Stadium Ticket Pricing

stanh

Couldn't see a topic similar to this, so thought it'd be worthwhile starting... Following Blur's Wembley Stadium announcement today, I thought it'd be interesting to see the average pricing for Stadium gigs next year. Correct me if I have done any of my maths wrong on here, but seems that the average price for a Stadium show next Summer is currently £97.99. Where possible I have chosen to get the price from See Tickets and a London date, however, in some cases that hasn't been possible - but I think it's all near enough the same anyways. Hope some of you find this of interest, will try to keep updated as and when further shows get announced!

1634696817_Screenshot2022-11-14at21_00_41.thumb.png.42e44622bf833f6aaf5528d68a54b35f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Blur being £50 more expensive than Harry Styles is genuinely surprising, but his tickets were also ruined by dynamic pricing. 

All those prices are disgusting, but Blur are worth £50 more than Styles. A local pub band are worth £50 more the Styles.

Not just stadiums, arenas too. £95 for blink-182 was just ridiculous, the last gig I'm spending that much money on is my final chance to see Roger Waters. 

I see a lot of people agreeing that they're priced out of festivals now but I'm the opposite, I'm priced out of gigs and would rather put 3 gigs worth of money into a pot and go to a festival and see 25x as many acts. 

• Upvote 3

In bygone days bands generally used to use tours as a way of promoting a new album, now with the availability of streaming music and the unlimited access to it bands now tour to make money. Not the only reason for the increased price of tickets but must affect it. Also many venues are now a lot more plush rather than the iconic converted old cinemas I used to love. 

Very interesting. Looks like there is a trend of the cheaper seats going which is sad to see. Other than that Blur don't seem to be that far out in terms of pricing. 

Appreciate with stadium shows it can be difficult to compare as some acts put on a much bigger show in terms of set/dancers etc and all these people do need to be paid. 

12 hours ago, stanh said:

Couldn't see a topic similar to this, so thought it'd be worthwhile starting... Following Blur's Wembley Stadium announcement today, I thought it'd be interesting to see the average pricing for Stadium gigs next year. Correct me if I have done any of my maths wrong on here, but seems that the average price for a Stadium show next Summer is currently £97.99. Where possible I have chosen to get the price from See Tickets and a London date, however, in some cases that hasn't been possible - but I think it's all near enough the same anyways. Hope some of you find this of interest, will try to keep updated as and when further shows get announced!

1634696817_Screenshot2022-11-14at21_00_41.thumb.png.42e44622bf833f6aaf5528d68a54b35f.png

This is very nice. Additionally Def Leppard and Crue are doing gigs with golden circle (£138 approx) and regular standing (£95.20 exact) in glasgow and sheffield. Wembley is the only one with all seating.

7 hours ago, Levitz said:

I think you meant: those Blur, Pink, Motley Crue and Springsteen prices are disgusting. 

The others are all international artists that have stuff to ship about so would expect it to be more pricey. I think because it’s blur it’s more shocking. If it had been Oasis id expect it. But I expect better from blur. I don’t know why. 

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

In bygone days bands generally used to use tours as a way of promoting a new album, now with the availability of streaming music and the unlimited access to it bands now tour to make money. Not the only reason for the increased price of tickets but must affect it.

Yup. And prior to that, touring never really made much money, you aimed to break even on the tour and then profit on merch sales. Which venues got wind of, and instead of thinking "that's a handy attitude, means the booking fees for artists are much cheaper than they should be" went "actually, we want 20% of the revenue on all merch sales in our venue".

So now bands cost more to book, which mean venues and promoters charge more, which mean tickets cost more.

Coupled with huge swathes of the industry moving on over COVID when there was no work - not the artists - the road crew, the sound and lighting guys, the audio engineers... so demand for their work is up which mean prices are.

And then everyone in the entire supply chain trying to claw back years of lost income to get themselves and their companies out of the debt they've taken on.

22 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

The others are all international artists that have stuff to ship about so would expect it to be more pricey. I think because it’s blur it’s more shocking. If it had been Oasis id expect it. But I expect better from blur. I don’t know why. 

Kinda my point, people are angry at Blur who will have similar costs for a stadium gig. It’s an inconsistent reaction.  It’s a bit like the rush for Peter Kay tix, I didn’t see similar outrage I saw people trying to multiple tix and being annoyed by the queue. 

2 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Kinda my point, people are angry at Blur who will have similar costs for a stadium gig. It’s an inconsistent reaction.  It’s a bit like the rush for Peter Kay tix, I didn’t see similar outrage I saw people trying to multiple tix and being annoyed by the queue. 

I don't think it is inconsistent.  they're a british artist - british acts tend not to charge as much as US artists so people are surprised. 

(you'd expect it from Oasis because they're dicks)

Edited by GeezLouise

Supply and demand. If these big acts struggled to sell their tickets, they'd either not tour or reduce their prices. It's up to the ticket buying public. If people are prepared to pay then so be it. Increasingly, I'm not.

The biggest problem is not the huge acts, it's everyone else making music who get very little from recorded work (Because of Spotify, Apple Tunes, etc.) compared with the past, and live music in smaller venues seems to be really struggling. We are in danger of having less and less live music below the major acts.

• Upvote 1