Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I'm in the same boat. Don't think I've seen this level of dislike towards a headliner before. I don't understand, if you don't like them, don't go to see them.

Should have heard my reaction to Mumford and Sons...

Pub band!

The reaction to Jay Z was pretty bad (maybe not on here).

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't recall the likes of Ed Sheeran or Mumford & Sons being greeted with much enthusiasm. Even the likes of Adele was divisive.

As I said earlier, Sheeran was met with a shrug and “meh, he’s big enough I suppose…”

Now Kanye, there was a divisive booking.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea I love it when there's a headliner that excites me.  Nothing quite like the Pyramid as a venue. Had a great time at Jay Z and Beyonce, but it's relatively rare that Pyramid headliners are for me, shame really.

2019 I didn't see 1 act. 22 I saw all 3. It happens. 

Personally I wouldn't say that Eminem is an exciting booking that the festival is taking a " chance ' on as you said they should. Seems like your opinion on the artist is making your opinion biased.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't recall the likes of Ed Sheeran or Mumford & Sons being greeted with much enthusiasm. Even the likes of Adele was divisive.

Wasn't here for Mumfords. Ed Sheeran seemed to be mad but understand why. People seem to be very confused and almost angry as why these 3 have been picked.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Two successive Saturday nights on El Pointo where Live and Let Die is going to go off.

You know I was thinking earlier that’d make a great pub quiz question in years to come. 

Was trying to think of other songs that had been performed by headliners on consecutive years.

Pretty sure Flo covered Foos. I’m sure there are more examples! 

This will only be my 10th Glastonbury and from the potential 30 Pyramid Headliners I could have/will watch, only 10 hold any interest to me. Maybe I should have cried more about the other 20. Maybe I did and I just can't remember. Most likely I just wasn't arsed. You know, they're not for me, other people will enjoy it, move on.

I can though sympathise with people who don't have at least one Pyramid headliner to enjoy this year. It's happened to me a few times and despite the whole "it's not about the Pyramid, there's loads to see elsewhere" bravado, I did miss not having the big event in those years. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

You know I was thinking earlier that’d make a great pub quiz question in years to come. 

Was trying to think of other songs that had been performed by headliners on consecutive years.

Not headliners but Islands In The Stream had a good run from the Legends.

For all the crying like massive entitled babies the festival can only, as with any year, book acts who are available and willing to take the fees.

Taylor is touring in the States, Dua isn’t touring next summer from the looks of things, Pink is doing BST, those much anticipated Beyonce dates haven’t materialised. Hell even Coldplay are in Italy when the festival is on…

Who would be realistically available next summer that would be bigger (not necessarily better) than the booked trio?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Not headliners, but Kenny Rogers and Dolly both did Islands In The Stream in the legends slot in successive years. Then Rightbazza did it a few years after that 

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

For all the crying like massive entitled babies the festival can only, as with any year, book acts who are available and willing to take the fees.

Taylor is touring in the States, Dua isn’t touring next summer from the looks of things, Pink is doing BST, those much anticipated Beyonce dates haven’t materialised. Hell even Coldplay are in Italy when the festival is on…

Who would be realistically available next summer that would be bigger (not necessarily better) than the booked trio?

Could have bumped Lizzo to headliner (if she is indeed returning) who would have smashed it rather than booking washed up dad rock bands looking for a cash in. But hey that's just my take, hope everyone who watches em has a blast.

Edited by FrancisH

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

Could have bumped Lizzo to headliner (if she is indeed returning) who would have smashed it rather than booking washed up dad rock bands looking for a cash in. But hey that's just my take, hope everyone who watches em has a blast.

Lizzie headlining?

Now who’s desperate?

2 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Could have bumped Lizzo to headliner while would have smashed it rather than booking washed up dad rock bands looking for a cash in. But hey that's just my take, hope everyone who watches em has a blast.

Oh come on… I bloody love Lizzo but she’s not at a level to headline the pyramid. The chorus of ‘shit booking’ would be louder than ever.

Just now, stuie said:

Oh come on… I bloody love Lizzo but she’s not at a level to headline the pyramid. The chorus of ‘shit booking’ would be louder than ever.

Just an example mate, Emily has often talked about bumping up female artists to stages way bigger than they've had before. If she's gonna get that step up I could see it being glasto that's all.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Lizzie headlining?

Now who’s desperate?

Huh? I didn't say anything about being desperate? Sure you've not mixed me up with somebody else?

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I think Where the Streets Have No Name got played two years in a row, first when The Edge came out with Muse and then with Bono and the lads a year later.

28 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm in the same boat. Don't think I've seen this level of dislike towards a headliner before. I don't understand, if you don't like them, don't go to see them.

There’s a lot of moaning on here but it’s been nothing like the wider reaction to Jay Z or Kanye. I don’t think Metallica, Stormzy and Kylie (05) went over well either.

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

There’s a lot of moaning on here but it’s been nothing like the wider reaction to Jay Z or Kanye. I don’t think Metallica, Stormzy and Kylie (05) went over well either.

Yeah - until there's petitions in the news and Emily's getting death threats than Ye is the standard bearer.