Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Think you might need to be eating humble pie soon Neil

i might, but not as much as if i was thinking and saying they're a suitable headliner (that would have been really embarrassing).

This has possibly been said already but I wonder whether the original line up was AM / GNR / Taylor. Taylor then drops out to do her own tour and Elton steps up and moves his Paris dates so that he can replace Taylor.

This seems to fit with the timing of Emily name dropping GNR, Elton moving his Paris dates, Emily mentioning that Taylor will be playing next time she tours ie 2024 and some on here hearing it is either Taylor or Elton for the third slot.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

i might, but not as much as if i was thinking and saying they're a suitable headliner (that would have been really embarrassing).

I really don’t get the booking , I think his voice is shot to pieces , I think Emily has lost the plot .

Do I think it is happening , sadly kinda do now 

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I really don’t get the booking , I think his voice is shot to pieces , I think Emily has lost the plot .

Do I think it is happening , sadly kinda do now 

Careful now, you'll get swathes of people saying Maccas voice is also shot and he headlined. Despite being a living f'ing beatle and being 20 years older.

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

If they are at rock werchter and mad cool would you not classify them as major?

I dont think Rock Werchter would ever book Guns n Roses in 2023. 😄 They will probably play Graspop in Belgium, a metal festival used to old retro rock bands.

Mad Cool just books every big band they can get. 

50 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

This has possibly been said already but I wonder whether the original line up was AM / GNR / Taylor. Taylor then drops out to do her own tour and Elton steps up and moves his Paris dates so that he can replace Taylor.

This seems to fit with the timing of Emily name dropping GNR, Elton moving his Paris dates, Emily mentioning that Taylor will be playing next time she tours ie 2024 and some on here hearing it is either Taylor or Elton for the third slot.

Rough Bloke the person who first told us about the GnR booking was told the original line up was AM / Taylor/ Elton John but Swift rejected the festival and they got GnR's instead

I saw Guns n Roses for the first time last year at Tottenham Stadium and the sound was absolutely dog shit so it was hard to tell whether his voice was good or not, though he was struggling with it.

From what i could make out, the band sounded decent.

The night after Axl voice went, and then they cancelled dates so i would not take videos posted around July 2023 as a true reflection as where he is currently at. 

58 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

surely them playing BST the following week rules them out? I wouldn't have thought they'd announce Glasto then do a show they need to shift tix for a week later.

Either that, or they won't announce Glasto for a while.

It's pretty common for GF and BST to share a headliner. Big acts often do Hyde Park afterwards to make up some of the cash they don't make on the GF show.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It's pretty common for GF and BST to share a headliner. Big acts often do Hyde Park afterwards to make up some of the cash they don't make on the GF show.

Actually, I don't think it's that common.

The Who in 2015

Arcade Fire in 2014

Stones in 2013

Springsteen and Neil Young in '09

The likes of the Stones and Bruce will sell out wherever they play, but many acts would dilute their own sales if they also did festivals on the same tour as a big gig.

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I guess it is - at least this means they're in the country.

I'm all for GnR at Glasto, I had a mate see them at Spurs last year and said it was amazing - I myself saw them at West Ham and it was amazing back in 2015/16 whenever it was. I get it doesn't fit but personally, I'd fucking love it