Maxi Jazz RIP

themuel

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Always struck me as such an unnecessarily cumbersome method. If he was that eager, there are far more efficient ways of doing it. 

I don't want to lower the tone of the thread too much, bit I assumed he might have been handcuffed 😁

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Aw man, sad news. 

The Pyramid set in 2010 was an absolute belter

The feeling of the thud of dancing feet on the Pyramid hill during we come one was like an army on the march, one of the most memorable sets I've seen at that stage. 

Sadly missed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Neil said:

i saw them loads at different festivals , the last  time they played jazzworld  is one of my favourite Glastonbury performances they way maxi delivered 'god is a dj' gave it real meaning and depth.

Spookily for some reason when I got in drunk last night I put on YouTube and watched some of the Faithless performance from Glastonbury 1998.

RIP Maxi 

13 hours ago, oneeye said:

Sad, just sad. Pyramid 2010, the lads in the paddling pool transiting towards the front of the stage as insomnia blasted out, brilliant times. RIP fella 🙏 

Still the funniest thing I’ve seen at the farm. Was fantastic. Shame it’s not on you tube anymore.

Still one of my best nights at the farm ever with Stevie afterwards.

Edited by westholtschic

I remember photoing faithless from the pit at v fest and then I went into the crowd, maxi seemed to spot me and recognise me as the photographer, and then performed the rest of the song at me. 

So sad. Faithless are one of our many 'family' bands, bands which my children were brought up on and which we have seen and danced to many times. Spent Christmas with daughter #1 today (#2 is in Australia) and yes, of course we played some Faithless. 

Specials are another that fall into that category. 😕

Saw Faithless for the first time at Glastonbury '98, a really muddy one. We mounted an old tin Bath on an old pram frame to use as a mobile bedroom for the kids. Worked a treat! 

FB_IMG_1671999560925.jpg

• Like 1