Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

2 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Cave has cancelled concerts Russia not Israel. I can only then assume he supports Israel’s behaviour. 

he played in the uk would you say that's because he supports the uk invasion of iraq? and the uk's treatment of refugees?

4 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Cave has cancelled concerts Russia not Israel. I can only then assume he supports Israel’s behaviour. 

As per my previous comment, did every music act who played in the UK and US during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars support those wars?

Did you go to a concert in the US and the UK during the wars? if so you must have supported the wars

Gnr sold around the same tickets in London as lady gaga who is a headliner and had an additional glasgow show that gaga did not have.

Around double the tickets of kendrick lamar who headlined this year.

The cures entire mainland UK tour this year is 86.4k capacity. Gnr sold at least 110k in London alone yet alone the extra from the Glasgow date. 

Paul mccartneys last uk tour was 1 night at the o2, Liverpool arena and Glasgow arena. 

These are headliner number ticket sales.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

As per my previous comment, did every music act who played in the UK and US during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars support those wars?

Did you go to a concert in the US and the UK during the wars? if so you must have supported the wars

I don’t know what Cave’s politics were back then. Clearly now he’s concerned about some countries invading other countries but not others. 

3 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Gnr sold around the same tickets in London as lady gaga who is a headliner and had an additional glasgow show that gaga did not have.

Around double the tickets of kendrick lamar who headlined this year.

The cures entire mainland UK tour this year is 86.4k capacity. Gnr sold at least 110k in London alone yet alone the extra from the Glasgow date. 

Paul mccartneys last uk tour was 1 night at the o2, Liverpool arena and Glasgow arena. 

These are headliner number ticket sales.

Nah don't be silly. They're a band from the 80s that people don't like, so that means no one will ever go see them and if Glastonbury do book them, they're a joke of a festival and people will return their tickets in the 10s of thousands. 

I don't think Arcitcs will headline, they've had 2 good albums over 20 years and play every festival in the world, its a boring booking. They're also boring on stage and have no energy. Glastonbury would be seen as a joke to book them, I know, i run an internet forum. 

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Apartheid in Israel has been going since before Cave was born. It's not just the last few years

True. Not sure what point you are trying to make however. Are you saying we should only be concerned about new human rights abuses? 

it’s only recently that the UN has described Israel as an apartheid state. 

Just now, Colorblindjames said:

True. Not sure what point you are trying to make however. Are you saying we should only be concerned about new human rights abuses? 

it’s only recently that the UN has described Israel as an apartheid state. 

I put to you 'did every music act who played in the UK and US during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars support those wars?

Did you go to a concert in the US and the UK during the wars? if so you must have supported the wars'

My point being if an act that plays in Israel is right wing then there should be the same standard for an act playing in every state that inflicts horror on a population., therefore anyone who plays in the US and the UK must be right wing, as are all those who attend the concerts

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Criticising Antifa and Woke, and defending Israel on the other (red right) hand..

Playing in Israel is not a defence of the Israeli state. Playing in America does not mean one supports drone strikes

I think any level headed person who spends a bit of time reading the actions of antifa will have criticisms. In that quote he has not said he opposes the concept of anti fascisms. He criticises the actions of antifa

The actual right wing uses 'woke' now to mean anything they want to criticise, the word is now meaningless. Previously it meant to many people being overly sensitive and easily offended for example  being offended by some of Cave's lyrics. I take it to mean he does not agree with this version of woke

I know woke originally meant being open minded and attempting to be free of prejudice but the above meaning quickly overtook this meaning. At least in main stream discourse

If you consider Cave right wing because of this then are definitions of right/left wing are too incompatible.

I think your definition of right wing only serves the actual right wing as if takes the conversation away from trickle down economics and other evil policies that are destroying the earth

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Touring again.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That causes the plot to thicken.

Might be completely stupid here but this is today so surely these are long announced ie not news

image.thumb.png.f0dd32a2a35e8b141b0bf08a3b24235a.png

yeah went on sale in august

Edited by gfa

41 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Playing in Israel is not a defence of the Israeli state. Playing in America does not mean one supports drone strikes

I think any level headed person who spends a bit of time reading the actions of antifa will have criticisms. In that quote he has not said he opposes the concept of anti fascisms. He criticises the actions of antifa

The actual right wing uses 'woke' now to mean anything they want to criticise, the word is now meaningless. Previously it meant to many people being overly sensitive and easily offended for example  being offended by some of Cave's lyrics. I take it to mean he does not agree with this version of woke

I know woke originally meant being open minded and attempting to be free of prejudice but the above meaning quickly overtook this meaning. At least in main stream discourse

If you consider Cave right wing because of this then are definitions of right/left wing are too incompatible.

I think your definition of right wing only serves the actual right wing as if takes the conversation away from trickle down economics and other evil policies that are destroying the earth

Good post.

Edited by lighthouse
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

Might be completely stupid here but this is today so surely these are long announced ie not news

image.thumb.png.f0dd32a2a35e8b141b0bf08a3b24235a.png

yeah went on sale in august

No idea, just saw the tweet today. I thought they didn't have any more dates lines up but clearly that wasn't the case 

Edited by Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Not a critcism, but the origins are actually more complicated than that - https://theconversation.com/where-woke-came-from-and-why-marketers-should-think-twice-before-jumping-on-the-social-activism-bandwagon-122713

• Upvote 1