Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I've never been on my own. Always gone with mates or my wife, however last year we took the kids.

If we get lucky again this year we'll take them again, if we get through then brilliant, if not then que sera sera.

yeah sorry by on your own I meant not with family .... guess the excitement manifests in a different way depending who you do it with 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah sorry by on your own I meant not with family .... guess the excitement manifests in a different way depending who you do it with 

The future is vast and unknowable, I'm not going to waste energy in July worrying about about a ticket sale in October for a festival next June. Got more than enough to be worrying about between now and then.

I've missed one festival since 2004, eventually that streak will break and when it does so be it.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'd like my kids to be able to go again though, which will be the main reason for trying next year.

I'm planning a jaunt to Germany next summer for the Euros anyway.

and that's another issue, as me and a few mates a looking at going to that for a week or so, plus my gf wants to go on holiday in early June (only something like Devon but it does mean more money and annual leave), and I do other festivals.....something might have to give!

Sometimes I have to remind myself there is a world outside of going to Worthy Farm each summer and I think given now I've sort of left the 'party' lifestyle I need to look at doing the festival differently as all my visits (up to this year and the one year I worked it) have been late nights and over indulgence which I frankly can't cope with anymore (or maybe just one night out of the five)

28 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I quite like our smaller group now it enables me to take things easier when I need it .... probably this year was the year I saw the fewest number of bands and rushed about the least , physically I didn't struggle one bit ... but came away thinking maybe I should have done more ... its hard to achieve that perfect balance though but it helps that my camping group don't really get smashed anymore . 

I struggled in the heat Friday and Saturday and was zapped of energy by Sunday which was quite frustrating I found as like you it meant I saw a lot less than anticipated.

I peaked at Leftfield (the band) then GnR then spent a lot of Sunday grumbling that I'd had enough and went through the motions until we left on Monday. Was odd tbh. 

I think I need to avoid getting smashed off my trolley each day as I clearly can't hack the pace like I used to.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I struggled in the heat Friday and Saturday and was zapped of energy by Sunday which was quite frustrating I found as like you it meant I saw a lot less than anticipated.

I peaked at Leftfield (the band) then GnR then spent a lot of Sunday grumbling that I'd had enough and went through the motions until we left on Monday. Was odd tbh. 

I think I need to avoid getting smashed off my trolley each day as I clearly can't hack the pace like I used to.

yeah my getting smashed was only my birthday night on the fri 🙂  definately couldnt do that every night 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I do tend to find there's quite an overlap between a large number of the 'I struggled in the heat' and the 'I was massively hungover' experiences.

Out of reactions.

This is a spot on observation.

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm planning a jaunt to Germany next summer for the Euros anyway.

Likewise, which is why i was glad it is the very end of June as it leaves the whole group stages clear. Opportunities to see Scotland at major tournaments are few and far between...

Hoping to squeeze both in anyway.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

So how old is too old?

I'll be 60 later this year and still enjoying a least 3 all nighters at every Glastonbury and Shambala.

It's fine, although post festival recovery is a bit of a slog.

For me I think some of it comes from not caining it like I used to so I'm out of practice when at festivals, camping in 'standard' camping (but also trying to resist pre-errected/glamping),  and being older and having a proper job that I need to concentrate on when I get home.

post festival recovery now can take 3-4 days and also involves even more precious annual leave.

its no coincidence that the year I worked it (2019) my recovery was twice as fast!

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

So how old is too old?

I'll be 60 later this year and still enjoying a least 3 all nighters at every Glastonbury and Shambala.

It's fine, although post festival recovery is a bit of a slog.

don't really think the age is the thing its our bodies capability to handle it which will vary according to various things .... for me the back issue relates to my job and that will be the thing that eventually rules me out , luckily wasn't an issue this year I had some kind mates who carried my main bag and tent in on a trolley .... was totally prepared to myself . I've not put a number on it 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

For me I think some of it comes from not caining it like I used to so I'm out of practice when at festivals, camping in 'standard' camping (but also trying to resist pre-errected/glamping),  and being older and having a proper job that I need to concentrate on when I get home.

post festival recovery now can take 3-4 days and also involves even more precious annual leave.

its no coincidence that the year I worked it (2019) my recovery was twice as fast!

This year one of the T&C crew, who is in his 50's asked me how old I am and what was my secret to be able to keep going.

It's quite simple - no alcohol.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This year one of the T&C crew, who is in his 50's asked me how old I am and what was my secret to be able to keep going.

It's quite simple - no alcohol.

I went to Truck Festival at the weekend, didn't drink for 2/4 days as I had to get home on those evenings, and tbh found myself getting quite bored and irritated with my friends who were drinking.

Sorry!