The churnups

a6l6e6x

A little bit of me is wondering if it's Wet Leg?

They've has this almost Amish / Little House on the Prairie thing going on, Amish milk, Amish churned butter etc

Also playing in Cardiff on the 21st.

Since they seem to be suspiciously absent from the line-up, why not? Third on bill would be a reasonable placing...

3 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

A little bit of me is wondering if it's Wet Leg?

They've has this almost Amish / Little House on the Prairie thing going on, Amish milk, Amish churned butter etc

Also playing in Cardiff on the 21st.

Since they seem to be suspiciously absent from the line-up, why not? Third on bill would be a reasonable placing...

Not suspiciously absent, they played last year.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

@halvin howcome you've linked the TBA Churnups spot to Pulp on clashfinder? its far from confirmed unless you know something we don't

seems halvins not been about for 12 years - whats the story behind that out of curiosity? clearly still loves glasto

He hasn't logged into here since 2011.....

1 hour ago, cgall said:

Their Twitter page follows 2 accounts. Glastonbury Fest and Foo Fighters.

https://twitter.com/thechurnups?s=21&t=-kATO8JS7keqGP9jLx-xTw.

I don’t think that is a legit account. If you go on their likes page it’s liking peoples theories of it being Foo fighters which has barely any interactions on it and then a couple of Foo fighters official tweets. May be wrong but can’t imagine any legit account relating to Foo fighters would be doing that

8 minutes ago, StellaD said:

I don’t think that is a legit account. If you go on their likes page it’s liking peoples theories of it being Foo fighters which has barely any interactions on it and then a couple of Foo fighters official tweets. May be wrong but can’t imagine any legit account relating to Foo fighters would be doing that

Yeah the twitter is so on the nose, that if it is linked to ‘The Churnups’ it’s almost certainly a deliberate novelty red herring. However it’s much more likely it was made yesterday by someone completely unconnected who was bored at work. 

2 hours ago, cgall said:

Their Twitter page follows 2 accounts. Glastonbury Fest and Foo Fighters.

https://twitter.com/thechurnups?s=21&t=-kATO8JS7keqGP9jLx-xTw.

I am really surprised people are buying this as a genuine page, even though it was only set up an hour or so after the line up dropped... Lots seem to believe it's genuine. I don't understand why... Because of some photos that have been in the public domain before? 

8 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

It’s got to be Foo Fighter…..and if not, then EE will have to confirm they are not playing soon as things are already escalating into a frenzy 😂

Why would she? There are no tickets riding on it, and by the time you have tens of thousands in front of the Pyramid at Churn'o'clock, whoever it is will receive a rapturous reception. It will inevitably leak, but I like the idea of the festival staying radio silent on the whole thing until the time comes.

7 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I’ve said it already today,  it Surley it’s an absolute no brainier that it’s Pulp. I really am struggling to see the confusion 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I am really surprised people are buying this as a genuine page, even though it was only set up an hour or so after the line up dropped... Lots seem to believe it's genuine. I don't understand why... Because of some photos that have been in the public domain before? 

People on this forum like talking and coming up with 'wild' predictions that then cause 3-5 pages worth of discussion. Thats pretty much what carried the headliner thread. This thread will go back and forth between 2 acts while others come up with acts like Wet Leg because they're 'Amish like'. 

50 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

It’s got to be Foo Fighter…..and if not, then EE will have to confirm they are not playing soon as things are already escalating into a frenzy 😂

Outside of here. I've seen very, very few people mention its Foos' the majority seem to think its Pulp. 

9 hours ago, Harry MonkFish said:

The tens of thousands of people at the pyramid have no control over themselves, they automatically throw cups of piss at each other. It means only one thing...Oasis are back. 

Royal Blood would be even more furious with that than they were at Big Weekend!

The twitter account tweeted and then deleted a pulp pun that mentioned something about the first days of half term. So I'm now thinking its not the foos as I don't think they have half term in the US.

The photo has also changed to a cup made from cardboard pulp. I now think the twitter account is just a fan trolling 

Edit: Found the tweet!

20230531_080054.jpg

Edited by LondonManGlastoFan
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I imagine with them having a new album out a couple of weeks before the festival that they’ll play a couple from it as well as the hits. This would rip:

1. Rescued
2. All My Life
3. Times Like These
4. The Pretender
5. Under You
6. Learn to Fly
7. Walk
8. Nothing At All
9. My Hero
10. Monkey Wrench
11. Best of You
12. Everlong 

This looks better to me than a full length Foos set. Everything I would want to hear there: 2-4, 6, 9-12. Perfect.

The Twitter account was followed by GF official account, and Foo Fighters official account yesterday.  Today it has also been followed by Pulps official account.  Plus a few new tweets and the pics have changed which means nothing to me but some clever efester must understand.  Yesterdays tweets were FF references, I guess todays are Pulp?  In which case it is just trolling us! 

Edited by Northtim
EDIT - Ignore me, as paulshane points out below I don't know how twitter works!!