Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

33 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

It will never happen. More chance @Neilsitting through GnR than apologising. 

If I believed any old shit that people posted here, I'd have believed rough bloke's take that Madonna was doing glasto a few years back. 

AM 50% - Love alot of what they have up and including to AM. The best way to describe their latest stuff is uncomfortable elevator music. If you like it fine but I despise it. From what I heard their R+L headline set was bad. No energy, no getting the crowd up. Turned up and left (note I wasn't there but from reading on here and talking to people that was the vibe I got). If someone half decent is clashing I probs would bail on AM 

GnR 10% - Very little interest in them. Got some bangers but not for me. Unsure what they would do live. Kendrick last year wasn't my sort of music but it was a once in a lifetime experience to see one of the greatest rapper ever at Glastonbury but with GnR, I dont appreciate their music like I do Kendrick (like I said not my type of music but I appreciate the artistry) 

EJ 80% - Can imagine having a corker of a set. Lots of fun sing along songs, great additions and his last ever UK gig. unless someone massive clashes im there.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

If I believed any old shit that people posted here, I'd have believed rough bloke's take that Madonna was doing glasto a few years back. 

You’re monumentally stupid. 

He posted that in a headliner prediction thread like 2 days after the previous festival. Do you know what a prediction is? 

You’ve proven yourself over many years here to be a stubborn and rude man. It’s pathetic. Can only assume this is why you get no info these days cause you’ve pissed off any contacts you used to have. 

Everyone sees you for what you are, a few sycophants still back you up to feed your ego but the number of mass exoduses from previous regulars speaks volumes.   

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

There was a comment on Reddit with quite a few upvotes saying they thought GNR were headlining the other...

I don't think Axl would allow himself to headline the second stage - even if it IS bigger than the main stage at most other festivals 😄

6 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Sorry what exactly am I reading here?! 😂

I don’t even know has me creasing 😂😂
Guy is saying he is in the know and i kept pressing him for how and this is the response 😂

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

GnR are one of the most successful rock bands of all time.

You don't like them, which is fine, but that doesn't make them a joke.

To be fair to Neil, GnR have been pretty much the definition of a joke since all the other members left in the 90's after the Illusion albums. Basically Axl and a bunch of session muso's for donkey's years, not to mention a guitarist who wore a KFC bucket on his head. Didn't he spend years and years promising a new album as well, and it took until 2008, it was bloody awful by all accounts, and since then zip again since. I haven't been a fan since the early 90's but I'm assuming Slash and Duff being brought back in was a purely business decision, didn't they all hate each other with a passion?

6 minutes ago, therefused said:

like you believed roxy music were playing?

Or when he refused to believe what year Noel Gallagher was playing and had a meltdown about it (he was later proved wrong) or getting the wrong year for Coldplay a while back. The list goes on and on. And now he’s so bitter he will knowingly misrepresent what roughbloke said to try discredit him. A bitter guy.

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

Fred Again headlining John Peel on saturday against a ‘big headliner’ to ensure its not overcrowded. See source from Fred Again discord below 😂

922FB549-869B-4671-8265-C856EA89BD56.png

Honestly don't think I've ever seen a fruit and veg stall at the festival... This isn't the Albert Square Market we're talking about...

Just now, maelzoid said:

Honestly don't think I've ever seen a fruit and veg stall at the festival... This isn't the Albert Square Market we're talking about...

Thinking like wholesale for traders?

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You’re monumentally stupid. 

He posted that in a headliner prediction thread like 2 days after the previous festival. Do you know what a prediction is? 

You’ve proven yourself over many years here to be a stubborn and rude man. It’s pathetic. Can only assume this is why you get no info these days cause you’ve pissed off any contacts you used to have. 

Everyone sees you for what you are, a few sycophants still back you up to feed your ego but the number of mass exoduses from previous regulars speaks volumes.   

Some of us simply value this site and the help that's been shared on here.  I've visited on and off for over twenty years - far longer than some of the folks in this discussion. 

Please don't attempt to characterize my opinions - as you're wrong on both counts. 

Everyone who's been here knows that even before he was ill, Neil had strongly held opinions and was pretty unyielding. That clearly won't have changed since he's been ill, so I simply can't see what there is to be gained by folk piling in making demands or as you've done becoming abusive. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1