that run will come to an end sooner or later. I also know at some point I’ll do my 10th Glasto and hopefully many more. 

So whilst I’d love to do next year and will try in October, I’m not stressing about it, if we aren’t lucky we’ll try something different. 

I had a look back at my email.

For the 2019 festival I was sent an email on Sept 28 saying that tickets were on sale 4/7th Oct.

For the 2017 festival I was sent an email on Sep 21 saying that tickets were on sale 6/9th Oct.

Sale date announcements since 2009.

2009: 30th July 

2010: 17th September 

2011: 1st September 

2013: 20th June

2014: 16th September 

2015: 15th September 

2016: 18th September 

2017: 12th September 

2019: 17th September 

2020: 17th September 

2021: 25 August (confirmed no October sale)

2022: 21 January (when 21 fest cancelled, FAQ included note that resale for 2022 would be April 22)

2023: 23rd September 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm p eager to know about the sale date for this year, I really hope we're on November for good now. My partner has said she isn't going to be up to going next year, she's got a spinal injury that stops her being able to stand for long periods of time, pair that with sleeping on an air mattress for 5 nights and the killer heat, she had to have a very subdued festival. I hope that with physio she'll be physically up to it again, and if I'm there without her then absence will make the heart grow fonder and she'll be back in the game for 2025. I'll probably really enjoy a nice solo run next year, I've never done that before, but I'm really looking forward to her coming back and maybe even us enjoying our favourite artist Miss Taylor on the Pyramid together like we were so excited for back in 2020. The spanner in the works there is that we're getting married on the first Saturday of October in 2024, so if the ticket sale date is moving back to then we're probably dabbing down. There's always the Thursday sale but I've never once had a sniff in that, and besides I just don't want ticket day drama around our wedding, it would obviously be sick as hell if we dab up two days before we get married but the odds are just not with us there.

I’m thinking about T-Day multiple times per day, but wouldn’t say I’m anxious about it yet. A massive trip for my 40th is counting on T-Day success so it feels a bit like things are on hold and time is passing slowly..

What I’m not going to do is book the trip anyway and hope for the best. That made getting tickets for 2013 next level stressful!!!! (We did get them though and it was great 👍)

12 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

Interested to know what the process will be this year. Normally quiet lucky but always just be me myself and I trying. Feels like you have to be part of a larger buying group to stand a chance with the new process. Already very nervous here. 

Actually the new system in the resale meant that the large buying groups are less successful because people are unlikely to get through on multiple occasions to be able to help others . The only advantage is if some aren’t trying for coach sale and they help during that for others in the group . The best advantage is to have multiple helpers trying that aren’t going  trying to get tickets as the payment was made later 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 10:10 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

Actually the new system in the resale meant that the large buying groups are less successful because people are unlikely to get through on multiple occasions to be able to help others . The only advantage is if some aren’t trying for coach sale and they help during that for others in the group . The best advantage is to have multiple helpers trying that aren’t going  trying to get tickets as the payment was made later 

There's still an advantage to groups as if 3 people from 1 group get in straightaway they can help another group as soon as they realise that their group is sorted.

Edited by gigpusher

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

There's still an advantage to groups as if 3 people from 1 group get in straightaway they can help another group as soon as they realise that their group is sorted.

But the chance of getting in on multiple occasions seems to be lower … if you didn’t get In almost immediately in the resale you had no chance of getting in it seemed . As the ticket payments won’t fail if the new system is used in this sale 

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

But the chance of getting in on multiple occasions seems to be lower … if you didn’t get In almost immediately in the resale you had no chance of getting in it seemed . As the ticket payments won’t fail if the new system is used in this sale 

I suspect they will put limits on how many sessions that can be done at once so that it won't be just one and done in the main sale and the fact remains that more than one person from a group can get in so groups will still have an advantage.

You are talking about selling 130k tickets at once vs a couple of thousand in the resale. It won't be just one set of lucky people who get in. I'd doubt See Tickets would have their infrastructure scaled to sell that many that quickly.

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I suspect they will put limits on how many sessions that can be done at once so that it won't be just one and done in the main sale and the fact remains that more than one person from a group can get in so groups will still have an advantage.

You are talking about selling 130k tickets at once vs a couple of thousand in the resale. It won't be just one set of lucky people who get in. I'd doubt See Tickets would have their infrastructure scaled to sell that many that quickly.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

57 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

yeah this is the real test of the new system, especially with the idea that it might've been a really small resale

23 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

yeah this is the real test of the new system, especially with the idea that it might've been a really small resale

I'm not sure that the new system will even be in place. 

Sales were impacted last ticket day due to problems with Strong Customer Authentication.  3DS1 was terminated in October 2022 and it was glitchy with some banks, which led to payments failing and people not getting auth requests from their banks etc.   

It wouldn't surprise me if it's gone back to normal now the system works properly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stuie said:

I'm not sure that the new system will even be in place. 

Sales were impacted last ticket day due to problems with Strong Customer Authentication.  3DS1 was terminated in October 2022 and it was glitchy with some banks, which led to payments failing and people not getting auth requests from their banks etc.   

It wouldn't surprise me if it's gone back to normal now the system works properly.

We don't know the system would work properly while Seeticket's servers are getting hammered, the authorization process needs multiple requests and responses from outside systems, makes each individual booking far more lengthy and prone to failure. It's not just down to the bank's systems but the communication with See which is flaky at best during the sale.

Posting this for ticket day karma amongst friends (I’m sure there’ll be an email) but if your registration is Pre 2020 you need to check and confirm it otherwise it will be deleted! 
https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

GDPR presumably

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
GDPR comment
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Posting this for ticket day karma amongst friends (I’m sure there’ll be an email) but if your registration is Pre 2020 you need to check and confirm it otherwise it will be deleted! 
https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

GDPR presumably

🤣🤣🤣

94f39e8aaf37f8840b5d31cef12715ed_w200.gif