Overcrowding Predictions

gordong

3 hours ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Expecting the camping areas around gate A to be overcrowded if Pylon is going to be staff camping

This, absolutely stupid idea that.

They push for people to travel by coaches and then close off the largest, nearest campsite. If it’s muddy and pissing down it’s going to be an absolute pain in the arse finding somewhere to camp. Incredibly stupid idea.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Mel C on Avalon will be rammed

This is giving me a proper headache. Biggest problem is that Jake Shears beforehand will be a very similar crowd, so very little churn. I reckon you'll have to be in Avalon by 7pm to see Melanie C.

Which I would be perfectly happy with if I didn't also really want to see Lizzo too 😖

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

You'll have a great time. It's one of my very favourite stages and great for a headliner. Get close enough to the stage to avoid Stonebridge sound bleed.

Ben

Or if you're old and lazy try to grab a seat in one of the little bench huts... 

FB_IMG_1685902422472.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purple aki squat said:

They push for people to travel by coaches and then close off the largest, nearest campsite. If it’s muddy and pissing down it’s going to be an absolute pain in the arse finding somewhere to camp. Incredibly stupid idea.

Same on the 12pm coach from Liverpool and we normally camp in Darble.  Going to be a nightmare trying to find somewhere when we finally get there.

I think that the Lottery winners on the Avalon will be very busy. I know they are playing umpteen times but this is the most accessible venue and at a time when there is little competition. Or am i reading their popularity wrong? Not quite wet leg 2022 but getting close?

28 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

I think that the Lottery winners on the Avalon will be very busy. I know they are playing umpteen times but this is the most accessible venue and at a time when there is little competition. Or am i reading their popularity wrong? Not quite wet leg 2022 but getting close?

They’re not even close to Wet Leg a year ago

4 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Yeah exactly this. I suppose the argument is that they've freed up more space elsewhere, but not everybody is going to be obsessive enough to think over potential camping spots before they get there (I am that obsessive), many just want to pitch their tents and get stuck in. Also, camping right by that big pylon was a lifesaver for me tbh - I'm bad at finding the tent sober let alone at any other time.

Edited by catavento

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

For the Rolling Stones in 2013 they had trucks positioned at a lot of the pedestrian walk ways in towards the Pyramid Stage and flashed up "NO ENTRY - PYRAMID FULL" signs before they came on - fully expecting the same for Elton.

I had no idea they even did that, the pyramid is never full! I guess there's a bit more space in it now then 2013, will Elton really be that popular do we think?

Another big clash is gonna be Thursday 1pm, eats everything history of rave, just because it's so early on.

Edited by Leyrulion

15 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I had no idea they even did that, the pyramid is never full! I guess there's a bit more space in it now then 2013, will Elton really be that popular do we think?

Another big clash is gonna be Thursday 1pm, eats everything history of rave, just because it's so early on.

He did the same concept in 2022, and you couldn’t get anywhere near it. Tent was like 40 deep outside it. There’s no toilets in Stonebridge either, so as soon as you need to pee, you lose your spot. 

I don't know if it counts as crowd control or overcrowding problems, but the run of Skindred>Ho99o9>Alt Blk Era is gonna be very busy. I know there's short sets from Mike Freear and Fizzy Gillespie but I'm sure most people would stick around half an hour to keep their spot for the next band.

The main issues with crowding last year obviously involved too many people in some slots, but it was made worse by people blocking large slots of space, stopping anyone from going forward with picnic blankets, chairs and (like I've mentioned before) camping rope.

Tbh, the only way to deal with this is to get a few stewards/ security moving people along if they've got a blanket and spread in the middle of a main stage performance.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Yes they are a great live band and have picked up loads of fans from the amount of gigging they’ve been doing, and supporting bigger bands on tour plus have done loads of festivals. Also number 1 album. I expect it will be very busy anywhere they play. Shame they couldn’t have got a spot lower down on a main stage. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The main issues with crowding last year obviously involved too many people in some slots, but it was made worse by people blocking large slots of space, stopping anyone from going forward with picnic blankets, chairs and (like I've mentioned before) camping rope.

Tbh, the only way to deal with this is to get a few stewards/ security moving people along if they've got a blanket and spread in the middle of a main stage performance.

This would mean that the security personnel would have to wade their way through the crowds though, which in itself would cause a lot of kerfuffle and then have stewards stuck in the middle of crowds. Only thing that can really be done about people cordoning off space is to simply stand your ground and tell them to move their sh*t; sometimes they comply, sometimes not, but pretty much the only solution. 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I saw Sister Bliss do a DJ set in Silver Hayes on the Saturday early evening in 2017....tent was 2/3rds empty....

Which is probably why she mostly uses the Faithless name these days as it brings in more people. I’m sure there are a bunch of people who have no idea who she is outside of the band she is/was in. 

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Which is probably why she mostly uses the Faithless name these days as it brings in more people. I’m sure there are a bunch of people who have no idea who she is outside of the band she is/was in. 

Indeed.

She was advertised as such (sort of) in 2017....me and two mates found ourselves with a bit of a gap after Liam Gallagher and before Foo Fighters, decided to get out of the crowds and found ourselves in Silver Hayes ( 😄 ) ..... funny how the second she started the Faithless stuff people started running into the tent!

image.png.ec1e26446d0ff303e36035a71dfa853b.png