Crying Loads at Glasto this year

tom22

Was my 5th time this year, and don't remember ever shedding a tear at the previous 4.

This year it felt like I barely stopped crying. 

Grohl when he was talking about Taylor Hawkins 

Lewis Capaldi, first the song for his aunt, then when he fell apart at the end

Cat Stevens Father & Son

Badly Drawn Boy talking about the death of his brother a couple of years ago and dedicating a song to him. 

Elton a couple of times. 

I was an emotional wreck. Just me? 

• Upvote 2

Our group of friends have renamed Sunday “Crying Sunday”. Cat Stevens ‘Where do the children play’ started me off for the day ahead. Looked to the left and to the right of me and there were cryers everywhere. I came home and tried to tell my partner about the crying and started blubbing. I’m amazed I’m not crying, just writing about the crying now. It’s been emotional! 

Edited by Bods670
Incorrect word
  • Like 1

My grandma died last year. Every year she'd buy me "bits" for glastonbury. (Wipes, suncream etc). 

Every year she said "Think of me when the fireworks are going". She loved fireworks

Last year I filmed them and forgot to show her.

She went into hospital 3 weeks later.

This year as the fireworks started, I was sat on my own & filmed them. The fact that there was smoke covering them up up this year seemed right. I couldnt show her.

Got me pretty choked up, I wont lie.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, tom22 said:

Was my 5th time this year, and don't remember ever shedding a tear at the previous 4.

Cat Stevens Father & Son

Badly Drawn Boy talking about the death of his brother a couple of years ago and dedicating a song to him. 

Elton a couple of times. 

Not much this year (had a brief moment early Sunday afternoon, on a solo stroll) I think mainly because I cocked up my Pyramid positioning a few times. I didn't feel quite as connected as 2022, Noel/McCartney got me good.

I've found it happening with acts that mean a lot more and more in recent years though. Blur got me the other month and I lost all self-control when Arctic Monkeys dropped A Certain Romance in Sheffield. If a band means a lot to me, I find myself struggling with emotions these days; I don't think it's a bad thing, it's a natural reaction when something is special to you

Edited by mufcok

Used to cry every Glastonbury Sunday like clockwork even before I was guzzling down 10mg of estradiol per day. These day I cry at nothing like 4 times a week on average. Imagine how I got when CMAT did Nashville, imagine how I got when CMAT did Wanna Be A Cowboy, imagine how I got when Bird On The Wire did Chelsea Hotel, imagine how I got when Bird On The Wire did So Long Marianne, imagine how I got when Lil Nas X did Montero, imagine how I got when Caroline Polachek dedicated a song to SOPHIE, imagine how I got when I was standing alone in the crowd with everyone singing along to Your Song and then as the second chorus hit I felt arms around my waist and my partner goes in my ear "I had to find you, I could not leave you alone for this one" 😭😭😭

A miracle I wasn't in the welfare tent with dehydration tbqh

• Upvote 4

Yeah, always happens every year. 

I swear there was a point when Grohl was singing My Hero when he went to sing Taylor, and for a split second sang T, before carrying on  the song as normal. That got me bad.

Cat Stevens with Father and Son got me too as I couldn't help but think of my dad who is suffering from dementia. 

Isn't music the great reminder of things past, present and future? It hurts, it makes you smile, it reinforces that life is fleeting.

3 hours ago, tom22 said:

Cat Stevens Father & Son

Elton a couple of times. 

not just you, i'm much more emotional since my illness, i first realised this new side of me  went i burst into tears when telling my wife that man utd had sacked  solskjaer, something i cared nuthing about.

i bawled my eyes out at ziggy marley and crowded house, & more last year, and at cat, and grolh, and more this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My grandma died last year. Every year she'd buy me "bits" for glastonbury. (Wipes, suncream etc). 

Every year she said "Think of me when the fireworks are going". She loved fireworks

Last year I filmed them and forgot to show her.

She went into hospital 3 weeks later.

This year as the fireworks started, I was sat on my own & filmed them. The fact that there was smoke covering them up up this year seemed right. I couldnt show her.

Got me pretty choked up, I wont lie.

Hope you’re okay, that’s so sweet she used to buy you stuff like this. Just what grannies are like I think 

I didn’t cry but if I’d seen Lewis capaldi I would have cause I almost did watching it on Twitter . Not a fan of his tunes but he’s a nice local boy who I feel a bit worried about and that would have been too much for me defo