Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

32 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I think we can all agree a foo fighters secret set on the park could be dangerous so I propose they invent a new type of set, namely 'a surprise set' and they occur on the other stage or pyramid stage.

Like a secret set they don't say who it is but it affords them the luxury of getting a massive band and it not potentially being dangerous as they are on an adequately big stage.

Maybe this will make it a little less special for those in attendance but it makes it easier to handle the Blur, Foo fighters and U2 crowds they will have this year if they were on the JP/Park 

It would to be Pyramid opener.

Some incredible cases of the January Blues going on around here of late. Can everyone please relax; the festival will always blow your mind. It’s why the tickets are so highly sought and those that are lucky enough to get tickets always seek a return.

Ain't arsed in the slightest with GnR and understand the malaise with AM and the new direction. Just thankful I have a ticket and have the opportunity to choose alternatives across the weekend. 

34 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I think we can all agree a foo fighters secret set on the park could be dangerous so I propose they invent a new type of set, namely 'a surprise set' and they occur on the other stage or pyramid stage.

Like a secret set they don't say who it is but it affords them the luxury of getting a massive band and it not potentially being dangerous as they are on an adequately big stage.

Maybe this will make it a little less special for those in attendance but it makes it easier to handle the Blur, Foo fighters and U2 crowds they will have this year if they were on the JP/Park 

Sounds good to me.  I hate seeing TBAs all over the lineup - always creates rabid speculation - I think very few people just 'turn up' any more without some inkling of who's actually going to be playing.  TBA are not three magical letters that create an amazing atmosphere just because it's some sort of little secret.  I get that it's great to see a big act on a small stage - in general I don't think festivals are the right place for that, but I think they need something other than 'TBA' at this stage.  If it's a genuinely large act, and for whatever reason they can't / don't want to be an official part of the lineup, then I like your idea of the (bigger) TBAs being on the Other stage - slightly more central to the site at the very least for those only finding out at the last minute.  It doesn't have to be Other - but for Killers, Pulp sized ones they've had in the past then put them on more appropriate sized stages.  If it's someone genuinely wanting a small stage then they need to bend over backwards to keep it an actual secret (think they pulled it off with Paolo Nutini?).  Otherwise, fewer TBA's please!!!

Just now, topmarksbri said:

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 12.13.36.png

Another modern term that has now become cringe worthy due to it's over use on Reddit, Youtube and various other online social platforms. 

This is the original meaning, but now kids throw it around any and every time they disagree with somebody. 

48 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Woo, there are a few rude boys on this thread today. Take a bow, those concerned - you da one(s). Feel like I need something to lift me up and get me dancing in the dark. Here's a diamond theory: RiRi backed out of Coachella because they wanted her as an exclusive - their only girl - and she didn't want to betray Emily in June. She was like 'Emily needed me, so I'm going to work with her. You could say I'm headlining but I won't love the way you lie. I'm going towards the (Somerset) sun where nobody will need an umbrella.'

Thanks for the reminder its midnight in australia right now, enjoy the bevs!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Touche! Read your own bullshit below.

You blatantly put TBC the night that article came out now you claim you didn't. You've actually lost the splot.

You can't cover this up. So if this is wrong too then he's two TBC wrong in one year already.

The best bit is that two hours later it's still TBC.

Yes, from the conversation had, both were thought to be on the Pyramid. Lizzo was put on under Guns and Capaldi as Pyramid in other options.

that was an error will correct it.