Lana Del Rey Curfew

Tom_12

Was gutted that she ran out of time because her set was fantastic. It was all on her though, just a massive shame. My wife really wanted to see Christine and the queen's and I convinced her to see lana so she wasn't happy about only getting half a headliner. 

Stage show was great though and her voice was so much better than I expected.  10/10 for what we got 1/10 for time keeping.

Ugh what a mess that was. Gutted for those in that field. If I were there I’d have picked Lana that night and that would have absolutely soured the festival for me particularly seeing Axl on time and GnR put on a great show.

I just don’t get it really. She came out the pandemic as one of the real winners, pumping out some incredible music at a rate of knots, then to finally get to share that music with your fans and treat them like this? She’s absolutely incredible but that type of attitude doesn’t cut it in 2023. Her live performances, vocal issues and poor stage presence in the past, and now this punctuality mess at the biggest festival in the world just really hold her legacy back. Just a massive shame especially since what she did manage to do sounded absolutely incredible and the best she’s sounded live IMO.

Not particularly a fan so wouldn't have been there or at gnr to be fair .

But if someone was going to be up their own backside would have bet on axel .

Anyway really poor attitude to her fans don't blame the festival her and her associates would know the rules .

According to setlist.fm she had to cut Venice Bitch, Diet Mountain Dew, Summertime Sadness, The National Anthem, Ocean Blvd, and then of course Video Games which she tried to get going anyway. Massive shame and it’s entirely her fault, but at least she was excellent when she did turn up. 

9 hours ago, Derby_Dave said:

I see what your saying.

How about us that wanted to see her set though?

She should have been more respectful to the people who wanted to see her and turned up on time instead of messing around with her hair. 30 minutes late for that is a joke. 

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Some rather unsavoury comments on here, reminiscent of the trolling that Billy Nomates endured on Friday. Bottom line is we don't know the cause of the delay, and I'm confident it wasn't about her 'doing her hair'

Well since said it was her hair, if she wanted to make another excuse as to why she was late then she easily couldve. If she said it was a technical issue then nobody could argue much against it. And Billy Nomates wasnt late, all she did was exist and people decided to be mean to her which was uncalled for. Lana on the other hand brought it on herself. And has anyone said they noticed they were trying to fix something on stage or anything? Surely wouldve surfaced by now. All the posts were just "still waiting for lana"

Edited by Suprefan

10 hours ago, northernringo said:

I guess this is the last time we will see LDR at Glasto

Thought the same. She’ll be fuming despite it being her own fault, and the festival won’t look kindly on her tardiness because her hair wasn’t quite right (as if anyone believes she wasn’t just late out of spite because of the poster shenanigans). 

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well since said it was her hair, if she wanted to make another excuse as to why she was late then she easily couldve. If she said it was a technical issue then nobody could argue much against it. And Billy Nomates wasnt late, all she did was exist and people decided to be mean to her which was uncalled for. Lana on the other hand brought it on herself. And has anyone said they noticed they were trying to fix something on stage or anything? Surely wouldve surfaced by now. All the posts were just "still waiting for lana"

Like I said, as things stand we just don’t know the issue. Perhaps it was to do with mental health or something.

So you’re ok with comments like ‘self-entitled bitch’, which the charming poster two above me wrote?

Apologies if I missed this last night, but can someone who knows what they are talking about regarding licenses, fines etc please explain why Macca was allowed to play until nearly half 12 and Lana was cut off at midnight?"

"It's Macca" isn't good enough imo. Not looking for an argument, genuinely wondering

3 minutes ago, Lubic said:

Apologies if I missed this last night, but can someone who knows what they are talking about regarding licenses, fines etc please explain why Macca was allowed to play until nearly half 12 and Lana was cut off at midnight?"

"It's Macca" isn't good enough imo. Not looking for an argument, genuinely wondering

I imagine there’s been genuine discussions with the festival when it comes to Macca/Springsteen.. they’ve probably said they’re likely to go over, they’ll cover fines, etc. and they were prepared for it.

LDR probably hasn’t had that discussion;  there’s already the suggestion she’s a diva as it is, so the fault is likely to lay somewhere her side rather than the festivals. She’s also not on the main stage, so I can imagine that is a factor too.

unfair on the people in the crowd. But can only lay blame towards her with what is currently known.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lubic said:

Don't know for certain but maybe different stages have different cut off points built into the licence?

1 hour ago, Lubic said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the curfew 00:30 till 2010, now it's 00:00.

Also (and this is just my impression) it seems that 2004 was quite a different time. I'm not one of those "oh the festival is just a corporate thing now" types, but they do seem to run a much tighter ship.

Also, it's Macca.