Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

don't really think the age is the thing its our bodies capability to handle it which will vary according to various things .... for me the back issue relates to my job and that will be the thing that eventually rules me out , luckily wasn't an issue this year I had some kind mates who carried my main bag and tent in on a trolley .... was totally prepared to myself . I've not put a number on it 

I thought you'd said 400 quid and you're out? That's 2 or 3 more tops probs

26 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

So how old is too old?

I'll be 60 later this year and still enjoying a least 3 all nighters at every Glastonbury and Shambala.

It's fine, although post festival recovery is a bit of a slog.

Very much affected by what you consume and how hard you go for it.  Staying somewhere easy and not drinking until I fall over helps at my age, plus tbh if I start later the following day I'm relaxed about that. 

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Very much affected by what you consume and how hard you go for it.  Staying somewhere easy and not drinking until I fall over helps at my age, plus tbh if I start later the following day I'm relaxed about that. 

I'm still hitting festivals as hard now at nearly 42 as I did when I was 18.  

Realised at Glastonbury this year I can't  do that anymore, and as a result at Truck Festival this weekend just gone (which is luckily close enough to my home I can get back each night) I didn't camp, only touched drugs on one night, drank another and drove the other two.

Less fun, but apart from being a bit tired I was fine on Monday.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Sometimes I think we go to different Glastonbury's

I tend to wander the site pretty widely and go pretty hard. 

An idea:  watch the footage of Elton John doing Crocodile Rock and try to reconcile that with your view that noone goes f**king bananas at the Pyramid Stage and it's only folk on picnic blankets politely clapping along.  It's genuinely notonly the c**ts listening to drum and bass in the Temple know how to have a party 

Admittedly this argument would be easier to make if I could embed the footage below.....but sadly its already off the iPlayer. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

try to reconcile that with your view that noone goes f**king bananas at the Pyramid Stage and it's only folk on picnic blankets politely clapping along.

I've been to a few sets at the Pyramid with everyone going f**king bananas. Jay Z and Beyonce spring to mind.

I just can't imagine anyone going bananas to Elton

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Time to volunteer?

I'm surprised you haven't already gone down that route

It’s a holiday so not taken that option yet . I work the other 48 weeks a year ish so I can have a total shut off from work . I know it’s different so never say never 

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I've been to a few sets at the Pyramid with everyone going f**king bananas. Jay Z and Beyonce spring to mind.

Have you looked at the set on iPlayer ? The whole field has a doing just that 

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I tend to wander the site pretty widely and go pretty hard. 

An idea:  watch the footage of Elton John doing Crocodile Rock and try to reconcile that with your view that noone goes f**king bananas at the Pyramid Stage and it's only folk on picnic blankets politely clapping along.  It's genuinely notonly the c**ts listening to drum and bass in the Temple know how to have a party 

Admittedly this argument would be easier to make if I could embed the footage below.....but sadly its already off the iPlayer. 

I think Fred and Elton have an extension on iPlayer I saw on twitter not yet checked though edit scrap that I can't find them 

Edited by Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Luckily there's plenty of video evidence. 

I didn't see Jay-Z but was there for Beyonce and that paled in comparison to the delirium that set in when Reg started rolling out the bangers.

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I went to Truck Festival at the weekend, didn't drink for 2/4 days as I had to get home on those evenings, and tbh found myself getting quite bored and irritated with my friends who were drinking.

Sorry!

This was me when I first stopped drinking but now I enjoy myself just as much as they do with the added bonus I remember it.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

So how old is too old?

I'll be 60 later this year and still enjoying a least 3 all nighters at every Glastonbury and Shambala.

It's fine, although post festival recovery is a bit of a slog.

I am not far off you. Woke up Friday at 8.30 went back to sleep 4.30 Sunday morning. Back up at 9 and only managed till 3.30 Monday morning. The Friday to Sunday was not by design. 

I’m 43 now and still like a dabble and party. Generally I’m fine but I broke my foot a few years back and have had several ops on it and still suffer with pain after lots of steps and lots of dancing. Also, I have sciatica that comes and goes, most probably due to the foot injury on the opposite side.

This year I’ve invested in a t4 campervan  and it’s made a massive difference. I don’t have to carry or drag my stuff into festivals and it’s got a nice firm rocknroll bed so that helps.

Aren't we a load of moany old men in here today 😂

Seriously, as we get older we all need to make adjustments to consumption and approach.  If you’re not quite there yet, you will be one day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm still hitting festivals as hard now at nearly 42 as I did when I was 18.  

Realised at Glastonbury this year I can't  do that anymore, and as a result at Truck Festival this weekend just gone (which is luckily close enough to my home I can get back each night) I didn't camp, only touched drugs on one night, drank another and drove the other two.

Less fun, but apart from being a bit tired I was fine on Monday.

I was still going too far in the early forties, but much as that decade really felt like a milestone in terms of wear and tear, so did the next one.  Now I'm but a withered husk, so I enjoy myself less often or more tamely. 

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m 43 now and still like a dabble and party. Generally I’m fine but I broke my foot a few years back and have had several ops on it and still suffer with pain after lots of steps and lots of dancing. Also, I have sciatica that comes and goes, most probably due to the foot injury on the opposite side.

This year I’ve invested in a t4 campervan  and it’s made a massive difference. I don’t have to carry or drag my stuff into festivals and it’s got a nice firm rocknroll bed so that helps.

Seriously, as we get older we all need to make adjustments to consumption and approach.  If you’re not quite there yet, you will be one day!

its still great though and anxiety for tday is real

I sat on the train into London today and thought..' Jeez, its only 3 months to t-day..' and now reading this thread realise its only 10 weeks!

I missed out on tickets in 2022 and if I had not gotten them this year I may have called it a day... but whilst this year was the calmest i have had, it really felt great to be back... I will be trying again 

More nervous about the uncertainty.

The sale is always gonna be the sale but I just don't know if it's going to be even harder this year or not.

Discussions starting to get going in our whatsapp group as well @Jack.194 has dusted off the spreadsheet and we're starting planning now!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, stuie said:

I was 45 at this year's festival and it was my first solo one since 2019. Since then I'm heavier (working on that for next year) and have less energy than I used to. That only becomes an issue if I push myself as hard as I used to go, but if I recognise I'm a bit older and give myself an easier time of it, the whole thing is still very doable. The Pennards era is over for me, though. Way too much noise this year all through the night, for the first time in my experience.

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Luckily there's plenty of video evidence. 

I didn't see Jay-Z but was there for Beyonce and that paled in comparison to the delirium that set in when Reg started rolling out the bangers.

I was at all 3.

Reg was on a different stratosphere to The Carters. 

Loved all 3, but there was one clear winner.