2023 New Music

FloorFiller

On 10/1/2023 at 8:10 AM, kalifire said:

Is it just me, or this is utter sh*t?

It's probably just me. OPM was a seminal classic, but since then Mike's been much more miss than hit, for me.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Mike but everything he's put out since his break has been poor. I wasn't mad on Computers and Blues before that, but his first four albums (OPM in particular) have some great tunes and lyrics.

I'll give the new album a go but I'm not expecting much.

On 9/29/2023 at 10:46 AM, The Nal said:

Its better than some of their recent output. Even if its just a remake of Call Me by Blondie

Unfashionable to say so, but I think U2's Atomic City is good! As well as Call Me there's something else in the guitar that's 'influenced by' but can't quite pin it down.

1 hour ago, JRhys29 said:

Yeah I'm a big fan of Mike but everything he's put out since his break has been poor. I wasn't mad on Computers and Blues before that, but his first four albums (OPM in particular) have some great tunes and lyrics.

I'll give the new album a go but I'm not expecting much.

That 'mixtape' he did was his best in years!

Spent the past couple of days catching up on last weeks releases.

King Nuns latest is excellent. Andrew Cushins (supported NGHFB last year) debut also sounding really good. Also repeatedly had the debut from Heavy Lungs (if you like early IDLES you’ll like these) which has woken me up again this morning!

The second Ex-Isles album has been out a week and it's defo one of my 23 highlights. They like more than a bit of Scott Walker and later period Bowie then add some political commentary to it so given the climate of late that equals a rousing doom croon.  Great piano driven pieces with plenty of good sax added for this release. Solid 9/10.

Edited by Fingerbobs
Fiddling with the link

New Goat album out today, but am hesitant as the last one was pretty poor in places, like an even shitter RHCP.

However, have just got a message from the record shop saying I pre-ordered it, so am lumbered.