Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

What date are we expecting the sale to be on? Just realized i'm away for first week of Nov 😬

Glasto thingy informs me it is usually first week in Oct (Coach Thursday and main Sunday), but last year it was first week in November. Anyone know why it was later last year?  

Edited by I am Jon

3 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

What date are we expecting the sales to be on?  Just realized i'm away for first week of Nov 😬

Depends if it switched back to October or not. If it does; Coach 5th, General 8th October.

If it stay in November, good luck with the wifi/mobile data signal wherever you are going.

We never really found out why it switched to November, rumours of something to do with a dead old lady but my republican self refuses to believe that would be the case.

I've got a guaranteed steward place for next year, but ironically, it's come at the time when I'm least bothered about having to be there than I've ever been before. 

I still love it and had a great festival this year, but there's some proper good other stuff out there.

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Depends if it switched back to October or not. If it does; Coach 5th, General 8th October.

If it stay in November, good luck with the wifi/mobile data signal wherever you are going.

We never really found out why it switched to November, rumours of something to do with a dead old lady but my republican self refuses to believe that would be the case.

Now i'm anxious for the sale date announcement. Will have virtually no internet access where we are going, likely still stuck on airplane Sun 5th Nov. Have a couple of friends who will be trying for us but historically it's always been me who got through.

When do they normally announce the sale date?

Edited by I am Jon

I think the consensus seemed to be that the new method would be worse for the spreadsheet crowd, was this based on actual resale performance (maybe very few tickets compared to the previous year resale?)

I still think having 5 other dedicated people trying for you is better than what I'll end up with, which is two of us trying for a group of 4-6 people who may or may not know what they're doing. 

Obviously the odds are MUCH better than the resale 

Edited by efcfanwirral

After doing 15 on the bounce, I think I'm now at the stage whereby if I miss one then so be it....would have been a different answer 5-10 years ago though!

If the payment method is the same as it was for the resale, I expect to see a lot of disappointed people, especially on here.

If I miss out this time I'm not waiting half a year for the resale. Did that this year and realised I'd scuppered myself for going anywhere else. Knowing I've got options makes me less anxious, but I'm gonna be sweating on that thursday.

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Not me....yet.  

I'm in the 'Think about it every day' camp....at present.

I definitely think our spreadsheet advantage will be lost in terms of anyone getting in multiple times  ..... so a bit more nervous than usual in that respect .

23 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

After doing 15 on the bounce, I think I'm now at the stage whereby if I miss one then so be it....would have been a different answer 5-10 years ago though!

If the payment method is the same as it was for the resale, I expect to see a lot of disappointed people, especially on here.

id not want to be missing one followed by a fallow ( we aren't there yet ) that would mean a long break .... 15 on the bounce is a very decent record though 🙂 

thinking about it now and again, we'll be prepped but have an open mind about it.
It was our 1st year getting tickets this time round. So we made the most of it, done as much as we could just in case its the only time we are lucky!

We still have the glasto blues, f'ing amazing place

Edited by lendan

25 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

id not want to be missing one followed by a fallow ( we aren't there yet ) that would mean a long break .... 15 on the bounce is a very decent record though 🙂 

Its to do with me though not the festival.  A big proportion of my friends don't go anymore, those that do mostly do glamping/tipis/SL/WV.  So that 'buzz' is slowly ebbing away because hardly any of us go anymore.

I worry that I'm starting to go out of routine, and perhaps a year off at somepoint will do me good. I'm also really starting to struggle with 'standard' camping, but some of that is to do with what I tend to consume there beyond alcohol which I think I'll cut right down now.  I sometimes forget that I'm now into my 40s and like you have back issues, I need to start looking after myself a bit more if I want to keep going to festivals.

If I get a ticket I'm going to completely change tact on how I approach the festival perhaps it will give me a new lease of life. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Its to do with me though not the festival.  A big proportion of my friends don't go anymore, those that do mostly do glamping/tipis/SL/WV.  So that 'buzz' is slowly ebbing away because hardly any of us go anymore.

I worry that I'm starting to go out of routine, and perhaps a year off at somepoint will do me good. I'm also really starting to struggle with 'standard' camping, but some of that is to do with what I tend to consume there beyond alcohol which I think I'll cut right down now.  I sometimes forget that I'm now into my 40s and like you have back issues, I need to start looking after myself a bit more if I want to keep going to festivals.

If I get a ticket I'm going to completely change tact on how I approach the festival perhaps it will give me a new lease of life. 🙂 

I quite like our smaller group now it enables me to take things easier when I need it .... probably this year was the year I saw the fewest number of bands and rushed about the least , physically I didn't struggle one bit ... but came away thinking maybe I should have done more ... its hard to achieve that perfect balance though but it helps that my camping group don't really get smashed anymore . 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Are you going on your own again ? or with child ? does that make a difference in any way ? 

I've never been on my own. Always gone with mates or my wife, however last year we took the kids.

If we get lucky again this year we'll take them again, if we get through then brilliant, if not then que sera sera.